Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
National Championship game busts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

National Championship game busts

Jun 1, 2016, 6:34 PM

Just watched the championship game again. Kept hoping we wouldn't have 4 busted plays this time around. Didn't happen. Darnit. Eliminate just one bust and we win. If we are going to get back to this game again, Venables is going to have find a way to eliminate the broken plays. Alabama didn't have any broken plays like ours and we still almost won. Come on now. Stop the busts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Re: National Championship game busts

Jun 1, 2016, 6:37 PM

None of that was BV fault. LB overrun the gap on the long td run, and one of our 2 new safety draftees didn't cover the right guy (TE TWICE!!!).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2016, 7:08 PM

Virtually, every play where one team makes a great play is the result of somebody on the other team missing, or not properly carrying out, an assignment. Granted, some are great plays, but a great play by the other team negates them. The pendalum swings both ways, and yes, AL missed some plays and assignments, too. We just missed one too many, and they did get extremely lucky on the onside kick. Rarely is one executed that perfectly, no matter how much you practice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seems like there could have been an adjustment after they

Jun 1, 2016, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: National Championship game busts ]

exploited the coverage the first time....Ultimately, I feel like we missed Wiggins

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2016, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: National Championship game busts ]

if Mack is in the game, those two secondary breakdowns don't occur and we most likely win the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2016, 9:14 PM

I wonder if there were there any failed druggies involved in those plays for bama. We will find out when it all shakes out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. And we really missed Korrin Wiggins back there all year.

Jun 1, 2016, 9:25 PM

I know he was out all year, but his reliability and flexibility allowed our other safeties/ DBs to be more aggressive in 2014. The cracks started showing in 2015- and when Mac went out, it was too much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

That early INT from DW was the play I always

Jun 1, 2016, 9:54 PM

think about. We had them on the ropes, and were a ball thrown just a few feet higher away from crushing their fanbase and soul. No INT and I think we rolled them 50-20 or so.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic