Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Artavis Scott: Clemson's unassuming, uncommon player
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

New Story: Artavis Scott: Clemson's unassuming, uncommon player

Dec 21, 2016, 8:04 AM

Artavis Scott: Clemson's unassuming, uncommon player

Artavis Scott might be Clemson’s most underappreciated superstar. And he’s okay with that, preferring to toil in the shadows and letting his achievements do his talking. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Artavis Scott: Clemson's unassuming, uncommon player

Dec 21, 2016, 8:11 AM

Great article about a very special person! Scott has always been one of my favorite players, but I see him as success in life no matter what he does! Congratulations to him and his mother!!!

Dec 21, 2016, 8:38 AM

What a great story about a great young man! He should be very proud of his accomplishments! We are proud of you and your humbleness is very becoming of you. Congratulations Scott!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2016, 8:42 AM

Tay Scott ROCKS!!!

Dec 21, 2016, 10:25 AM

He has been my favorite player since he stepped on campus. I knew from that first catch in the UGA game he was going to be a great!

Need To Do A Forging History & Best Highlights On Artavis Scott***

Dec 21, 2016, 10:30 AM

Re: Need To Do A Forging History & Best Highlights On Artavis Scott***

Dec 21, 2016, 8:09 PM

That would be a fun and fulfilling thing to watch. He gets it, and he lives a great example for others to follow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We know what you're worth Artavis. We wouldn't be here without you

Dec 21, 2016, 10:46 AM

Clemson Family

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: We know what you're worth Artavis. We wouldn't be here without you

Dec 21, 2016, 8:10 PM

That really is what we are! +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2016, 10:46 AM

Artavis is definitely one of our most under-appreciated and under-hyped players. He single handedly beat the coots in 2014, and has been a huge factor in many other games. His explosiveness and will to win is amazing. There's so many plays where there has been absolutely nothing there, and he's turned it into a 1st down or more. One of my favorite all time tigers for sure.

Dec 21, 2016, 8:11 PM

This! +1 You, also, get it, IMO.

Scott is pound for pound our toughest WR

Dec 21, 2016, 10:51 AM

He's taken some shots over his career that would make older men cry. He reminds me of Steve Smith. It's rare, or better yet impossible, for him to be brought down by only one player.

And now I find out that he's tough off the field as well. No matter what the major is, finishing it in 2.5 years is impressive and not common for a college student, especially one on a high profile FB team. This means that instead of partying he was studying to get that diploma.

Re: Scott is pound for pound our toughest WR

Dec 21, 2016, 8:12 PM

Nailed it! +1

Dec 21, 2016, 11:04 AM

I knew he was special from the moment I heard him speak at the ladies clinic when he was a true freshman. He said the thing he was looking the most forward to was beating the coots...and boy did he accomplish that goal. The thing I like the most about Tay is his heart. He has that special never give up attitude and he will fight for those extra yards. He's a playmaker! I never worry when the ball is in his hands. Gotta admit, Tay will always be one of my all time favorite tigers.

Dec 21, 2016, 11:17 AM

Last Thursday my daughter became my 2nd Clemson graduate. She came in with Deshaun and graduated in 3 years like he did. We were amazed at the number of players who graduated with her. She was seated near Tay and Deshaun and Mike and commented how all 3 were the nicest people in Littlejohn. Put all the championships aside (including the one that is coming in January) and Dabo's lasting mark on Clemson will be his ability to recruit true student athletes that have the right humble heart just like Tay. Congrats to all the FB grads and to my daughter. Clemson has prepared you for a lifetime.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2016, 8:18 PM

Major kudos!!! You get it, and you must have passed it down to your daughter, and CONGRATULATIONS to her!!! The players who join her in graduation, also, are so solid, and they are a tribute to their parents, or to whoever raised them to have the values and determination to achieve the best. So proud to be a Tiger, but even more proud of these young people who really do get it!

Dec 21, 2016, 11:52 PM

Thank you. It really was an amazing Graduation to see all the orange-draped atheletes sharing the stage with her.

Dec 21, 2016, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Artavis Scott: Clemson's unassuming, uncommon player ]

Thank you. It really was an amazing Graduation to see all the orange-draped atheletes sharing the stage with her.

Toughest receiver to ever wear the Paw

Dec 21, 2016, 12:10 PM

Period.

Re: Toughest receiver to ever wear the Paw

Dec 21, 2016, 12:52 PM

Artavis is a hammer. I will miss seeing him.

A football player disguised as a WR***

Dec 21, 2016, 1:21 PM

definition of "baller"***

Dec 21, 2016, 12:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 21, 2016, 1:22 PM

We cannot thank this young man enough for his contriibutions to our football program. At crucial moments, when we were desperate to end 5 years of agonizing frustration, he broke the Gamecocks' backs with speed and balance. I will carry the memory of his sidewinding dance to the endzone against Carolina for the rest of my life. Thank you Artavis Scott.

My favorite player, all due respect to the rest

Dec 21, 2016, 1:39 PM

This young man fights for everything he wants...an extra yard, a Clemson degree.

He and Gallman are both underappreciated giants! I propose a new nickname for them, a la Thunder and Lightning - SHOCK AND AWE!

Hard to have a single favorite player on this team

Dec 21, 2016, 3:18 PM

But I always appreciate the effort he gives especially after the catch.

He has been a great among greats.

Can't tell you how many times I referred to him as

Dec 21, 2016, 5:51 PM

Martavis Scott!!

Wow!

Dec 21, 2016, 8:07 PM

Just wow at the caliber players we recruit, the excellence we demand and the mature man we send out into the world to succeed at whatever they take on, make me beam with pride. I am so proud of young men like Mr. Artavis Scott who embody what it really is all about. This man will succeed at whatever he attempts. So proud and blessed to be a Tiger!

Dec 22, 2016, 12:16 AM

I've always liked Scott. He seems to always have a smile on his face, He surely has gone by the past 3 years with unbelievable catches in clutch moments, before Renfrow came along. Now they share in a similar role, while Scott can be a counterpart to Watson and Gallman in the run, Scott has been quietly racking up the numbers sometimes as a " dual player " receiver/tailback, Really has become a sure hand in the return game, can't say that enough. Congratulations to Scott and his family. You are a great football player , a good person and leader for the receiver's coming in.

Dec 23, 2016, 8:59 AM

I remember sitting in DV watching Scott make his first catch there. Someone tried to tackle him with their shoulder pad and he just sort of shook it off and kept running. I looked over at my friend and said, "You don't push Tay Scott down." Been saying that every catch he makes since. He's one of my all time favorites.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic