Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Venables says his defense has a belief that "they are going to find a way"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

TNET: Venables says his defense has a belief that "they are going to find a way"

Jan 2, 2020, 8:01 AM

Venables says his defense has a belief that "they are going to find a way"

Following Clemson’s thrilling victory over Ohio St. in the Fiesta Bowl, the media lined up inside the Tiger locker room waiting to talk to defensive coordinator Brent Venables. The media would have to wait.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Jan 2, 2020, 8:11 AM

In Brent we trust!

Re: GO TIGERS!!

Jan 2, 2020, 8:24 AM

For sure. I'm waiting for the video of BV dancing!

Re: TNET: Venables says his defense has a belief that "they are going to find a way"

Jan 2, 2020, 8:15 AM

Never heard him use the term 'sickening' when watching another teams offense.

Re: TNET: Venables says his defense has a belief that "they are going to find a way"

Jan 2, 2020, 8:26 AM

I would guess that Coach O is sickened when he sees our D. It will be a good match up.

Jan 2, 2020, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Venables says his defense has a belief that "they are going to find a way" ]

Yeah he knows it's gonna be tough to stop them. Just got to allow them one point less than us.

True enough. It gives me more confidence! :)

Jan 2, 2020, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Venables says his defense has a belief that "they are going to find a way" ]

Brent already scouted out something everyone else doesn't know. :)

Jan 2, 2020, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Venables says his defense has a belief that "they are going to find a way" ]

Man don't you know it. Put yourself in his shoes when you first time sit down and look at what you have to gameplan against coming up next. Almost overwhelming.......almost.

Jan 2, 2020, 10:48 AM

That's a scary thought for LSU. That tells me that Brent sees something in their offense that he can exploit. It was much like the first OSU game when everyone was talking about their offense, and both Dabo and Brent said a couple years later that they knew the Tigers would win big just looking at the film.

Say what you want, but one more thing LSU can't prepare for is Clemson's coaches' awesome ability to dissect an opponent and find advantages. I have felt for a couple months now that LSU provides a more favorable matchup than OSU. I still feel that way. If I were an LSU fan, I'd be worried reading between the lines of this statement Coach Venables made here. I may be wrong, but this appears to be the Clemson coaching staff humbly saying that they have LSU's number going in. Given what they did to almighty Alabama last year...yikes! And it's clear just how much the players trust their coaches and can execute their plan.

Jan 2, 2020, 11:06 AM
venables2.jpg(89.7 K)

I'm thinking this game will be another """SLOBBERKNOCKER"""

Jan 2, 2020, 11:32 AM

That there has to be an old pic of BV bc he doesn't have one of those ugly Nike caps on his head!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Venables says his defense has a belief that "they are going to find a way" ]

I'm thinking more GOBSMACKED.

Jan 2, 2020, 11:41 AM

Venables is best. Period. Go Tigers!!

NEXT SEASON IS GOING TO BE NASTY

Jan 2, 2020, 11:42 AM

Next season Clemson will have the likes of Bresee and a few other big bodies up front with a very deep, experienced and talented back seven. Clemson can go back to a 4-3 set and play press coverage. Clemson will shut down opposing offenses completely.

On the offensive side of the ball, Clemson will have an offensive line that will be young, but very talented and seasoned. Trevor will have many weapons to include a nasty RB that can rip off big runs. Then you add in the likes of the WR and TE corps. Man O' Man if Clemson manages to pull off a win against LSU, you can go ahead and pencil Clemson in for 45 or 60 wins straight. Should that happen, it would be the longest winning streak in the history of collegiate football. Currently, Oklahoma owns the record at 47.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: NEXT SEASON IS GOING TO BE NASTY

Jan 2, 2020, 12:01 PM

In American college football the longest NCAA Division I winning streak is held by the University of Oklahoma Sooners, who won 47 consecutive games between 1953 and 1957. Currently the longest active winning streak in the FBS is held by the Clemson Tigers at 29 wins.

From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_NCAA_Division_I_football_winning_streaks

Jan 2, 2020, 12:55 PM [ in reply to NEXT SEASON IS GOING TO BE NASTY ]

Just imagine DK year 2 as a db... Hate we’re losing Simmons, but it’s “next man up”

Jan 2, 2020, 1:24 PM [ in reply to NEXT SEASON IS GOING TO BE NASTY ]

I think our defense will be solid yet again but our offense is going to take a slight step back. We lose almost all our starting ol next year and Cade steward will be the highest tenured player...let that sink in.

Jan 2, 2020, 9:03 PM

True of the youth next season, but it will be our most talented across the OL ever....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 3:52 PM [ in reply to NEXT SEASON IS GOING TO BE NASTY ]

We'll likely lose 3 of our back 4 (Terrell, Muse, and K'von), and will also lose Simmons and Chad Smith from the LB position. So our "very deep, experienced and talented back seven" will likely only have 2 returning starters (Skalski and DK).

We do have a ton of young talent there, and some of them have a good bit of experience (Nolan Turner, Jake Venebles, Mike Jones, Spector), but it's going to be interesting to see how we reload on the back 7.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2020, 2:41 AM

In Brent Venables we must trust, he hasn't failed us since he came to be a Clemson Tiger!!!

Jan 2, 2020, 12:29 PM

I hope Brent Venables knows how much Clemson loves him , appreciates him and wants him to stay here until Clemson has more National Championships than anyone .
Hey , Dabo always says to dream big .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 2, 2020, 1:04 PM

Dan Rad & Clemson Prez need to figure out a way to get Coach V to stay long term

Jan 2, 2020, 1:17 PM

https://twitter.com/chipperooh/status/1212793786557964288?s=21 WR Jefferson doesn’t see how any defense can stop them. He could be right. Play the game.

Jan 2, 2020, 1:21 PM

The Ohio State game was painful till the last 4 minutes of the first half. But Alabama was unstoppable in the first qtr as well. I think our offense needs to start fast this time.

Jan 3, 2020, 7:44 AM

This is going to be a war. #### glad we got Brent Venables as our DC, literally not a better one in the game! Go Tigers!!!

If BV told me to run through a brick wall, I'd ask him,

Jan 3, 2020, 8:12 AM

"You want me to hit it high or low?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic