Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nancy Armour USA TODAY takes Dabo to task
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Nancy Armour USA TODAY takes Dabo to task

Nov 24, 2020, 8:30 AM

Opinion: Dabo Swinney's criticism of Florida State not only wrong, it's reckless

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/columnist/nancy-armour/2020/11/23/clemson-dabo-swinney-casts-doubt-covid-with-criticism-florida-state/6399797002/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish Tnet was 1000% focused on Pitt the way Dabo is***

Nov 24, 2020, 8:32 AM

Re: I wish Tnet was 1000% focused on Pitt the way Dabo is***

Nov 24, 2020, 8:37 AM

I am still waiting on his apology to Mike Norvell.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wish Tnet was 1000% focused on Pitt the way Dabo is***

Nov 24, 2020, 8:40 AM

Don't hold your breath.

Re: Nancy Armour USA TODAY takes Dabo to task

Nov 24, 2020, 8:34 AM

Opinions are like buttholes..............

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 8:54 AM

Some just stink worse than others...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 2:26 PM

Don't be so tough on Nancy...she once spent 3 minutes underneth a football player so she knows all about the game! She's not class enough to hold Dabos' headset!

I aint never put my wang in an opinion***

Nov 24, 2020, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Nancy Armour USA TODAY takes Dabo to task ]

Ha Ha - When Did We Start Caring About Women's Opinions?

Nov 24, 2020, 8:34 AM

Go help Dimmich make me a Sammich.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody with criticle thinking skills reads the USA Today

Nov 24, 2020, 8:40 AM

n/m

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 9:44 AM

This is a direct quote from Dabo, "If that bothers people then too bad. If telling the truth is wrong then guess what, then too bad because I am going to tell the truth and that is exactly what happened."

This newspaper lady was all over Dabo when he stated, sometime back in April/May, that he thought that there would be College Football in the fall. She was the one who was after Duke University for not bailing out of college football. Her words were something like - I can understand why these other ACC and SEC schools are opting for football but Duke, being an "elite" university, should know better. This came after the Big Ten and the Pac 10 had opted out.

There was not a word of apology to Dabo or anyone else when college football games did start in Fall as Dabo had predicted. Also, she offered no criticism to Pac 10 and Big 10 when they backed in.

Biased and opinionated lady.

I have stopped reading her articles; I suggest you do too.

why did you post this junk?***

Nov 24, 2020, 10:28 AM

Nov 24, 2020, 10:29 AM

the Greenville news along with USA today are both great things to have around if you happen to be running low on toilet paper.. that's about it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Newspapers are good for bird cage and cat litter box liners.

Nov 24, 2020, 12:39 PM

And, for cleaning a windshield with windex.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

This article is the kind of knee jerk reaction that disgusts me.

Nov 24, 2020, 10:36 AM

Dabo NEVER minimized the seriousness of the pandemic, and nothing he said is causing anyone to take COVID less seriously.

But since he didn’t cave to the PC crowd, he’s labeled as insensitive and lacking in compassion. So stupid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I 100% agree

Nov 24, 2020, 2:52 PM

This is exactly WHY I want Dabo to just be quiet and move on. This is not an argument to be won.

There is nothing he's said publicly that couldn't just been said front of his players, coaches and medical staff to show he has their back.

Keep your mouth shut, go back down to Tallahassee and either a) beat them by a 80 points or b) play nothing but 2nd & 3rd string after the 1st quarter and beat them by 40 points (and save the first team for the next week's game).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This article is the kind of knee jerk reaction that disgusts me.

Nov 24, 2020, 2:57 PM [ in reply to This article is the kind of knee jerk reaction that disgusts me. ]

Well said JK

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Nov 24, 2020, 10:46 AM

Nancy who......who the crap is she ....another nobody fake news person I would guess......Go Tigers!!!

Who? never heard of him.***

Nov 24, 2020, 12:01 PM

If I gave a flying flip about a MSM writer's opinion,

Nov 24, 2020, 12:37 PM

I would have voted for Biden/Harris, stayed in my house and starved to death, and burned up my savings while wearing a mask even in the shower.

But, I am capable of thinking for myself. And, this broad will not get my click.

She can take a flying leap off the Sunshine Skyway Bridge in Tampa ... and that's my opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Nov 24, 2020, 12:46 PM

Consider the source. USA Today defended Hillary Clinton when we had video of her lying about being under enemy fire in Mideast. She was on a tarmac shaking hands with children when she claimed the incident happened. Bald faced lie. What does that tell you about USA interest in truth?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 2:12 PM

This puts me in mind of an old Andy Griffith episode. The one where the lady reporter wants to interview Andy and he is in the barbershop telling Floyd a story about catching an "hornery old carp". As the lady walks in, Andy is in the middle of telling about tremendous tussle he had with old Carp, but in the end, he wore him out, but not before bashing him the head with the blunt side of an axe and throwing him over a limb on a rope.

Of course, the lady reporter, with no clue he was talking about fishing, gasps and runs out of the barbershop in horror.

A lady reporter for USA Today is not an opinion I would value much in this discussion. Your problem is that lady has a platform and a multitude of ignorant readers who believe everything she writes.

Who?***

Nov 24, 2020, 2:37 PM

Nov 24, 2020, 3:24 PM

I’ve said it before- never underestimate how much many in the media despise Dabo for his open Christianity. Add the fact that, while he takes the virus seriously, he has not succumbed to the media driven hysteria surrounding the virus and you get an article like this. If Dabo doesn’t care what FSU thinks you can be quite sure he doesn’t care what some hack writer at USA Today thinks.

Exactly!

Nov 24, 2020, 3:29 PM

A wise man once stated, “Don’t worry about criticism from people that you wouldn’t seek advice from.”

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic