Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NIT opinion
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

NIT opinion

Mar 18, 2019, 4:47 PM

I hope we win it all as a tiger fan but it really doesn’t mean anything with 4 senior starters.

So saying that my opinion is we should let all the young players get big minutes and let’s start to see what we have next year (I know this won’t happen but it’s a thought)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As competitive athletes I'm sure the seniors want to win

Mar 18, 2019, 4:51 PM

Re: As competitive athletes I'm sure the seniors want to win

Mar 18, 2019, 4:53 PM

I’m not saying bench the seniors just saying they play less and the young guys play more... I just think it could be beneficial towards next year in a way

Brownell should have his players play to win the game(s)***

Mar 18, 2019, 4:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The possible benefits of an NIT bid are lost with 4 senior

Mar 18, 2019, 5:05 PM

starters. It's just a chance to watch our Tigers play another game. I would like to see Coach Brownell go to his bench a bit more than he did this year. Maybe that was on the bench players, but too many games we got worn down because our seniors were playing so many minutes and Coach wouldn't put the backups in. We just haven't gotten much playing time for our returning players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The possible benefits of an NIT bid are lost with 4 senior

Mar 18, 2019, 5:12 PM

I would love to see Brownell go to refs A$$ over bad calls, they won't stop being so quick on the whistle with our guys until Brownell grows a pair!!! They would keep their whistles hanging more if they realize that Brownell will let them know that they're not calling the game the same on both ends of the court!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only problem with that approach is....

Mar 18, 2019, 5:11 PM

they will be done Tuesday night.
Whatever next year will be....will be found out once the current group of seniors leaves.
But the reality is that Trapp, White, Newman, Tyson and of course Simms have played plenty of minutes this year. I mean, White is out there a bunch because of ET’s foul trouble. Maybe Jemison could get a look. But they all need to get better in the off-season...we don’t need extra NIT minutes to tell us that.
If you doubled all their minutes tomorrow....the NIT would be over in a hurry for us.
Best to let this team figure out how they want the season to end. They can either extend the season by playing decently or they can tank it this week. We’ll find out tomorrow, I guess.
I do think they have fought hard from an effort perspective...but just did not put it together from a basketball perspective this season. I tend to think they can win these first two in Littlejohn and then maybe that will propel them to finish well.

Re: NIT opinion

Mar 18, 2019, 6:27 PM

Like most tourneys at seasons end, the NIT is one and done so it probably will benefit the team if we play well enough to win a few games. Perhaps coach B.B. should play next years players the entire game, but I doubt that he will do that. In fact, I’m anxious to see just how he does mix up the lineup in these games. NIT is something to really look forward to for me.But I’m a weirdo who has this unbelievable passion for Clemson University. GO TIGERS. Beat everybody

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic