Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Never have seen a Clemson balloon in nature - why?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Never have seen a Clemson balloon in nature - why?

Oct 14, 2018, 9:46 PM

Sad they stopped the balloon launch this year. Has anyone ever seen a Clemson balloon in nature? In their yard? In a pond? On a bus? On a train? Anywhere? Must be a lot of hungry animals gobbling them up very quickly? Maybe a researcher should've taken this up before they made the decision to end the balloon launch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've seen a couple of natural orange balloons.

Oct 14, 2018, 9:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats one happy chimp***

Oct 15, 2018, 12:39 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've seen a couple of natural orange balloons.

Oct 15, 2018, 12:54 PM [ in reply to I've seen a couple of natural orange balloons. ]

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/738/751/61a

I’ve heard they go well with green eggs and ham.

Oct 14, 2018, 10:00 PM

It was an emotional decision, academia is run by leftist and almost all of their decisions are based on emotion.

Re: I’ve heard they go well with green eggs and ham.

Oct 14, 2018, 11:24 PM

rhettm said:

It was an emotional decision, academia is run by leftist and almost all of their decisions are based on emotion.

You think scientists base their decisions on emotion?

I think you’ve been fake news’d

Oct 15, 2018, 8:18 AM

Good scientists don't. Unfortunately many "scientists" today analyze data with a bias to try to make it fit their hypothesis. IE, global warming, or is it cooling, we will just call it climate change.

You were doing so well until you tried to use your id est.***

Oct 15, 2018, 12:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: You were doing so well until you tried to use your id est.***

Oct 15, 2018, 12:32 PM

You miss my point. I believe in climate change. Is it natural cycle or is it man made? In the 1970s scientists were warning of the next ice age. Now they are saying we are going to burn up. There very well Mau be man made climate change, but the data does not yet exist to prove it.

Re: You were doing so well until you tried to use your id est.***

Oct 15, 2018, 12:38 PM

good afternoon captain hyperbole, actually scientist have been saying since the late 1950s that a ten percent change in the Atmospheric CO2 levels would be enough to melt both polar ice caps. We are well on track to achieving this because we do not listen and think we know everything.

but to say that scientists fudge data to achieve a result is laughable. No way we cure small pox, polio, land on the moon, or invent the microprocessor without a stern and strict scientific method. I doubt you even science though because it is not the people talking out of their behinds that are leading this country in innovation.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2018, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I’ve heard they go well with green eggs and ham. ]

Clemson admin is run by corrupt leftist who will even allow one of the highest administrators in Clemson to commit physical assault and battery against a student and manufacture a fake racist incident on campus in order to make the black and minority student body feel afraid of rampant racism on campus in order to provide a "teachable moment" to the white student body.

Yup, Clemson OCES helped fabricate a "racist incident" a few years ago with the intent of making black students fearful of non-existent, fabricated racial violence and encourage them to protest and become hostile towards white students to "teach the white students a lesson".

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/education/2016/06/03/emails-students-claimed-clemson-banana-incident-not-racist/85291820/

simple logic

Oct 15, 2018, 8:24 AM [ in reply to I’ve heard they go well with green eggs and ham. ]

if 100 balloons are launched then 100 balloons will land some where.

the op's outta site outta mind philosophy is juvenile.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: simple logic

Oct 15, 2018, 12:19 PM

If we all promise to pick up and safely dispose of whatever remnants we come across, can we have our balloons back?

Re: Never have seen a Clemson balloon in nature - why?

Oct 14, 2018, 10:06 PM

Because the sea turtles and shore birds crawl over 100 miles inland to feast on their favorite food, biodegradable Clemson balloons, leaving none for you to find. And it makes the snowflakes feel better about themselves by saving The Earth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 15, 2018, 7:44 AM

Why would a shorebird crawl?

Because flying increases their carbon footprint***

Oct 15, 2018, 8:24 AM

Oct 15, 2018, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Never have seen a Clemson balloon in nature - why? ]

Why would a shorebird crawl?

Oct 15, 2018, 12:09 PM

Because it's harder. Duh.
The stupidity displayed on this board is frankly amazing. - why?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 14, 2018, 10:14 PM

Well have you seen any dead turtles since they stopped the balloons???? I didn’t think so. Obviously it’s working!!!!

Oct 14, 2018, 10:47 PM

I sure have. They were all in Maryland.

Oct 14, 2018, 11:18 PM

it does not happen because almost all of the 20k balloons magically disappear once they get too high up for you to see them.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They burn up on reentry.***

Oct 15, 2018, 12:11 PM

If I said yes would you feel better?***

Oct 14, 2018, 11:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 15, 2018, 12:10 AM

They only land in your yard if you are a 'soccer mom'.

My understanding is they're still in the ozone layer

Oct 15, 2018, 12:25 AM

just magnifying the global warming and the melting of the ice caps. Well anyway, it's just a hypothesis.

Oct 15, 2018, 7:42 AM

You've never seen it so it must not be real. I see how it works. I'm glad we have this kind of expertise on board!

It's still we're still stuck on this issue, halfway through the season.

Oct 15, 2018, 7:57 AM

"It's silly we're still stuck on this issue, halfway through the season."

Because those Dang TURTLES eat all of them***

Oct 15, 2018, 8:05 AM

And that is the origina of OOPPS.

Oct 15, 2018, 12:15 PM

Old Orange Plastic Poop Stuff.

Oct 15, 2018, 8:55 AM

I'm not a scientist, but I'm pretty sure the balloons go up into the atmosphere, explode, and then that explosion creates a lot of carbon matter, which then in turn substantially contributes to climate change. Just think about all those hurricanes we were causing through the years.

Bc the poor turtles eat them within minutes of landing.

Oct 15, 2018, 12:41 PM

Clemson Balloons = Crack to Turtles

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know someone who found one on their property near Seabrook

Oct 15, 2018, 1:20 PM

about a week after a football game. The property was a nature reserve on a former rice plantation. That crap doesn't belong there.

Side note, they were at the game as they are Clemson fans.***

Oct 15, 2018, 1:21 PM

Oct 15, 2018, 4:17 PM

Does a bear XXXX in the woods?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic