Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NIKE and the folly of protest
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,406

NIKE and the folly of protest

Sep 5, 2018, 3:12 AM

I'm not in support of players taking a knee in protest during the national anthem. I for one feel as if the anthem is a time of reverence to our flag, our nation, and the reflection of those who achieved greatness under the banner. However, I also feel that our protest of NIKE is misplaced. If you're
disturbed by Colin Kaepernick's affiliation with Nike I can certainly understand your view. After all, I share the same view. However, that's not the real problem here. Nobody seemed to be bothered by the fact that our players wear gear made by children in sweat shops so that NIKE can maximize their profits through modern day slavery. What's more is that they're now attempting to affiliate themselves with a man who allegedly champions civil rights for others. I just find it sort of hypocritical and nonsensical when you really look at it. I haven't worn a NIKE product since they decided to move factory operations to Mexico and Asia. At least ADDIAS and REEBOK is made right here in South Carolina. There's a factory here and while all of their products aren't made in the US, some of them are at least made here.

The bottom line is this. If Colin cared about human rights and basic civil rights he would distance himself from NIKE and others alike. Instead he acts as if he's won some moral victory. It's down right pathetic.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: NIKE and the folly of protest

Sep 5, 2018, 4:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2018, 5:36 AM

He definitely cares.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/1/31/16956016/colin-kaepernick-donations-full-list-of-organizations-one-million-dollars

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2018, 5:50 AM

He definitely has made money off of striving to divide our Country. He has donated a small portion of it. Many of us have ancestors that were the equivalent of slaves. They could have dwelled in self pity, but they did not. They worked and earned money to come to the US to have a better life. They came here worked and started families. They educated their children so they would have a better life. Some of us entered military service like myself. I have never forgotten how my grandmother got put out of the house as a young child in Europe. I have always prayed she is in heaven at peace. We need to work to unite us regardless of race, religion or political party.

Message was edited by: pmm10414®

Sep 5, 2018, 7:39 AM

Where did you donate your million dollars?

Sep 5, 2018, 8:14 AM

None of your business.

Sep 5, 2018, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: NIKE and the folly of protest ]

Where did you donate your million dollars?

CLEMSON UNIVERSITY, LIMESTONE UNIVERSITY, and MANY OTHER SCHOOLS. Done all through The Fullerton Foundation which sends thousands of underprivilege students to college every year on grants and scholarships.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Sep 5, 2018, 7:45 AM [ in reply to Re: NIKE and the folly of protest ]

Yeah my relatives came to the US and worked hard as well, but that doesn't really have anything to do with this situation. The snowflakes that are angry divided it. They are making a big deal about nothing. Also, donating a million dollars after taxes is impressive and not just a small amount to donate, even for him. He cares and is giving back. Colin is impressive what he has done in that regard and he isn't dwelling self pity from the interviews I have seen. That guy has worked hard as well. He graduated HS with a 4.0 and worked hard to make it to the NFL. He graduated the University of Nevada with a business degree. He has taken a lot of heat for his stance when he could have been playing making millions. He believes in something, even it isn't what we would do. He isn't taking the easy route.

Sep 5, 2018, 7:18 AM [ in reply to Re: NIKE and the folly of protest ]

Here is one of the groups he supports:

THE GATHERING FOR JUSTICE IS A 501(C)(3) ORGANIZATION FOUNDED IN 2005 BY HARRY BELAFONTE AFTER HE WITNESSED A NEWS REPORT OF A 5 YEAR OLD BLACK GIRL BEING HANDCUFFED AND ARRESTED IN HER FLORIDA CLASSROOM FOR “BEING UNRULY”. THE GATHERING’S MISSION IS TO BUILD A MOVEMENT TO END CHILD INCARCERATION WHILE WORKING TO ELIMINATE THE RACIAL INEQUITIES IN THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM THAT ENLIVEN MASS INCARCERATIO

Sep 5, 2018, 5:40 AM

Agree. Sold my stock and will not buy their products any more.

Sep 5, 2018, 7:39 AM

Buy high. Sell low. Great move.

Sep 5, 2018, 8:11 AM

No I bought low and sold much higher. You know not what you talk about.

Sep 5, 2018, 7:37 AM

You know who (I refuse to mention his name) is simply a pawn on the game board. He is being championed as a social justice warrior. Allow me to more clearly identify him by the definition of the radical left. A USEFUL IDIOT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2018, 8:50 AM

If nothing else, it's a stupid tag line...

Hitler believed in something.

Charlie Manson believed in something.

Jim Jones believed in something.

The Confederacy believed in something.

Stalin believed in something.

Mao believed in something.

Karl Marx believed in something.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,406
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic