Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Near-death experience w/ a coot today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,518

Near-death experience w/ a coot today

Apr 1, 2015, 8:25 PM

Background: The town I live (Peachtree City, Ga) is a golf cart community. There are over 100 miles of golf cart paths that run along roads as well as throughout the network of neighborhoods and commercial space.

I was riding in my cart with my dog after work...I had just come back from shooting hoops at the closest blacktop. I approached an intersection with the cart path and the entrance to a neighborhood. There were large bushes right by the cart path where it met the road, so there was very limited viability around the corner into the neighborhood. For this very reason, I slowed to a complete stop and took caution.

Lo and behold, right as I came to a stop, I see a giant, black Tahoe barreling down right at me. I would say one could only see 5-7 feet into the neighborhood before being blocked by the bushes, so the Tahoe literally appeared to be on top of me at once.

Good thing I stopped. I looked directly through the windshield at the driver, a very Stepford Wives-esque looking woman half turned around looking over her shoulder with her cell phone in hand, as she roared right past me, probably doing a solid 25 MPH. Our eyes made contact through the middle passenger window since she was still looking behind her. I didn't get to see her reaction, and I really doubt she was even aware of what had just happened. At any rate, its safe to say I would be critically injured if not dead if I wasn't being attentive and had stopped.

As she passed by, I looked down to see..yep...you guessed it...a coot trailer hitch cover. I Sandblasted her as she drove off, but I don't think she heard me. The jogger behind me sure did though!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Near-death experience w/ a coot today

Apr 1, 2015, 8:29 PM

That's my house errrry night - minus the golf cart.....hehe.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad you got home safe and sound!! Have to put up a "Coot Crossing" sign I guess!***

Apr 1, 2015, 8:55 PM

Apr 1, 2015, 9:01 PM

I don't believe you. I've never seen a coot woman that even remotely appeared to be Stepford Wives-esque. Maybe it was a female bammmer fan who lost a bet to a coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought the same thing

Apr 3, 2015, 8:38 AM

Maybe I was mistaken as my life was flashing before my eyes!

Blonde woman with fancy hair...lots of makeup...one of those wanna-be southern diva types that are usually Auburn fans

Apr 1, 2015, 9:23 PM

So you stopped and looked both ways before entering a roadway and you would've gotten killed had you not done so? Seems like the only problem here is that there's people that sometimes don't stop before entering the roadway...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you are mistaking the type of "roadway" here

Apr 3, 2015, 8:47 AM

Golf cart crossings are clearly marked with signs as well as paint on the road. 98% of the time when crossing the front of a neighborhood, it is easy to see if a car is coming from either direction or not, and stopping is hardly necessary. Traffic in and out of said neighborhood is light at best, and golf-carts always have the right of way over cars.

May sound like common sense to just say "stopped and looked both ways before entering a roadway" but you are grossly underestimating the situation. I didn't emphasize how long I stopped and hesitated. Coast was perfectly clear upon first inspection. I could have easily stopped, looked, proceeded and been T-Boned because the car came out of nowhere so quickly

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,518
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic