Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New MLB Rule starting in 2020. Will it be good?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

New MLB Rule starting in 2020. Will it be good?

Dec 12, 2019, 7:57 AM

3 Batter Minimum Rule.

"In an effort to reduce the number of pitching changes and, in turn, cut down the average time per game, MLB will institute a rule change beginning in 2020 that requires pitchers to either face a minimum of three batters in an appearance or pitch to the end of a half-inning, with exceptions for injuries and illnesses."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New MLB Rule starting in 2020. Will it be good?

Dec 12, 2019, 8:01 AM

Hate that it's come to this. I don't like it.

Dec 12, 2019, 8:03 AM

First I heard of this. Going to be a lot of "24 hour intestinal bugs" when that situational lefty has gotten Freddie Freeman out and is forced to face Donaldson or whomever is hitting 4th for the Braves.

According to the analysis I heard on the radio last night

Dec 12, 2019, 8:03 AM

this rule will save, on average, a whopping 44 seconds per game.

Just institute and enforce a pitch clock, it'd be much more effective and doesn't drastically alter the strategy of the game.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: According to the analysis I heard on the radio last night

Dec 12, 2019, 8:15 AM

I bet it would save more than that. I heard that stat, but it takes a couple of minutes alone for a guy to come in from the bullpen and throw a few pitches and get going. Either way, I wonder what some other good ideas would be to speed the game up.

Re: According to the analysis I heard on the radio last night

Dec 12, 2019, 8:17 AM

I forget...the reliever does throw a few pitches on the mound when he gets their still right?

Yes

Dec 12, 2019, 8:29 AM

It's something weird like 8 pitches. I think they get more if they are replacing an injured pitcher though.

"I wonder what some other good ideas would be to speed....."

Dec 12, 2019, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: According to the analysis I heard on the radio last night ]

I started seriously thinking about this as there was a time I followed the game intensely.

Then I remembered, I don't really care. Can't remember last time I sat down to a baseball game, has to have been 15 or 20 years. So, I guess eliminate the entire spectacle for as I am concerned......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "I wonder what some other good ideas would be to speed....."

Dec 12, 2019, 8:36 AM

Yeah I am kind of a baseball nerd, so I get really into stats and box scores, but Inwon't a whole game unless its the Dodgers in the playoffs. I might have the Dodger game on TV, but I am cleaning the house, making a meal, drinking outside on the patio and have it on as background noise. You couldn't pay me to go to a game.

I feel the same way about the NBA and the NHL...

Dec 12, 2019, 8:41 AM [ in reply to "I wonder what some other good ideas would be to speed....." ]

If the entire league folded tomorrow, I would not notice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

"On average."

Dec 12, 2019, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: According to the analysis I heard on the radio last night ]

This situation doesn't happen in every game, so they won't be avoiding it in every game.

Most games this will save 0.0 seconds.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On the hitters and pitchers, and assign timeouts.

Dec 12, 2019, 8:24 AM [ in reply to According to the analysis I heard on the radio last night ]

Teams get five per game. If a hitter or pitcher exceeds the time on the hit/pitch clock, the team loses a timeout.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, and if they're out of timeouts, it's a ball/strike***

Dec 12, 2019, 2:41 PM

Teams will start using those "$EC timeouts".***

Dec 12, 2019, 8:25 AM

null

Dec 12, 2019, 2:53 PM

Well...watching a baseball game is like watching paint dry...anything that speeds it up would be a welcome change IMO...this rule, fewer innings, mercy rule, 20 second pitch clock, limit of 3 foul balls on third strike, only three trips to mound per game, no replay, only two pitching changes max...after that a field player has to do it. All these things might make it bearable to watch.

Dec 12, 2019, 3:28 PM

For a God’s sake, quit trying to change the game in order to appease the idiots who don’t like baseball and wouldn’t watch it no matter how little of their time it took up !!!!

I don’t like golf. It’s boring as hell to watch. Does that mean we should put a stroke clock in place to hurry them up ? Maybe we should put a stroke limit on them so I can hurry up and get back to doing something else.

......Oh wait. I wasn’t watching in the first place. Hell, I didn’t even know it was on. Yeah, they should definitely change the game on my account.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're going to see a lot of sudden tummy aches...***

Dec 12, 2019, 3:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they will fake injuries if getting knocked around.

Dec 12, 2019, 3:32 PM

Kinda like Georgia and LSU.

Dec 12, 2019, 5:42 PM

it's stupid. you're taking away strategy used by the managers. why not just make it like coach pitch baseball and batters get five pitches?

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic