Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Negative fans.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,225

Negative fans.

Sep 11, 2016, 8:43 AM

Okay, I know we played like crap yesterday, however some of you clearly are the most unauthentic people I've ever seen. Most of you 8 months ago, were worshiping the ground under DW's feet. Now that he's had a few struggles, you're ready to toss him to the waist side. Figures though, a lot of you have so much to say, but have never played the position of QB nor the game of football. I guess that saying is true, there with you when everything is high and mighty, but turn on you as soon as adversity hits. We will be fine. This is very reminiscent of the first few weeks of last year. I will say the Oline has played like crap, and I think the added weight gain for some of them has slowed them down. Our Tackles are getting beat by speed rushers pretty handedly...Let's not rush to judgment on TWO GAMES! GO TIGERS!

Signed by a pissed off fan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait a minute I want to get my popcorn for this one***

Sep 11, 2016, 8:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wait a minute I want to get my popcorn for this one***

Sep 11, 2016, 8:50 AM

You should. Direct response to some of the posters I've seen saying ridiculous statements...I think these kids are more mature than the so called "fans" on this website.

Re: wait a minute I want to get my popcorn for this one***

Sep 11, 2016, 9:02 AM

If we played troy again and did not drop the ball in the end zone on the punt return, the wr have no drops, and Watson connects with Williams on the long passes we have everyone happy because they get the blowout they expected. This team will play better and Watson is still one of the best in the country at qb. I do think these games should have helped him in the heisman vote but instead have hurt his chances.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Negative fans.

Sep 11, 2016, 9:02 AM

The start of this season is NOTHING like the start of last season. Not even close.

Last season we started by putting away Wofford in the first half just like we should have. The next game we played a very good App St team that won 10 games. We struggled for a quarter and a half on offense, but that's it. We took it to them the rest of the game and blew a very good team out. That team is way better than the Troy team we played yesterday. The Louisville game was similar to the Auburn game, but without all the mistakes. They just played us really well.

This team has made more mistakes than good plays this year. Now I know it's going to get fixed and I'm confident we will have a great season, I not in the sky is falling group, but just saying this season has started way way different than last year.

Sep 11, 2016, 9:14 AM

Well I'm not trying to say it's exactly like last year, but the first few weeks of last year, we struggled mightily throwing the football after Mike Williams got hurt. Nonetheless the whole point of that post was to call out all the fake fans bashing DW. Those same fans were just praising him before the season started. Honestly I think DW has lost faith in his oline. He's getting hit almost every time he throws the ball, and rushing throws, because he's having less time to survey the field. I agree with you, this team has made a ton of mistakes. I'm optimistic that all of that will be cleaned up, and we'll start playing Clemson football again!

Sep 11, 2016, 9:20 AM

When all you do is throw and handoff with no dual threat it's easy even for a Troy Dline to bring the heat everytime without much consequence.

Nope, it's real fans that are reacting negatively

Sep 11, 2016, 9:32 AM

to our production on the field. We are lackluster, and that's being positive. If you feel differently then so be it, but mistake after mistake is not going to get it done. And we're 2 games in with minimal to no corrections evident on the playing field.

You say negative, I say realistically and correct to be disappointed. Heck, our coaches who use "coach speak" called it out, we played poorly including DW4!!

Actually we have significant injuries to Boulware and Renfrow!! Troy beat us up, and frankly it's because we were not prepared. That's on coaches & players!! I sat in nearly 100 degree heat and watched a Troy team play their guts out while we got pushed around. Not acceptable, I'm sorry.

Sep 11, 2016, 9:09 AM

Well, I'm not particularly negative, but I'm past the school-girl crush adulation that's been all over this site the whole off-season. Our defense has played well for 3.5 quarters each of the first 2 games. As for the offense--for now, and I will stress "for now", we don't have a record-setting offense on the field, we don't have the best o-line in the country, and we don't have a Heisman candidate. We have 1 more game to get it right before a short week road trip to Grant field

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

We have a new Tnet colloquialism...

Sep 11, 2016, 9:12 AM

"toss him to the waist side".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: We have a new Tnet colloquialism...

Sep 11, 2016, 9:13 AM

I laughed at that myself, a new classic

Sep 11, 2016, 9:27 AM

Ty, I think everyone will be ok now.

:/

duh

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,225
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic