Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
C'mon guys, this is childish & un-American
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

C'mon guys, this is childish & un-American

Nov 17, 2020, 9:06 AM

and I wonder if my patriotic, conservative friends here can admit it.

President Trump is refusing to recognize reality and his blocking of the transition will endanger national security and hamper our response to the virus (& lots of other harm)

Can you guys admit that it is time for him to co-operated with the Biden transition - for the good of the country.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: C'mon guys, this is childish & un-American

Nov 17, 2020, 9:07 AM

I meant to add this to the above

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-blocks-bidens-incoming-staff-in-unprecedented-ways/ar-BB1b5s0q?li=BBnb7Kz

Nov 17, 2020, 9:14 AM

whats your hurry?

https://youtu.be/Hl2XMgyJEMw

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2020, 9:34 AM

The transition of administrations is serious business and it takes months. there is vetting to be done, security clearances to check and the getting up to speed in hundreds of important concerns. Not having the time to do it properly puts our country at risk.

I also think our "inability' to do this plays poorly on the world stage and encourages our adversaries to test us in ways that they would not otherwise.

Nov 17, 2020, 9:48 AM

Nov 17, 2020, 1:45 PM

keowee,

Surely you are not equating these two events.

Nov 17, 2020, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: C'mon guys, this is childish & un-American ]

our gubmint is designed to be slow

what is the risk that you see, specifically

Nov 17, 2020, 1:54 PM

ranger,

1. It takes time for cabinet positions and others to be vetted and to be cleared by security. This delay risks some of those clearances not being in place when the new administration takes over. There are a number of concerns that need to be dealt with energetically from day one. This delay threatens the ability of theBbiden administration to be able to do so.

2. Thousands and thousands of executive branch hires need to be brought up to speed on the current status and introduced to their counterparts in dozens of foreign governments - to begin to establish professional relationships.

3. Foreign governments, both allies and adversaries are watching this lack of cooperative transition and are looking for cracks through which to gain an advantage. If America can not stand for democracy and a peaceable transfer of power, then who can.

Finally, these two months have long been recognized by both Republicans and Democrats as busy and essential months necessary for the continuation of a strong and stable government. The idea that there is no big rush is either foolish or willfully contrarian.

Nov 17, 2020, 4:19 PM

i think that you are assuming these positions will be filled with new people, but i think they will be filled with career bureaucrats that are already in the area

but what specifically is the threat/risk?

Nov 17, 2020, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Re: C'mon guys, this is childish & un-American ]

1.Shouldn’t we have checked “security clearances” before they even have the opportunity for the position they are put in? If you didn’t know who was in the “cabinet” and learned of their credentials, then maybe you shouldn’t be allowed to select people for positions

A 6 year old can enlighten most of the new members of worldwide leaders and their tendencies. So. I need to spend ridiculous money to just stop in and say hey.

Nov 17, 2020, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: C'mon guys, this is childish & un-American ]

Let me get this straight now. You want Trump to give Biden how Trump was dealing with the Wuhan flu and how he was going to disturb a vaccine? I thought he had all the answers or that is what he was saying. Come on man.

Nov 17, 2020, 1:59 PM

OC,

Yes ! Yes, I do expect President Trump to read President-elect Biden into the current state of affairs in thousands of different areas of concern, including national security, the Corona Virus and many others.

This is EXACTLY what other presidents - leaders - adults have done in all previous transitions. The idea that the President of the United States would do anything else is juvenile an unpatriotic.

You might be so childish as to take your ball and go home, but the President of the US (any President of the US) should not.

Isn't it common knowledge that Obama actively plotted and

Nov 17, 2020, 2:14 PM

spied on Trump right up until inauguration? Is anybody still contesting that?

I think HISTORICALLY you're right, but I would like to throw out a mature and non-childish "He started it!"

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Nov 17, 2020, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: C'mon guys, this is childish & un-American ]

LOL. put our country @ risk. What do you think all the thing the dems were trying to do to Trump did not put our country @ risk. Man you are something.

Pssst

Nov 17, 2020, 12:20 PM

Re: Pssst

Nov 17, 2020, 12:27 PM

the office of president elect

Ranger - If you were a bit more aware of how our gov't works

Nov 17, 2020, 2:17 PM

You might not make so many foolish statements. (see attached)

Here's a little education for you. No need to thank me, its my profession.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/11/biden-did-not-invent-the-office-of-president-elect/

Re: Pssst

Nov 17, 2020, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Pssst ]

T3,

You can't really believe this, can you ? Do you know SO little about the responsibilities of the President, that you think that he is only President while he is on TV. Being on TV may be the least consequential thing a President does.

There is a difference between reality and reality TV. I am not sure whether you or Trump has figured that out.

National security risks? Please elaborate

Nov 17, 2020, 12:39 PM

I’m fascinated by what these risks could be?

Surely you are not just repeating a CNN catch phrase

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: National security risks? Please elaborate

Nov 17, 2020, 12:41 PM

You might be right. You have to get ideas from someone else and not to think for yourself.

Nov 17, 2020, 2:20 PM

OC,

This is how adults do it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/10/politics/obama-trump-biden-white-house-meeting-2016-trnd/index.html

Nov 17, 2020, 2:32 PM

Again you are a CNN yuppie. Invite the man over and have the FBI bug all his communications. That is the way adults do it.

Nov 17, 2020, 2:05 PM [ in reply to National security risks? Please elaborate ]

clem,

I mentioned these to ranger up above but I will list then here again - just for you

1. It takes time for cabinet positions and others to be vetted and to be cleared by security. This delay risks some of those clearances not being in place when the new administration takes over. There are a number of concerns that need to be dealt with energetically from day one. This delay threatens the ability of the Biden administration to be able to do so.

2. Thousands and thousands of executive branch hires need to be brought up to speed on the current status and introduced to their counterparts in dozens of foreign governments - to begin to establish professional relationships.

3. Foreign governments, both allies and adversaries are watching this lack of cooperative transition and are looking for cracks through which to gain an advantage. If America can not stand for democracy and a peaceable transfer of power, then who can.

Finally, these two months have long been recognized by both Republicans and Democrats as busy and essential months necessary for the continuation of a strong and sta

Nov 17, 2020, 1:59 PM

I think Trump most certainly IS recognizing reality: The reality of serious vote fraud. If we have to wait 'til after the beginning of 2021 to find out just how much there was, fine by me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2023, 4:19 PM

coot,

44 Presidents (of all parties) have honored and assisted this peaceable transfer of power. Now this immature, narcissist is putting his petty egotistical needs before the needs of the country.

I don't want to see any of you supportive clowns ever use the word patriot or patriotism again.

Nov 17, 2020, 2:17 PM

44 Presidents (of all parties) have honored and assisted this peaceable transfer of power.

Wrong. Team Obama was spying on the Trump campaign and setting perjury traps well before the 2016 election.

Nov 17, 2020, 2:26 PM

coot,

1. Those instances were part of an investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election. 17 different intelligence agencies stand by the statement that there WAS Russian interference to this day. Trump may not have gotten caught conspiring with them, but the interference is solidly established.

2. This is a different situation. This is after the election. The American people have spoken. Joe Biden is OUR next President. As such, he deserves the information and cooperation of the outgoing administration to help him best prepare to lead us through the next four years - regardless of how Trump feels about it.

We hired him and now we have fired him. It is his duty to assist the next guy to take over the job. Period.

Nov 17, 2020, 2:57 PM

"Russia, Russia, Russia!!!" was after the election too. Then it was after 2017 came and went. Ditto 2018 and 19.

If little-girl-hair-sniffing Joe legitimately won, so be it. But don't you agree that allegations of serious fraud should be thoroughly investigated? Or would you rather that 40% of so of the population consider the president illegit for the next four years?

Childish and un-american is turning a blind eye to

Nov 17, 2020, 2:11 PM

obvious concerns about election "irregularities" just because your candidate "won".

Everybody with a pulse knew that this election would have all sorts of "irregularities" from partisan domestic sources, or from foreign countries like Russia, China, Iran, Israel, or any other country that has access to a computer.

Clearly if Trump would have been crowned the winner, Team Biden would not concede and fight it tooth and nail. I suspect you'd also have riots in the streets to go along with it - but that's just my opinion. I concede that Team Trump would probably be doing the same thing that Team Biden is doing know... "trust the system" "do what's best for the country"... all that stuff.

I'm interested to see how this plays out. As a luke-warm Trump supporter, I feel like there is some shenanygans going on that needs to be brought to light. Can it be proven? I hope so. Is it enough to turn the election? Well that's a good question. Not sure. From now until the electoral college votes, I see no issue with Trump fighting this. Team Biden should proceed as planned with picking their cabinet members, and talking with the public.

If December comes and goes and Team Trump hasn't proven anything, I don't know whether or not he'll concede, but by that point, I will.

Re: Childish and un-american is turning a blind eye to

Nov 17, 2020, 2:33 PM

ryan,

Welcome to the discussion. I respect your opinion about Trump continuing his legal challenges in court, even though I have yet to see one piece of solid evidence of shenanigans.

However, Trump should allow Biden to get the daily intelligence briefings and other important info while those court cases proceed. This is exactly what President Clinton did while the courts worked through the questions in the 2000 election.

To do anything less is to put national security at risk. Plenty of experts in this area agree with me.

Re: Childish and un-american is turning a blind eye to

Nov 17, 2020, 2:43 PM

Maybe Obama should have played fair with Trump in the beginning. I guess you think only rep. have to play fair. Not going to happen. Y'all started it and so it continues.

Seems reasonable.

Nov 17, 2020, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Childish and un-american is turning a blind eye to ]

On your point about if the roles were reversed...

Nov 17, 2020, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Childish and un-american is turning a blind eye to ]

2016 election was closer and yet Hillary conceded the election the next day and within 48 hours of election day, Trump was meeting with Obama in the White House as the new President-Elect.

Apparently she had a change of heart...

Nov 17, 2020, 4:20 PM

"Joe Biden should not concede under any circumstances , because I think this is going to drag out, and eventually I do believe he will win if we don't give an inch, and if we are as focused and relentless as the other side is,”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/hillary-clinton-says-biden-should-not-concede-2020-election-under-n1238156

Context matters...

Nov 17, 2020, 5:24 PM

she's talking about if the election is close and we're waiting on absentee ballots to be counted after election day. She's talking about the context of Trump claiming on election night that he was the winner that Biden should not concede until the absentee votes are counted and verified as accurate. Luckily, while she was right about what Trump would do (he told us he'd do it) it ended up that her advice was unwarranted because Biden didn't think to concede and the votes were proven to be accurate and no fraud detected as even Trump's own administration has certified. Plus, this election wasn't particularly close unlike in 2016 (which again, she conceded the next day and Obama met with Trump.)

But as John Heilemann in the clip says, her statement is a bit of a Rorschach test of how you feel about the election and from which side you are coming from.

I say he should cooperate just as well as

Nov 17, 2020, 3:38 PM

the Obama-Biden administration cooperated with Trumps transition team. Spy on them and then fake a dossier.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Nov 17, 2020, 9:02 PM

has Toby stated what the specific risk is?

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic