Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Need insight about a legacy recruit (Enlighten me DavidHood)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,292

Need insight about a legacy recruit (Enlighten me DavidHood)

Jan 20, 2015, 12:50 PM

Considering the fact that we like to extend offers to legacy recruits (whether its a greyshirt offer, or normal scholarship), what's the scoop with Brian Dawkins Jr. currently? I know we gave him an offer months ago, but is this a scholarship we're going to honor at this point? With Fields committing yesterday, and 2 DB targets remaining (of which we will only take 1), numbers certainly aren't in his favor, and he's not exactly the caliber of player that you oversign for. Are we basically saying "thanks, but no thanks" to Dawkins Jr? Or would we offer him a greyshirt opportunity in lieu of the normal scholarship we offered him previously?

I'm all for adding legacy players (preferably not on scholarship if they wouldn't have normally received an offer, even if they weren't a legacy recruit, but I digress), as long as it doesn't prevent us from landing a more talented player. If we can give greyshirt offers to Trapp and the Davis Twins, then Dawkins Jr. certainly deserves the same offer (especially considering he's more talented than the 3 legacy greyshirts currently committed).

If we are in fact dropping Dawkins Jr. all together, and aren't offering him at least the same greyshirt opportunity that we offered the Davis twins and Trapp, then that's kind of a slap in the face to Brian Dawkins Sr. He was one of the best defensive players to ever come through Clemson, and had one of the most successful NFL careers of any former Tiger in history. I guess my point is if JD Davis, Judah Davis and Amir Trapp get greyshirt offers, why not (a more talented) Dawkins Jr?

TIA in advance for any insight on the current B-Dawk Jr situation

Message was edited by: 803Tiger72®

Message was edited by: 803Tiger72®

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dabo will be doing his recruiting round up

Jan 20, 2015, 12:53 PM

Talk meeting thing soon. You can ask him directly if you are in the area.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I thought they were only allowed to speak on ones that

Jan 20, 2015, 1:00 PM

were committed? How does that work?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dunno. I'm hoping one of you go and tell me***

Jan 20, 2015, 1:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Haha, that's what I do....***

Jan 20, 2015, 1:18 PM

Re: dabo will be doing his recruiting round up

Jan 20, 2015, 1:02 PM [ in reply to dabo will be doing his recruiting round up ]

Also,

I thought we were full...and were not taking anymore recruits

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Exactly, one of my main points in my original post

Jan 20, 2015, 1:06 PM

Nm

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly, one of my main points in my original post

Jan 20, 2015, 1:12 PM

Pretty sure Dawkins Jr has a greyshirt offer

good thing to ask dabo.***

Jan 20, 2015, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Exactly, one of my main points in my original post ]

Re: Need insight about a legacy recruit (Enlighten me DavidHood)

Jan 20, 2015, 1:30 PM

I am not sure what is going to happen there. I've talked to Jr a number of times, and I just never got the feeling that Clemson is somewhere he wanted to be. Maybe he was just being low key, but with him not getting a lot of offers I was sure he would jump all over a Clemson scholly if that's what he wanted. Instead, I would text him and he would respond that he didn't have a decision. My guess at this point is that he is going to go somewhere else, and maybe football won't be a big part of the equation.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2015, 1:36 PM

David I know this is off topic but can you guys get another interview from Mike Mayock at Clemson's pro day like last year ?

Jan 20, 2015, 1:43 PM

Oh yeah...I will be all over it

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2015, 1:54 PM

Awesome thanks

+1, thanks for the update David!

Jan 20, 2015, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Need insight about a legacy recruit (Enlighten me DavidHood) ]

Nm

David is at LSU with Nikki

Jan 20, 2015, 1:30 PM

signing her deal to be the new DC. Haven't you heard?

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,292
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic