Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Adrian Baker details transfer options and plans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

New Story: Adrian Baker details transfer options and plans

Feb 11, 2017, 3:21 PM

Adrian Baker details transfer options and plans

Adrian Baker isn’t in a rush to find a new school and team. Baker announced earlier this week that he would transfer from Clemson and play at another school next season, and once the announcement was made his phone began to ring off the hook. And, contrary to what many believe, he doesn’t have a favorite or a front-runner, not even his hometown Miami Hurricanes. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course those schools want you. We want you too!!***

Feb 11, 2017, 3:27 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

While I wish him the best

Feb 11, 2017, 4:03 PM

I really don't get the transfer....
If he's going to S.Fla to be with the family, great. But what's up with
considering every school around the country. I am sure Baker would had
been a huge factor for the 2017 defense. And for me, corner is a huge
need.

Just confused..

Re: While I wish him the best

Feb 11, 2017, 4:10 PM

Yeah I don't get it either. Clemson has the national spotlight on them and he would get a lot more exposure as part of our D.
Yes, our offense is in question right now as it should be, but our D looks to be even stronger than in years past.
Just not sure what drives his decision.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2017, 5:37 PM

I'm guessing he ends up at FAU or FIU and starts.

He has a better view of who he is competing with here than we do.

I assume Dabo would have made a huge sales pitch, if we did not have reasonably good options at CB.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

If he would have made this decision a couple of weeks ago

Feb 11, 2017, 5:08 PM [ in reply to While I wish him the best ]

we would have found someone else. Texas Teck, Arizona Kentucky etc are not closer to his daughter

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we would not have taken another player in this class-- we

Feb 11, 2017, 5:37 PM

would have held it just like we're doing now for 1 year walkon situation or it's possible there could be a 1 yr FA out there that comes in like Baker is going out

He's a senior. We get his scholarship anyway.

Feb 11, 2017, 5:44 PM

We could have signed 3 less and saved them for next year too. It makes no sense to save scholarships. You get 85, use 85 every year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But if we sign a freshman just because we have an

Feb 11, 2017, 10:23 PM

Open spot then we lose that scholarship for 4 or 5 years. If we just wait a year, then we might could sign a much better prospect and have only lost that one year.

Feb 11, 2017, 6:53 PM [ in reply to While I wish him the best ]

Think he kinda says it by trying to end the talk, it's the depth and his injury. He days he'd have "left when he was behung Alexander"...well let's be honest, wasn't there a story a while back of an interview where he said he almost transfered and left back then, pre-injury? Think he's been trying to figure his way out ever since he didn't get the jib just thrown in his lap.

Feb 13, 2017, 12:03 AM [ in reply to While I wish him the best ]

Who said he is considering all of the schools that were mentioned? He simply said that those were the schools who had reached out to him!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was so upset when i learn about his injury

Feb 11, 2017, 4:50 PM

Now im even more upset that hes leaving. He is one of the best corners weve ever had. I mean 3 starts & TWO int is just crazy. One of those was against fl st which is difficult to do with their receivers. Gonna miss him big time

Re: New Story: Adrian Baker details transfer options and plans

Feb 11, 2017, 5:29 PM

I am not sure who he is listening to or why he thinks starting over at a new school for his last year of eligibility is the best path for him to the NFL. Seldom does a player go to a new school during the summer and become a starter for them by the fall. It takes a while to learn the scheme and for the coaches to trust you grasp the scheme well enough to give you key playing time. Seems like the best path to the quickest and most consistent playing time is right where he has been.

Feb 11, 2017, 5:35 PM

Depends on the school and the coaching staff.

I'm guessing he ends up at FAU or FIU and starts.

He has a better view of who he is competing with here than we do.

I assume Dabo would have made a huge sales pitch, if we did not have reasonably good options at CB.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

adrian, that class you speak of is a reflection***

Feb 11, 2017, 5:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Feb 11, 2017, 5:46 PM

Lol, new details and plans only leave me more confused.
Since he mentioned giving himself the best options to play at the next level, I would have to ASSUME it is about playing time. ???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2017, 6:12 PM

Yeah this story gets crazier by the week. I feel like something was going on last part of the year. Sounded like he was ready to go and couldn't get over???

Also can we please get another picture of him. Kinda tired of looking at that one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2017, 8:53 AM

Agreed. Didn't Dabo mention at least a couple times that he (Baker) was ready but it seemed he was struggling with the mental recovery of the injury. Possibly this evolved into some conflict between player and staff? Just grasping here folks.
I'm more dissapointed with the loss of Baker and the offensive lineman than players leaving early for the draft.( I can grasp the draft)

Feb 11, 2017, 6:13 PM

Did he pretty much say he's transferring Bc he wants to play at the next level? Maybe I read that wrong. Honestly I think he's waiting to hear from an $EC school. my guess is Florida

Feb 11, 2017, 6:16 PM

So he's saying that Playing DB at Clemson doesn't help his chances of getting to the next level or were we gonna limit his playing time Bc of the seriousness of his tear..this can't be the full story.

Coaches must be saying he is down on the

Feb 11, 2017, 9:35 PM

depth chart b/c he hasn't come back from the injury all the way, and he doesn't want to battle it out for playing time in his last year.
Tough, because you want to keep him for his talent and depth, but there is a need to play the best player for the team.

masters degree.

Feb 11, 2017, 9:42 PM

I have to wonder. He is graduating in may. He has to take Masters degree classes. Realistically,he only has to do one semester of this, but you have to have GOOD grades and the the degree has to be offered at your present University to stay. Is it, perhaps, that we don't have, in one way or another, the right situation/ class structure for him to go on here?

What he said was:

Feb 12, 2017, 7:50 AM

""When you become a father, it forces you to make decisions that'll have a big impact on your child's well-being," Baker said."

That does not necessarily mean that he wants to attend school closer to his daughter. It likely means that he wants to do what he can to provide a better future for the child.... a responsible and noble decision.

Imagine that of the top 10 graduating CBs in the country, 3 are on the same team. The #3 likely would get little-to-no exposure to NFL scouts and would find it difficult to get a shot at the early round money. OTOH, if he transferred somewhere to find a starting position, he likely would attract the needed attention - and the increased playing time would help with his confidence and experience.

I'm not saying that Clemson has the top 3 CBs in the country, but we do have some talent which makes his future cloudy. I think he wants the odds a little more in his favor. He's fulfilled his obligation to Clemson and is entitled to make the decision he feels is best for his future. Good luck to him.

If he lands close to home to be by his kid I get it. But

Feb 12, 2017, 11:30 AM

If I were to guess he thinks he won't get much PT for some reason. As somebody already said he know's his depth as good as anyone and must think he's 3rd string or worse. I'm pretty surprised by this as I expected him to start or split time at the worst. Either that or he forgot that you don't have to be the feature DB on our team to get drafted high (TJ Green).

I hope he lands somewhere that he can start immediately because otherwise Clemson and Baker both get screwed over.

I think we'll be ok without him but I hope he enjoys the same success.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic