Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Indoor Practice Facility @ SCAR ... why years behind us?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

New Indoor Practice Facility @ SCAR ... why years behind us?

Jul 30, 2016, 8:19 PM

Serious question ... if SCAR has been rolling in all that huge pot of SEC money, why are they just now putting the finishing touches on their indoor practice facility several years behind Clemson??

Do they have anything on the books that even approaches what we'll have when the new football operations building is completed??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Indoor Practice Facility @ SCAR ... why years behind us?

Jul 30, 2016, 8:38 PM

Their coach at the time made fun of and scoffed at ours saying the weather is not that bad there. Now they are naming it after him and his wife. Of course if I were them it would not be done until he is no less Niger working for a rival SEC school.

Credit where it is due they have spent a lot of money on the area around the stadium. Part of that was the state basically giving them the farmers market and having to pay a mint to set up another one. The concrete jungle around their stadium is greatly improved. Actually looks like they care. Still the concessions and restroom areas as well as the fact that after going through the circle jerks and getting to the top level there are still steps to get to my he bottom of the upper deck show it was designed by an architect on a 2 week drunk.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2016, 8:38 PM

They lack(ed) vision and are attempting to catch up to the innovators. I suppose they'll manage to copy us and build a football complex in another decade.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2016, 8:39 PM

You can bet they will have a facility very similar in the near future. They are experts at copying what other institutions do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

b/c they spent their wad on a

Jul 30, 2016, 8:39 PM

70 ft. banner

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who quit on them and then went back to work with UF***

Jul 30, 2016, 9:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

It was supposed to be 140 feet, but they cut it short.***

Jul 30, 2016, 9:51 PM [ in reply to b/c they spent their wad on a ]

they are starting construction on theirs in January

Jul 30, 2016, 8:47 PM

they are ALWAYS one step behind us. It's like they wait and see what we do then jump in right behind us, since they don't quite have the imaginative ability to think forward.

Some lead, some follow. I think that distinction is very apparent in this state.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/article92167367.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

one step? LOL. they are pathetic losers.***

Jul 30, 2016, 9:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

USC = University Sure to Copy

Jul 30, 2016, 10:09 PM [ in reply to they are starting construction on theirs in January ]

They copy everything we do and copy from other programs as well. They have no shame.

Two new copies I've noticed recently. They now have some chicken hand gesture at the end of their alma mater.

Also, they are now doing some sort of spell out in their stupid fight song (step to the rear, indeed!)

Wonder where they got those ideas?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They even hired the same contractor....

Jul 31, 2016, 6:51 AM

who built Clemson's indoor facility.

The next time an original thought goes through their heads, it will be the first time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jul 30, 2016, 10:15 PM

They had to relocate 3 crackhouses and find shelter for as many as 17 vagrants.
The problem really wasn't about money , it was location-location-location !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 31, 2016, 3:24 PM

There is a story down here that passed around state government a few years ago. Apparently Joe Morrison,when he was coach at USC-Eastern, was asked (off the record) how they could become as successful as Clemson. He said,"Easy move us up there and let them come live down here next to the Legislature for a while. Everybody there has a better idea of how to run my football team than I do."

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic