Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
National Championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

National Championship

Dec 10, 2018, 6:24 PM

Not trying to put the cart in front of the horse, but I am looking for any possible hotel recommendations for the Natty, and recommendations on things to do. Definitely doing San Fran for atleast a day.

Any idea where the team hotel would be? San Jose?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: National Championship

Dec 10, 2018, 7:11 PM

I don't want to rain on your parade, but in my opinion, San Fran is a dump. Pan-handlers and homeless everywhere. It's been a few years since I was there and I've heard it's even worse, poop in the street, needles, etc. If you just want to be able to say "been there, done that" then, do the cable cars and the Golden Gate bridge and get the heck out. Pass on Fisherman's Wharf. While you are at the Golden Gate, continue North into the wine country (Napa and Sonoma valleys). There are hot springs and a couple small geysers (don't expect Old Faithful like). From the Sonoma area, head West toward Bodega Bay. If you are old enough to remember the Hitchcock movie, The Birds, it was filmed in Bodega Bay. You will also pass through the Russian River area with some redwoods to see. You can take Highway 1 back to the San Fran area for some nice scenery.

San Fran does have one redeeming quality...good food. Most every place has sourdough bread. If you like beer, try Anchor Steam beer. It's one of my favorites from the area. I have seen it back East but never on draft.

If you decide not to go to SF, I think you will enjoy the Monterrey area. They have a Fisherman's Wharf and it's a lot more family friendly. Depending on how far you want to drive, you can also pick up the Pacific Coast highway and head South for an hour or two. Beautiful view of the Pacific.

Good luck and Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with ThumbCat

Dec 10, 2018, 7:48 PM

but you need to see parts of SF. Last time I was there got pitched(forcefully)on the hotel elevator by a working girl and my wife was with me. Oh yea, the McDonalds had a armed guard at the door.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

^ Pinched or pitched?

Dec 10, 2018, 7:55 PM

i would like to be lightly pinched by a wommens..in a SF elevator..while talking Clemson football of course.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^ Pinched or pitched?

Dec 10, 2018, 8:03 PM

I think you need to google the term “working girl”...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree with ThumbCat

Dec 10, 2018, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Agree with ThumbCat ]

Are you sure it/she/he was a girl?

Re: National Championship

Dec 10, 2018, 10:34 PM

Not trying to put the cart in front of the horse, but I am looking for any possible hotel recommendations for the Natty, and recommendations on things to do. Definitely doing San Fran for atleast a day.

Any idea where the team hotel would be? San Jose?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Go Tigers

We got a 3 bedroom Airbnb just outside of San Jose for $210 a night.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic