Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NET updated- sitting at #35
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

NET updated- sitting at #35

Mar 14, 2019, 8:48 AM

Nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cue it up now

Mar 14, 2019, 8:50 AM

Half of the people on here will now convince themselves we’re going to sneak into the tournament only to be extra disappointed on Sunday

Re: Cue it up now

Mar 14, 2019, 9:22 AM

I will be shocked if we get in

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I personally think our chances are 50/50

Mar 14, 2019, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Cue it up now ]

Not 0% like the majority of the board or 10% like the experts. We really only have 1 bad metric. This is a new era in selection and based on experts like Lunardi you can tell they are all over the board with the criteria they are trying to use. My guess is the experts will have the lowest hit rate in a decade - they had it figured out and now they are starting over.

We are in

Mar 14, 2019, 9:26 AM

NIT baby, it's our tourney. We have more NIT appearances that any other ACC team and more than Duke and Carolina Combined. 2 Time Runner Up!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I personally think our chances are 50/50

Mar 14, 2019, 9:30 AM [ in reply to I personally think our chances are 50/50 ]

I’m somewhere between 0 and 10% and have written it off so it’s a pleasant surprise on the off chance we get in. And even then it’s going to be a trip to Dayton (very cool arena BTW).

I understand what you’re saying about the “experts” and how the NET rankings are an unknown in terms of how much the committee will value them, I just believe that the committee has eyes and sees, like me, that this isn’t a tournament team. They’ve had many chances to play their way in this year and just couldn’t get it done.

Clemson is far more competitive and a much

Mar 14, 2019, 9:49 AM

Better Defensive team than most of these teams on the bubble. They have the ability to go deeper and present more problems than most of them. I watch a lot of basketball not just Clemson. I can certainly see them being left out and agree if they are in then it’s likely Dayton but too many on this board don’t watch other teams at all and seem to be too emotionally swayed by the plethora of close losses by 1-2 points or their disdain for Brad to look around at the competition. You get Thomas out from under the ACC officials and it changes the whole dynamic of the team.

I also watch a lot of basketball

Mar 14, 2019, 10:22 AM

Due to a minor gambling habit and the bubble this year is wider than recent memory and kind of resembles college football where there are really only a handful of elite teams, a huge chunk in the middle that is pretty homegenous and not a lot of separation, then there are a lot of bad. Personally, if I’m on the committee and there are teams that are pretty even on the bubble, I’m going with the team that scores more as that will be more entertaining.

For example, NC state might’ve won yesterday but they don’t look like a tournament team either. It’s a very soft middle this year so if there are a couple people on the committee that are advocating for us, it could happen but I’m not holding my breath.

“Sitting” being the key word. That’s not a good thing

Mar 14, 2019, 10:00 AM

on the Thursday of your conference tournament.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NET updated- sitting at #35

Mar 14, 2019, 10:25 AM

Hopefully net is their deciding factor over quad 1 wins.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic