Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Winston cleared and FSU code of conduct case.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 3,146

Winston cleared and FSU code of conduct case.

Dec 21, 2014, 5:32 PM

Just saw that Jameis Winston's attorney confirmed with Joe Schad of ESPN that Winston has been cleared of any wrongdoing in his university code of conduct case. What a joke!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This surprises you how??

Dec 21, 2014, 5:37 PM

Nm

Re: Winston cleared and FSU code of conduct case.

Dec 21, 2014, 5:38 PM

Winston refused to testify....his two roommates refused to testify....it took two years to even get a university code of conduct hearing and there was nearly nothing from the TallyPD.

It appears from an outside observer that Winston and his attorney have managed to beat the system. Wonder what avenues the alleged victim now has available? A civil suit??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sad to say that the victim may as well

Dec 21, 2014, 5:43 PM

Give up on having anything done to Winston. This guy has too many buddy buddy system guys down there!

I would sue the University...

Dec 21, 2014, 5:45 PM

at least then, the handling of the situation would be brought into the open

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How can you sue the university when

Dec 21, 2014, 5:51 PM

The university clearly stood beside Winston the whole time. It's a lost cause because the university has more resources than the victim. If nothing has done to this guy and the university and this point, then nothing will.

hard to imagine with all the postering the young woman's

Dec 21, 2014, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Sad to say that the victim may as well ]

attorney(s) have done they weren't looking toward a civil answer down the road; even an out of court settlement is something with jameis looking to get paid soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hard to imagine with all the postering the young woman's

Dec 21, 2014, 5:53 PM

if U remember @ the very first of all this the police and distric attorn said that she was a very poor witness... they had no case because of her!!she told several versions and never did get her point across.. end of story!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Naysayer here

Dec 21, 2014, 6:25 PM

I have no love for FSU. My brother-in-law is an FSU graduate and generally a butt hole about the Nole sports successes. So don't put me down as a Nole or Nole lover but......

Not much is said about the possibility Jameis Winston was assassinated in the press on pretty skimpy evidence which does not hold up under scrutiny. The press, academia, and the left side of the world of politics is always laying in wait to jump an athlete for this or that, brand the guy for life and then pretty much ignore anything that says they rushed to judgement. Anyone recall the Duke Rugby Rapes?

Jameis is a bit of a thug. He's is as offensive as much of rap and hip hop music and he seemly relishes his near gangster reputation. We've all known athletes who fit that mold. Most of us don't like that model, but it is not unique and much of the time the fact such conduct is offensive to many is about the depth of what's wrong.

An assortment of police and legal authorities looked at the Winston sexual assault charges and said there was no crime. I suspect there was no crime. His silly table top recitation of an obscene phrase well known before he shouted it was off color, profane, inappropriate, vulgar and uncalled for. As is much of dorm and college life as I recall. He played war with bb guns like the kids at NCSU. He stole some crab legs and got off, which is a terrible mark against him. I think the guy 'sucks.' But that is about it.

Perhaps he'll crash in real life like the Hindenburg and we can all cheer his flaming death. But so far, I see a lot more well fanned smoke than I do serious crimes and misdeeds.

Not much is said about the possibility Jameis Winston has been thoroughly assassinated in the press on pretty skimpy evidence which does not hold up under scrutiny. At this point, most of his critics ought to sthu.

That's my take.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Naysayer here

Dec 21, 2014, 6:36 PM

The cops did not look at the crime, Harley. That's the biggest problem - the Tally PD's handling of this case was nothing short of abysmal.

The physical evidence suggests rape. She reported the incident the very night in question, she did not know the perpetrator's name, and the rape kit apparently did indeed produce both Winston's DNA and the vaginal tearing strongly indicated forcible sex - rape.

The problem is, they then did nothing. Months went by before the suspect was even identified - by the woman herself, who saw him on campus. (The cops hadn't even gotten that far.) They then attempted to "question" Winston - by phone. Of course he and his roommates duly lawyered up, refused to speak to the authorities...and they basically did nothing for months, until the woman finally went public and the case was dragged out into the open. The DA handed the case took a look at the train wreck he'd been handed and said: "I can't prosecute this...the cops bungled it too bad."

There's a lot about this situation that's awful. In particular the manner in which the Tally PD basically was complicit in dusting the whole sordid thing under the rug...it basically gives free license to any FSU football player to do anything...and indeed, a litany of things were reported by none other than the New York Times that the Tally PD had been disinclined to investigate regarding FSU football players.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/us/florida-state-football-casts-shadow-over-tallahassee-justice.html?_r=0

the physical evidence suggests sex, vaginal tearing is not

Dec 21, 2014, 7:06 PM

exclusive to rape.

he admitted to having consensual sex, why wouldn't he?

1000s of pages were released according to that piece. the work was done, the witness, "your witness", was the problem and the da found no reason to move forward based on it et al.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the physical evidence suggests sex, vaginal tearing is not

Dec 21, 2014, 8:21 PM

as I said she was such an awful witness the police and prosecution could get nothing

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Naysayer here

Dec 21, 2014, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Naysayer here ]

I don't expect him to live a long life. He will attempt to rape the wrong woman or steal from the wrong person, and they will kill him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so he's got that going for him, which is nice?***

Dec 21, 2014, 7:26 PM

Re: Sad to say that the victim may as well

Dec 21, 2014, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Sad to say that the victim may as well ]

I despise that alleged rapist! He is and always will be scum almost as big a scum as his sleezebag lawyer! There is no justice in Tallahassee....where's all of the outcry? Nobody cares, he is above all laws, he's a fukn football God, that's all that matters!

Where are all the women's rights activists in FL that seem

Dec 21, 2014, 6:57 PM

to get all wound up over issues that are 1/16 this magnitude? It just amazes me that so many have made JW out to somehow be the poor victim in all of this. He's lucky that's not my daughter or sister.

Re: Where's Al Sharpton?...... Oh yeah, Winston is

Dec 21, 2014, 7:10 PM

Black....

rights, jw & others were excercising them. i imagine fswho

Dec 21, 2014, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Winston cleared and FSU code of conduct case. ]

still faces some bad words from the feds over the delay.

it seems the fswho admin's position has always been they felt the criminal process took precedence over any title ix[student] issue or consideration and would be addressed when it concluded.

i imagine they will be "corrected" if the feds decide that's not the proper procedure. there are ~90 other of these fed reviews going on around campuses across the states?

To hear FSU fans tell it, Winston is the "victim." Sickening***

Dec 21, 2014, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Winston cleared and FSU code of conduct case. ]

but his 2 teammates that were in the room with him were in violation?

Dec 21, 2014, 5:41 PM

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

That whole program is a "sweep it under the rug" joke.

Dec 21, 2014, 5:42 PM

They are an embarrassment to the ACC.

Also never knew they had an actual "code of conduct."***

Dec 21, 2014, 5:44 PM

Re: Also never knew they had an actual "code of conduct."***

Dec 21, 2014, 6:51 PM

Sad...but true.

Re: That whole program is a "sweep it under the rug" joke.

Dec 21, 2014, 6:31 PM [ in reply to That whole program is a "sweep it under the rug" joke. ]

> They are an embarrassment to the ACC.

They are an embarrassment to all (except themselves).

Re: Winston cleared and FSU code of conduct case.

Dec 21, 2014, 5:42 PM

He is just like OJ, he committed a crime that everybody knew he committed, and got away with it. He will likely end up like OJ, and commit another crime and end up in jail.

Replies: 24
| visibility 3,146
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic