Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nebraska pre game balloon release coming under scrunity
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Nebraska pre game balloon release coming under scrunity

Nov 20, 2018, 10:17 AM

Being rivalry week, I'm sure nobody cares. But I thought it was interesting.

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/husker-balloon-released-from-memorial-stadium-found-on-new-york/article_e78ad2a3-cc18-5ff6-a7d9-2c918a65e16e.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: Nebraska pre game balloon release coming under scrunity

Nov 20, 2018, 10:21 AM

If so, that balloon is a long way from home

Re: Nebraska pre game balloon release coming under scrunity

Nov 20, 2018, 10:27 AM

They need to pop that balloon and get some fresh air in New York. Maybe tie Bloomberg to a bunch of these and see if he makes it to England. They love his outlook on guns and politics.

Clemson Engineers must be able to make safe balloons

Nov 20, 2018, 10:31 AM

They only need to last 10-20 hours. Our smarties should be able to figure this one out so we can bring it back. Biodegradable balloons!

Come on Ladies and Gentlemen Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Engineers must be able to make safe balloons

Nov 20, 2018, 9:12 PM

Plastic is the real problem but they want to pick on a couple schools balloons. Try taking Coca Cola, Pepsi and all the big companies on that use plastics or make them.

Message was edited by: The Doorman®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Whole BALLOON THING Is Pointless

Nov 20, 2018, 10:18 PM

We're not going to save the life of ONE CREATURE, human or otherwise, by not sending balloons in the sky. That's the typical - "Focus on something of no consequence, while ignoring 10,000 nuclear ICBMs heading our way" kind of scenario.

YES - chemical byproducts from plastics are known killers. I don't drink any water or other beverage or eat stuff from plastic containers. Bottled water (a scam in itself) - sodas (horrible for you on their own) - if it's in a plastic bottle, killer chemicals are leaching into the water, soda - whatever. Plastic-bottled drinks & foods (especially fast food styrofoam containers) are 100-million times more deadly than 1 or 2000 balloons from a few football games. 2000 balloons (deflated) has about as much plastic as half of ONE plastic drink cup. So stop going insane over nothing - when the LARGE threats are right beside you.

This is a world where we're led to focus on one piece of drival, while ignoring major junk that could wipe us out. Like demonizing smoking - but hardly doing a thing to warn about alcohol. I don't recommend smoking since I've had relatives (including my mom) die of lung & other cancers - smoking-related; but booze will kill you just as dead too! I've lost friends & family to both.

Don't go nuts about "the balloon threat" and forget the grizzly bear standing behind you, ready to slice you in half.

Re: The Whole BALLOON THING Is Pointless

Nov 20, 2018, 10:43 PM

I loves me some yummy yummy plastic chemicals. They have an extra special thirst quencher in the drinks.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic