Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Monte Lee will get the Job Done
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,790

Monte Lee will get the Job Done

Feb 19, 2017, 4:39 PM

but patience will be needed. Last year's team overachieved and caused far too high expectations this year. Sad to lose a catcher and have no replacement but that is where we are obviously. Not bashing Wilkie because it is not his fault that he is not close to ready.Pitching is really shaky and if we don't use Krall like we did last year we will not win many conference games. I can assure you at least one of the redshirt pitchers is much better than many of the ones who pitched this weekend. He can't throw in the 90's but he is a pitcher who shows better when the lights come on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Monte Lee will get the Job Done

Feb 19, 2017, 4:49 PM

Expectations should be to get to a regional. He's got to recruit its gonna be a couple years before we are thinking omaha

Feb 19, 2017, 5:24 PM

Good pitching and defense will win games. I'm not sure that the Tigers have either but it will get better. Lee can win with the players he has but this is NOT a power hitting team and he is going to have to play some small ball to win. Someone to hit behind Beer is an absolute necessity. Otherwise he will lead the world in bases on ball. No way I would pitch to him. The Tigers really are not fundamentally sound in the field. No excuse for that. There is a right way to field ground balls and they didn't do it last year and haven't been much better this season thus far.

In football it's QB. In baseball it's pitching********

Feb 19, 2017, 5:40 PM

Feb 19, 2017, 6:07 PM

The pitching is going to get killed when ACC play starts.
Barnes, Krall and Gilliam can't pitch every day.
That's really the only 3 serviceable weekend pitchers we have .
Eubanks is a mid week kind of guy, just like last year look for the Sunday games to be ugly.

Feb 19, 2017, 6:31 PM

Yeah ur right. I was trying to tell posters this last few weeks that we got spoiled last year and we could actually go down some this year. Losing okey hurt. We flat out had some hitting going on last year.

We'll get the pitching and Monte will get a good lineup and we'll win some games with bats. As Monte said, a lotta new pieces.

I think we'll put on a good run late in year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Need some help in other threads

Feb 19, 2017, 6:36 PM

You guys need to post some of this stuff in the other threads because I ain't making any headway. lol

Some I saw were comparing Monte with BBALL... and writing season off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Need some help in other threads

Feb 19, 2017, 7:05 PM

Not even close to basketball. We did get spoiled last year, but this team is definitely heading in the right direction. The pitching is realistically a year away from being where it I needs to be, maybe even two. Having said that, we have some young studs on the team now and the recruiting is going well. Hate that we lost the opening series, but the kids kept after it and they will continue to improve.

Feb 19, 2017, 7:22 PM

I'm not sure that everything is headed in the right direction. I don't see a big difference in the defensive efforts of this team ... yet. Work to be done. Getting the starting catcher back will help a lot. This team didn't play that well against a Wright State team that may or may not be real good.
On the other hand, the basketball team has played with everyone on the schedule right up to the bitter end. (Except fsu). Right now I would say the roundballers are playing better than the hard ballers. I expect a good ending to both
seasons and will remain positive about both!

Feb 19, 2017, 7:35 PM

I see your point. That Sexton dude was making some great clutch pitches though, and they were looking at an awful lot of 3-0 counts that turned into strikeouts. Kinda reminded me of the Regional against Ok State. Defense needs to improve also. Most definitely pulling for both teams!

Feb 19, 2017, 8:42 PM

The kid pitched lights out and even WS said that he was their best.

Actually fri game got to me more. I love football and for obvious reasons they're king. But I love baseball and tigers have been so so close for such a long time. They deserve a cws championship.

Those would be what you call

Feb 19, 2017, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Need some help in other threads ]

coot threads.

Monte won the ACC last year with shaky pitching. It should be obvious to anyone with an IQ above a coot that he's the real deal.

Re: Those would be what you call

Feb 19, 2017, 8:36 PM

Bump. Well said.

No worries. We are defending ACC Champs. Go Tigers!!!***

Feb 20, 2017, 7:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,790
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic