Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCAA can only blame themselves
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,506

NCAA can only blame themselves

Jan 3, 2019, 4:11 PM

I've never understood why the NCAA doesn't decide the national championship location AFTER the teams have been decided to make it the most fair for both teams geographically to get there, not to mention just playing it in a dome so weather isn't a factor either.

We've got NFL domed stadiums in Atlanta, Detroit, New Orleans, Minneapolis, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Phoenix, and soon to be Las Vegas & Los Angeles. Instead of having the game on a Monday have it on a Saturday like 99% of the games normally are at the location most equidistant for the teams. Then have that NFL team's game that week be on Monday Night Football should they have a home game that week. There is not reason why you should be able to get a ticket to the National Championship cheaper than you can get a Clemson vs. USC ticket....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCAA can only blame themselves

Jan 3, 2019, 4:18 PM

It's the 1st round of the playoffs in the NFL this weekend, so they wouldn't schedule an MNF game. Games at 4:30 and 8 on Saturday and 1 and 4:30 on Sunday, so that's why they have the NCG on Monday. Now what I can't understand is why they don't just get together with the NFL and have an agreement to move the Saturday games to 1 and 4:30 and have the NCG that night.

Re: The NCAA has no power to decide venue.

Jan 3, 2019, 4:36 PM

The bowl agreement with the playoff system did that. If I'm not mistaken both rounds of the PO rotate around the country to give everyone a shot at going to a game without traveling 2500 miles.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 4:45 PM

Do you realize how much planning goes into these events? This stuff is set up years in advance. A city can’t put on a championship game like this on 10 days notice. If you want every year to be a massive cluster, your plan is how you achieve that.

I agree that this site is dumb (SF not TNet) but a more logical scenario would be to just have the title games in central and eastern time zones. Rotate it between Atlanta, Dallas, Miami, Tampa, and maybe sprinkle in an LA, Indy, Pasadena to keep the PAC 12 and B1G satisfied enough.

Just told a friend this morning that the College

Jan 3, 2019, 4:47 PM

World Series are held in Omaha, and I thought the College Football Title game should be geographically located in a domed stadium, say in Dallas or New Orleans.

And I agree, the darn thing should be on a Saturday night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 4:55 PM

There is absolutely no way this could work. Venue availability, an entire city's planning, hotel accommodations, security considerations, logistics, planned events, rented out spaces, tailgate parties, traffic considerations, signage, ticket sales, practice facilities...how on earth would that all get done in a week?

Jan 3, 2019, 4:58 PM

NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME THE THINGS THAT PEOPLE TYPE FOR THE WHOLE WORLD TO SEE. THAT IS WHY YOU GOT TO LOVE THE MOT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,506
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic