Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson fans have to feel good about the Gary recruitment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 5,223

Clemson fans have to feel good about the Gary recruitment

Jan 29, 2016, 11:32 AM

Whether we decides to come to Clemson or not. He could have chosen Bama for his final visit but he chose Clemson. The mom seems to be involved the way you would always HOPE mom would be involved...looking out for the best interests of her son. Rashan hasn't turned it into a circus. Our main competition is Michigan, a huge, proud program that has been working hard with Rashan for a long time and has a head coach that would probably kill a drifter if it helped him get a player he wanted.

Nothing more to say to say, I don't think. We have excellent academics, and just as importantly we have a great infrastructure for setting up student-athletes to succeed with a coaching staff that has a PROVEN track record of academic excellence with their players. We have a well-known family atmosphere and culture that is held above W's and L's, with ACTUAL family 20 minutes down the road. We have a proven track record of getting players into the NFL. We have a proven, stable coaching staff, with a head coach that needed to add an annex to his office to hold all his coaching awards this year, a defensive coordinator that has had the #1 defense in the country and won defensive coach of the year. We have an offense that won't make the defense win the game for us. We were within a score of winning the national championship and are predicted to be back there next year (based on being preseason #1).

No doubt Michigan has the fan base and the 110k seat stadium. They have the tradition, and they have a great academic reputation. They also have a coach that may be certifiably insane, and has proven that he considers these players to be pawns to take or leave as is needed to advance his agenda. No doubt the #1 recruit in the country isn't too concerned about getting dropped, but I wonder how that plays with his mother? She knows what they go through during the recruitment process. I wonder how she feels about that.

Anyway, interesting stuff and maybe it's all hype, but I'll be watching on NSD to see what Gary says. I don't follow recruiting until the last few weeks heading up to NSD, so maybe I've mischaracterized a few things. You have to like having Dabo and Venebles as the last staff Rashan meets with before communication is shut down.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Clemson fans have to feel good about the Gary recruitment

Jan 29, 2016, 11:34 AM

Great post.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nailed it.

Jan 29, 2016, 11:36 AM

Clemson got what they wanted. They wanted the last visit and executed it to perfection.

Last visit Rashan came no one was even in Clemson. He's about to see a whole new place and is about to be blown away. Will it be enough? I think it will be but we'll have a much better idea after the official.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Nailed it.

Jan 29, 2016, 11:45 AM

He's got to be loving the weather this weekend too compared to shoveling snow in Michigan

Jan 29, 2016, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Nailed it. ]

It always does me good to be refreshed with your optimism Tiger. Every other posts I've seen in the last week says "I think he goes to Michigan but..."

Thanks for that. Upstate NY is already gloomy enough lol.

Jan 29, 2016, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Nailed it. ]

Tiger, when will he arrive for his OV?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2016, 11:50 AM

He's already on campus from what I heard

Jan 29, 2016, 11:54 AM

Probably having a private lunch on the 17th green right about now.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

+1...***

Jan 29, 2016, 11:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not only did he chose to visit us over Bama....

Jan 29, 2016, 11:57 AM

But we almost beat Alabama in the natty

I feel all warm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Waitaminute....

Jan 29, 2016, 12:09 PM

I thought we did beat Bama? Theoretically. ..

Should TiGER Fans be at airport with lots of PAW Flags..

Jan 29, 2016, 12:46 PM

Just saying...the #1 Clemson Natty Team got this treatment...with many on overpasses on I-85.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1. I suspect Harbaugh has killed a drifter or two already.

Jan 29, 2016, 12:06 PM

I herd he also likes to dabble with a new form of Voodoo and has been consulting with just a few of the more powerful Wiccan goddesses.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Lulz, killed a drifter.***

Jan 29, 2016, 12:09 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Good post...

Jan 29, 2016, 1:28 PM

with great points! I'm taking the attitude that if Mr. Gary does not choose Clemson after this
visit....well....it's just not meant to happen and we'll all have to live with it. I pray he makes
the right decision to be a Tiger!

Hard to imagine two schools more different ...

Jan 29, 2016, 2:03 PM

... in almost every respect than Michigan and Clemson.

Totally apples & oranges.

It's hard to conceive of a kid honestly being "on the fence" about spending the next 3-4 years at one place or the other.

Could be that Rashan likes apples and Momma likes oranges, I suppose.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson fans have to feel good about the Gary recruitment

Jan 29, 2016, 4:46 PM

You've articulated very well what has become Clemson's philosophy under Dabo. Doing things right, not cutting corners, be a good man and be a good citizen and the result is positive on top of positive.

Good results are a byproduct of good behavior.

Go Tigers!

I lolled at "kill a drifter" , hilarious! ??***

Jan 29, 2016, 5:07 PM

Also warmer weather & we would be the brakes Michigan**

Jan 29, 2016, 8:51 PM

$

Do you speaka the engrish?***

Jan 29, 2016, 8:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Michigan has not had tradition in these kids' lifetimes.***

Jan 29, 2016, 10:05 PM

Replies: 20
| visibility 5,223
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic