Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCAA sued over rule barring felons
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,041

NCAA sued over rule barring felons

Feb 14, 2013, 5:34 AM

Updated: February 13, 2013, 11:00 PM ET Associated Press
http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=8946205&type=story

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A nonprofit group sued the NCAA on Wednesday over a new

Feb 14, 2013, 7:02 AM

policy that bars felons from coaching NCAA-sanctioned events. Claims that the new rule violates the Civil Rights Act and disproportionately affects minority coaches.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So let me make sure I have the current PC terms down right

Feb 14, 2013, 7:10 AM

Saying: "Some minorities are more athletic naturally than caucasians" = bad/racist

Saying: "We can't keep felons from coaching.... how will all the minorities find a job?" = ok/progressive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So let me make sure I have the current PC terms down right

Feb 14, 2013, 7:49 AM

Makes you wonder how we got to this point, doesn't it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Re: So let me make sure I have the current PC terms down right

Feb 14, 2013, 8:10 AM

I have bo oriblen with the new rule but that coach should be grabd fathered in

Re: NCAA sued over rule barring felons

Feb 14, 2013, 8:19 AM

1Ti 1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
1Ti 1:7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.
1Ti 1:8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
1Ti 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
1Ti 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
1Ti 1:11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.
1Ti 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
1Ti 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
1Ti 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
1Ti 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. (Give the man a job,or keep throwing stones. Im sure a lot of people are on this list.) If he has shown remorse from his past and a lifestyle of repentance,should he another chance.)

Welcome to the United States of the Offended...

Feb 14, 2013, 9:23 AM

where being held accountable for ones actions is not only racist, but tantamount to cruel and unusual punishment.

Wow...just wow !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,041
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic