Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs UGAy game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Clemson vs UGAy game

Jun 23, 2013, 4:19 PM

I see the game going one of two ways. The game will be a shoot out with Aaron Murray playing well. If UGA wins it will be this way.

If Aaron Murray plays like he has in a lot of big road games it could get ugly for uga. UGA has been known to start the year off slow. If Murray turns the ball over early it will be like the UGA USuC game.
If UGA wants to win they can't let Clemson get a 2 score lead.

Go Tigers and spay and neuter your pets!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

who is bob barker ?

Jun 23, 2013, 4:25 PM

i see it more like a.m. plays decent and clemson wins by 10 +. i'm on the bandwagon,solos.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1. Not a bandwagon, tho. This is "The Pasedena Campaign"***

Jun 23, 2013, 4:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson vs UGAy game

Jun 23, 2013, 7:14 PM

So our running game will not be a factor? ok.

We held Jeremy hill to ONE yard in the 4th

Jun 23, 2013, 9:45 PM

ONE.

Seeing as how Murray isn't half the quarterback Tajh is, and he gets shaken up by looking at pictures of the other team (Murray literally said Clowney gave him nightmares 2 days before the USuC game... really???!!), stopping the run won't be too hard. With our seasoned, fast, and very dynamic secondary, UGAy losing their 2 best WRs, Murray will not be given the opportunities he was given last year. Outside of a short play action game, Murray's passing game will be drastically less potent then it was last year. The dawgs will be forced to run and try to control the clock. Gurley is really the backbone of the offense at this point. We stop Gurley, UGAy looses.

Re: We held Jeremy hill to ONE yard in the 4th

Jun 24, 2013, 2:41 PM

Based on stats alone Murray is just as good a QB as Boyd. I would also assume that Clowney gives everyone nightmares....including Boyd evidenced by his losing record vesus the GC's. UGA returns plenty of receivers, our offense must replace only 9 tds(1 player) while Clemson's "O" must replace 35 (4 skilled positions). Exactly what to you base your reasoning on that Murray will be less opportunistic? Less potent? The fact is we will run the ball because we want to....because we can. One thing's certain the Clemson defense will not ditate what we will do on offense. Oh and good luck with Gurley......and Marshall.

Jun 23, 2013, 7:37 PM

I agree with a lot of this post. An early turnover (like Murray is prone to do) could be our death knell. I'm not so sure getting 2 scores behind would do it though. Yall's running backs are an afterthought. Boyd will scramble and get some yards but I see our defense causing some 3 and outs based on the level of play I expect from our linebackers. As long as we stay close (like USCjr did) we can lean on our ground game to get us back into the game.

One of the biggest factors to our game will be how well

Jun 23, 2013, 7:41 PM

Hot Rod runs the ball. I think he is being completely overlooked and I like it that way.

He was averaging around 16 yards a carry against USuC until the coaches inexplicably went away from the run.

Re: One of the biggest factors to our game will be how well

Jun 23, 2013, 7:49 PM

I'll admit that I've overlooked him. He seems like a decent enough scat backs. But I said your backs were an afterthought because yall just dont seem to use them much. In the recent games I've seen it's almost a surprise when the back gets the ball instead of Boyd keeping it. I think you'll get some yards from Boyd but I really dont see McDowell as having much impact. Our linebackers are just too rangy.

NE1 that thinks this is an easy win is drunk off of kool-aid

Jun 23, 2013, 8:22 PM

All of our recent loses have been to ranked teams. We beat LSU by 1 point in the last few seconds. It's going to be a great game and I expect to win, but we have to be realistic though. This will be anything but an easy opener. The only bright spot I see is that we get Georgia early. They're known for slow starts the last couple of years.

Re: NE1 that thinks this is an easy win is drunk off of kool-aid

Jun 24, 2013, 2:44 PM

Let's give credit where it's due....those slow starts you're taliking about were against ranked oppenents.

Re: NE1 that thinks this is an easy win is drunk off of kool-aid

Jun 24, 2013, 9:49 PM

CU has not seen anybody like Gurley yet. And AM is good enough to hang 300 yards on an average D. Stopping UGA is going to be a tall order that I do not think CU can do. The only way CU wins this one is to out score UGA.

You don't think Gurley is comparable to Lattimore?

Jun 24, 2013, 10:00 PM

I understand he didn't play against us last season but the season before, he was a non-factor. Our D should be much improved over two season with Venables at the helm.

To say we haven't faced anyone like Gurley is laughable...

Jun 24, 2013, 9:11 PM

I don't think a passing attack should be our main concern.
I think that is what Richt, Murray, and the UGAy leghumpers want everyone to believe. Advertise Murray as an "elite" passer and play him up as the best arm in college football and you may be able to hype opposing teams into concentrating on Murray's passing so much, they forget about Gurley.

I think too many of us are forgetting that Gurley is a mean running back. If I recall correctly he was close to busting a few of Walker's school records this past season.
Murray also lost 2 of his best receivers, and he has proven that his only real passing ability is to throw to the inside receiver on a vertical route. Plug the center field with a zoned linebacker and zoned safeties with the corner backs playing man coverage, and UGAy will be forced to run.
Force stops on Gurley, and we win.

It won't be an easy stomping shut out victory, it will be a tough game. But, if Clemson (especially defense) plays fast, physical, and consistently, we WILL win.

Jun 25, 2013, 9:36 PM

love how all you guys put emphasis on murray but never talk about gurley, marshall, mitchell lol...so many potent weapons

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic