Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Ford Bronco.....WANT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 671

New Ford Bronco.....WANT

Jul 13, 2020, 9:04 PM

2.3L Ecoboost (270 HP, 310 ft-lbs) w/ 7-speed manual is standard. Optional 2.7L Ecoboost (310 hp, 400 ft-lbs) w/ 10-speed auto optional.

4wd standard.

Depending on trim, up to 35” tires.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33277335/2021-ford-bronco-specs-revealed/

Looks like Ford hit a homerun, and I expect them to a take bite out of the Jeep market.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't wait to count the Karen's...

Jul 13, 2020, 9:13 PM

and dooshes in one of those. They gonna have to trade in the Jeep.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought those ####### drove Yukons

Jul 13, 2020, 9:51 PM

The Karens that transport their one kid to and from soccer (where they're clearly the best player and #### carpooling) drive the Yukon XL's, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

They doing it in the fancy 4 door Jeeps now.***

Jul 13, 2020, 9:56 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Karens drive minivans, duh.***

Jul 14, 2020, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Can't wait to count the Karen's... ]

That's so 10 years ago.***

Jul 14, 2020, 10:46 AM

Re: New Ford Bronco.....WANT

Jul 13, 2020, 9:14 PM

Lutz. Sheeple

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can’t wait to hear all the turboqueefs in 10 years when

Jul 13, 2020, 9:20 PM

they’re squatting all around the upstate.

########### I missed the debut time.***

Jul 13, 2020, 9:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will it have that famous Ford reliability?***

Jul 13, 2020, 9:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Ford has 253K miles on it.

Jul 13, 2020, 9:35 PM

Yeah cmon!

...but how much have you spent in repairs that fall outside

Jul 14, 2020, 8:49 AM

typical maintenance?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You gotta be kidding. Was about to do the deposit

Jul 13, 2020, 9:42 PM

Then saw 3500 lbs towing capacity. That’s freaking useless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lutz***

Jul 13, 2020, 9:43 PM

Waited all this time and it’s a freaking toy

Jul 13, 2020, 9:44 PM

Barbie dream machine.

Re: You gotta be kidding. Was about to do the deposit

Jul 13, 2020, 9:45 PM [ in reply to You gotta be kidding. Was about to do the deposit ]

Same as the Wrangler.

What are you trying to tow?

I’d take a gladiator over the wrangler all day.

Jul 13, 2020, 9:48 PM

That’s what I’d be comparing the bronco to (as well as a defender). Primarily towing 6-7k pounds of boat.

Defender is 8k pounds and gladiator is 7k + (and they’re about to drop the 6.4 Hemi in it)

The V8 Jeep was likely an EJS concept they didn’t

Jul 13, 2020, 9:58 PM

Get to use this year because the event was cancelled. They’ve shown V8s in concepts for years.

If they ever drop a Hemi in it for real, it will be a game changer.

Both Bronco motors offer more power than the Jeep V6.

New Defender looks good too, but #### it’s pricey. Plus Land Rover reliability. LOL.

It will absolutely happen.***

Jul 13, 2020, 9:59 PM

Re: You gotta be kidding. Was about to do the deposit

Jul 14, 2020, 8:49 AM [ in reply to You gotta be kidding. Was about to do the deposit ]

Just enough to tow your Yeti cooler.

Is there another SUV with a 6+1 manual?

Jul 13, 2020, 9:54 PM

I think the Bronco looks awesome. Way cooler than the Defender imo.

Apparently their system’s crapping the bed and nobody’s reservations are going through.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Land Rover has 4 on the floor

Jul 13, 2020, 9:56 PM

And a fifth under the seat

I never go crazy over New vehicle releases, and I was meh

Jul 13, 2020, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Is there another SUV with a 6+1 manual? ]

On this until I saw I can get it in a manual. I legit did a quick check on the accounts to see if I can swing the $35K. I have three in college lest you assume I'm a UDP.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 10:29 PM

probably gonna have issues with that engine

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 10:36 PM

The 2.7L has less issues than the 5.0L and the 3.5L Ecoboost. Been around since MY2015 (going on 7 years). The smaller 2.3L is decent so far but hasn’t been around as long.

Jul 14, 2020, 12:47 AM

Yeah, I think it’ll do fine. I thought there would be a 3.5eb option. Maybe later but I love mine in the F150. Fast and tows very well. My diesel buddies are amazed and what mine does when we’re all together pulling jeeps through the mountains. That motor would be a beast in the bronco.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just got rid of my 3.5. It was impressive but

Jul 14, 2020, 7:33 AM

I felt zero drop off driving a friends 2.7. I swear they must underrate that engine.

Re: Just got rid of my 3.5. It was impressive but

Jul 14, 2020, 7:38 AM

I put this in another thread, but will drop here too. For several years AEV has been putting Hemi’s into Wranglers. Once they up for, which usually comes with 2.5” lift and 32” tires, you are looking about 75k. They also did this in the Brute but you are over 100k due to all the fab work.

It’s going to happen in the Rubicon and probably the Gladiator Rubicon. Then the Gladiator would be more like the actual Brute.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt.

Jul 14, 2020, 8:08 AM

I like the AEV stuff too but have never thought it was worth what they charged. I’m not a Wrangler guy at all (bad past experiences) but a hemi in a Jeep with a manual would be unreal.

The 2.7L makes so much torque

Jul 14, 2020, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Just got rid of my 3.5. It was impressive but ]

It gets out of the hole faster than the 3.5L but runs out of steam once get really get moving.

It's no really under rated, just has a much broader and flatter torque curve compared to the 3.5L.

That’s probably what it is. It would be nice

Jul 14, 2020, 8:11 AM

If they had the manual with the 2.7. My biggest concern is that the 2.7 has the port/direct combination injection and the 2.3 is direct only. No way do I want to be dealing with DI carbon issues on an SUV.

True. Will be interesting to see how the 2.3L holds up

Jul 14, 2020, 8:21 AM

I've got a 2020 Explorer loaner right now with the 2.3L (F-150 is in for the cam phaser TSB). It scoots pretty good with almost zero lag.

I hate to admit it, but comfort is becoming

Jul 14, 2020, 8:45 AM

huge with me these days. I loved my AEV Wrangler, but it just got old as heck bouncing around all the time. We were packing on miles on my wife's car and that is when I sold the Wrangler and got the 4Runner. I havent missed the Wrangler at all.

Longer trips, heck even short trips around town are much more enjoyable. This is the reason I like the Defender option better. It definitely rides more like an SUV. The 35's on that Bronco look amazing, but not practical.

Gosh I am getting old.

I even do not like the ride of the Raptor. They have the 34's and it I am not impressed with that ride either.

I am just getting old. I need to just realize these things. :)

Also, follow-up on towing...

Jul 14, 2020, 8:21 AM [ in reply to The 2.7L makes so much torque ]

Looks like they have a tow package option that has “TBD” beside it for tow capacity. I’ll hold out hope for now.

I'd consider one of these if the upcoming 4Runner is a dud.

Jul 14, 2020, 9:12 AM

As long as the 4Runner stays body-on-frame w/selectable full time 4WD and low range, and the roll-down rear window, I'll prolly stick with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd consider one of these if the upcoming 4Runner is a dud.

Jul 14, 2020, 9:14 AM

That is why I chose the TRD Pro package. I am not doing electronic 4WD shifting, I refuse to have that, I want the actual shifter.

Plus the back window going down is so nice for many reasons.

Nice. I didn't know the Pro had a manual t-case.

Jul 14, 2020, 9:22 AM

I wish we still had our 4th Gen 4Runner but having a minivan is really convenient.

Once the kids get a little older the wife will get a Land Cruiser as I'm not holding out much hope for the 6th Gen 4Runner.

Re: Nice. I didn't know the Pro had a manual t-case.

Jul 14, 2020, 9:36 AM

SR5 is electronic, even Limited (I think is electronic) TRD has the Manila.

The rear window is something I really miss from our old 4Rnr

Jul 14, 2020, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: I'd consider one of these if the upcoming 4Runner is a dud. ]

and carries a lot of weight in in what I'm looking at in next car

Thought you got an LR4?***

Jul 14, 2020, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: I'd consider one of these if the upcoming 4Runner is a dud. ]

Re: Thought you got an LR4?***

Jul 14, 2020, 10:23 AM

My wife has a Discovery.

I have the FJ and LR2. LR2 is being driven by SIL right now. Probably end up selling it to her. I am tired of storage fees for 2 vehicles, boat and 4 wheeler. 2 of which I inherited so no humble brag here.

speaking of Toyotas, the dope-est SUV among the school

Jul 14, 2020, 9:29 AM [ in reply to I'd consider one of these if the upcoming 4Runner is a dud. ]

dropper offers last year was, believe it or not, a Toyota Sequoia. Turns out it was a TRD sport edition. All grey. Gear rack on top. Caught my eye every time and Cave Spring has not shortage of every conceivable type of SUV.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They should put the V8 back in the 4runner.

Jul 14, 2020, 11:37 AM [ in reply to I'd consider one of these if the upcoming 4Runner is a dud. ]

But since Toyota can't even put Apple car play in most of their cars, I'm not holding out any hope.

When the Tundra came out in 2007 it was one of the only trucks with a 6 speed transmission.

Thirteen years later, it still is.

Looks like the market is reacting with a giant yawn to the

Jul 14, 2020, 11:42 AM

Supra. Local dealer here had an $8k discount on one in their showroom because (in the words of the salesman) "we can't give the damm thing away".

Re: Looks like the market is reacting with a giant yawn to the

Jul 14, 2020, 11:43 AM

they look awesome in person. I am just unsure of the practicality....even if just a play toy/ car show brag.

They do look cool, but the auto-only factor sucks.

Jul 14, 2020, 11:50 AM

I recall one big reason they don't have a stick is because they thought it would destroy the market for the 86.

I bet they roll a stick Supra out really fast if they just grow roots on dealer's lots.

Wasn't it just basically a BMW?

Jul 14, 2020, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Looks like the market is reacting with a giant yawn to the ]

I'm not sure how big of a market there is for sports cars any more. Personally, I have zero use for one. I have enough trouble with the cops hassling me over other petty, piddly bull chit.

If I was buying something different, I'd want a D90 or even a D110 or something.

Yep, coupes in general are all but dead, and yet

Jul 14, 2020, 11:47 AM

they can sell all the stupid BMW X6/X4 and Mercedes GLC "SUV Coupes" they can make.

The styling is not good. Plus it's really a BMW.

Jul 14, 2020, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Looks like the market is reacting with a giant yawn to the ]

Pass.

Don't you have like 15 year old Subaru or something?

Jul 14, 2020, 11:56 AM

C'mon man..that thing could look like a Ferrari at the price of Chevy Spark and you ain't buying it anyway.

APM drives a 2015 Camry, thankya verymush.***

Jul 14, 2020, 3:16 PM

Replies: 50
| visibility 671
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic