Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Mascot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Mascot

Sep 13, 2013, 8:42 AM

Bad Idea.....

in a world where there wasn't a mascot problem one was needlessly created.... (read in movie trailer announcer voice)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently, I missed something

Sep 13, 2013, 8:51 AM

Is this something that's been announced, rumored, or what? Links?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Apparently, I missed something

Sep 13, 2013, 8:54 AM

go down the board there were picts and some discussion last night. supposedly to be unveiled at WF game

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2013, 8:57 AM

Maybe it won't be a new mascot, just the resurrection of the Southern Gentleman!! Probably won't happen, but I would support it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2013, 8:58 AM

cant have anything like that these days. sadly

Wrong Name

Sep 13, 2013, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Apparently, I missed something ]

I think I know the right name.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I guess good old eight ball has finally run out of cocaine...

Sep 13, 2013, 8:57 AM

Sad times indeed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Mascot

Sep 13, 2013, 9:10 AM

I never understood the issue with the Southern Gentleman. Aren't all of us Clemson grads Southern Gentleman? It's not like we are the Old #### Rebels or something. It's just a person dressed from the late 1800's. People are too #### sensitive. That's how people DRESSED back then. How is that offensive? As long as we don't have some corporate sponsored mascot then I guess I'll learn to live with it. If we get some new Tiger that wears a Chick-fila jersey or a Taco Bell jersey or some crap that would be totally unacceptable in my eyes. Clemson football is about Clemson and Clemson tradition. Not about corporations and money. Maybe behind the scenes and on some signs but a mascot crosses the line IMHO.

Sep 13, 2013, 9:19 AM

these days you'd have to have a lady too, then some trangender one, a latino, a muslim, etc. It would just never end

Sep 13, 2013, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: New Mascot ]

I believe you mean Country Gentleman.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 13, 2013, 9:12 AM

Oh forgot to mention. If we could somehow get a REAL tiger I would be totally behind that!!

first The Rock and now this!!! OHHHH the humanity!! I'm

Sep 13, 2013, 9:14 AM

ALL IN for The Country Gentlemans return though! It is a frame of mind that this country desparately needs!!

Since tigers are from Thailand, why not a Buddhist mascot?

Sep 13, 2013, 9:19 AM

Makes sense to me?!?!

Re: Since tigers are from Thailand, why not a Buddhist mascot?

Sep 13, 2013, 1:15 PM

I searched through the old posts and all I could find was one about the mascot that sits outside of Mr. Nickerbocker's. Is there a serious thread about this somewhere with a link or credible source? The Tiger Cub came out 15 years ago on homecoming and was suppose to be a girl tiger but they couldn't get the look right. Is the new tiger suppose to be a new girl tiger maybe? I prefer just looking at the rally cats............

Mr. Knickerbockers

Sep 13, 2013, 10:13 AM

Several others have commented below that they saw him at Mr. Knickerbockers before the GA game. I saw him in Knickerbockers this weekend with my family before the SC State game.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic