Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ND Fans - rude and bitter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

ND Fans - rude and bitter

Dec 30, 2018, 8:52 AM

My wife and I were minding our own business cheering for the tigers during the game yesterday. My wife’s favorite player is Etienne, so when he scores his long TD run she was obviously very excited. A ND fan in front of us (dad who had 2 kids with him) turned around and looks at us disgustingly and muttered under his breath that we were classless to cheer like that since our team is up so much. I didn’t respond to him and just let it go.

A few minutes later when Clemson got the turnover that the officials wouldn’t review because of forward progress- I was talking to my wife about how ridiculous of a call it was. The ND fan turns around again and says to me “shut up you are winning by 20+.” Again I never engaged and was simply talking to my wife. I told him to be a good sport and that we were going to cheer for our team regardless of the score.

Finally when Clemson went for it on 4th and 1 late in the game the ND fan was irate. A few plays later when we fumbled the ball he turns around, looks at me and says “that’s what you get for going for it on fourth and one.” I finally had enough and told him that I don’t make the play calls so not sure why he’s upset with me. He said “you’re winning by 27 points why would you go for it?” I responded “welcome to big boy football.” He turned around, gathered his belongings, and left about 2 mins later.

Horrible sportsmanship and horrible example to his two young kids. We did nothing but cheer for our team and this guy flew off the handle.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep but remember they hady Rudy, Gipp aka Ronald Reagan & 8 Natties going back to Genesis!

Dec 30, 2018, 9:03 AM

Haaa!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bad sample, I thought the ND fans were nice and complimentary

Dec 30, 2018, 9:03 AM

Too bad you had to sit by this trash

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had the same experience you did***

Dec 30, 2018, 9:44 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ND Fans - rude and bitter

Dec 30, 2018, 9:05 AM

On going for it on 4th and 1, I always thought it was more unsportsmanlike to attempt the meaningless field goal.

We ran the ball up the middle.

Dec 30, 2018, 10:22 AM

Wrap up ETN and get the ball back.

Putting Justyn back in to get the hat trick td on one good leg would have been more unsportsmanlike. And I totally think he could DW4’d it.

~JKB

Dec 30, 2018, 9:06 AM

This is why I hesitate to go to the game. I'm not as nice a guy as you are, and I would have had some issues with him. Maybe cut him a little slack since his kids were with him, but the fuse would have been short after the first confrontation. He drew a line in the sand when that happened IMO. If he crossed it again, he would not get back over it. I'm just glad I'm old and more tolerant of fools/holes.

Dec 30, 2018, 9:16 AM

I am a former Marine and I don’t always handle those situations the ‘best’. He would have only made one comment to me like that and then he would have been afraid to look over his shoulder after the first one.

Message was edited by: Lexguy2003

Dec 30, 2018, 9:13 AM

probably pi$$ed off he dropped big bucks on tickets when he should have known what to expect...

Dec 30, 2018, 9:33 AM

Exactly. One of the ND fans behind me said “don’t worry about that guy he’s just pissed he paid $1,000 for tickets to see his team get stomped.” Haha.

Dec 30, 2018, 9:15 AM

Agreed, N.D. fans are a bunch of jerks. They hired ole Lou. Takes an ### to hire Lou.

Dec 30, 2018, 9:18 AM

A football beat down wouldn't of been the only thing he received if he talked to my wife like that

all their fans around us were bad

Dec 30, 2018, 9:19 AM

Cussing the entire time. One guy yelled F You clemson the entire game.

Most classless bunch I have been around. Not the most annoying but the most classless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: all their fans around us were bad

Dec 30, 2018, 9:38 AM

Worse than Dawgs and Coots?

Dec 30, 2018, 9:20 AM

Every team has rude fans, us included. Reading Tnet proves some of our fans aren’t especially classy. But the majority of our fans and likely many of theirs are great people. Just have to forgive people who are showing bad behavior and don’t sink to their level. And keep cheering for the Tigers anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 9:20 AM

They are so unbelievably arrogant they actually think other teams should feel honored to play them Trying to score when the game is won hurts their pride and shouldn't be done because..well THEY are NOTRE DAME! I can't stand ND. I wish we had beat them 56-3

Dec 30, 2018, 9:41 AM

Every fan base has its jerks. I was at the game when Clemson defeated them when DF was at Clemson. They are arrogant. It’s written all over their faces. They don’t like mingling with peasants. They have an inflated ego, they are NOT who they think they are.

have to agree with moneymike. I came across a bunch of very nice ND fans.

Dec 30, 2018, 9:44 AM

After the game most of them were complimentary. In fact, the most annoying person in our section I hate to admit was a drunk Clemson fan. Now I would agree the domers aren’t southern so probably don’t have the hospitality and maybe worse language on average. But just to show a different perspective there were a lot of friendly domers around.

Great ND fans everywhere

Dec 30, 2018, 9:48 AM

Worst fan wad a drunk Clemson fan wearing a cowboy hat in section 304. Obnoxious the whole game. Acted like a gamecock fan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All for one and one for all.

because the 3rd string needs practice***

Dec 30, 2018, 10:03 AM

Dec 30, 2018, 10:09 AM

Not sure why you didn’t jaw back some. I look forward to talking smack with opposing fans, even more so if their panties are in a bunch

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 10:25 AM

Oh trust me I wanted to jaw back but my wife keeps me in check sometimes haha. In this case the guy had 2 young kids with him so I was trying to be above board.

Dec 30, 2018, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: ND Fans - rude and bitter ]

ecsguru® said:

Not sure why you didn’t jaw back some. I look forward to talking smack with opposing fans, even more so if their panties are in a bunch

Not a word from the ND fans on our flight out of DFW this morning. Not a word....Go Togers!

I would have kicked the FG, build Huegles confidence

Dec 30, 2018, 10:24 AM

But that WOULD have been running up score.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic