Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Need some Braves magic today...Sid Bream's slide
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Need some Braves magic today...Sid Bream's slide

Oct 9, 2019, 6:44 AM

for those who remember...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgjIVvEQo_o

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Need some Braves magic today...Sid Bream's slide

Oct 9, 2019, 6:50 AM

Remember? I was there. Freshman year of college, took off for Atlanta with $15 in my pocket. Got very lucky and sat 28 rows behind home plate. Other than Clemson’s 2016 National Championship, my best in person sport memory ever.

I’m going to Atlanta today. Hopefully I bring them the same luck. Fortunately, I have a few more than $15 in my pocket and I already have tickets.

Go Braves!

Oct 9, 2019, 6:52 AM

I was rather hoping for Freeman, Donaldson and McCann to start contributing at the plate (finally!) and for a rout of the Cardinals.

No more nail biters (or missed opportunity and disappointing showings) please?

GO BRAVES!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Hopefully, by the close of the day, I will be planning

Oct 9, 2019, 6:58 AM

a TigerNet reunion here at Nats Park. Good luck Braves! LET’S GO NATS!

I’m afraid our task is a tall one, but I trust in Strasburg to carry the night!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Quite possibly the slowest “run” from 2nd to home in MLB...

Oct 9, 2019, 8:50 AM

History. But man was I excited to see it happen. BTW, whatever happened to the hitter Francisco Cabrera? I don’t recall him having much of a career after that.

Oct 9, 2019, 10:53 AM

I got to meet Sid Bream when he spoke once in the upstate. I invited him to speak at my church in Charleston and he accepted. In addition to speaking at the church, he also wanted us to have a men and boy's dinner on that Saturday night and he wanted to do a 1 day boys baseball camp during the day on Saturday. He suffered through the Charleston heat and humidity that summer day, but spent time with each boy that came and gave a very inspirational talk at the end. He's an awesome guy.

I had the honor of hosting him for that weekend. He can be a real cut up! While driving downtown we went by a restaurant named Wet Willie's. You can guess what he did next. You should hear him tell his story of the events leading up to "the slide." It's hilarious!

He will tell you that he was really just an average Major League baseball player, but God allowed him to score that run, which has opened doors for him to be able to speak and share his faith to others around the country.

Oct 9, 2019, 2:51 PM

GREAT story! ???????????????????????? (some more thumbs ups for you! ??)

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Oct 9, 2019, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Need some Braves magic today...Sid Bream's slide ]

Bream was far from average. 12 MLB seasons and the average is less than 6. He might not be a HOFer but he was pretty good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2019, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Need some Braves magic today...Sid Bream's slide ]

Bream was far from average. 12 MLB seasons and the average is less than 6. He might not be a HOFer but he was pretty good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic