Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sadly we have the worst
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Sadly we have the worst

Oct 29, 2019, 1:24 PM

null

Message was edited by: GodtigersGOP

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NC State is the uof5c of the ACC...

Oct 29, 2019, 1:29 PM

Low rent, trashy and classless.

From a fan base standpoint, UGa is the leader in the clubhouse and it's not really close. Without question or exception, the most vile and repugnant fan base I have ever encountered.

I will give UGa fans credit for one thing; they don't discriminate. They seem to hate everyone equally.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: NC State is the uof5c of the ACC...

Oct 29, 2019, 1:34 PM

N.C. state was my #2 but who are they a rival to. I guess u.n.c. in football and u.n.c and Duke in basketball.

East Carolina ***

Oct 29, 2019, 1:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: East Carolina ***

Oct 29, 2019, 1:40 PM

Lol

Oct 29, 2019, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: NC State is the uof5c of the ACC... ]

you forgot louisville....

NC State normal rival is hope. Each time they have hope, they get slapped down HARD.

NCSU has an enormous inferiority complex

Oct 29, 2019, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: NC State is the uof5c of the ACC... ]

because the team they want to claim as an archrival constantly treats them as #2 to Duke. Even in football I still don't think UNC considers them THE football archrival. It's pretty funny to watch in person, actually.

The only team that wants NCSU as an archrival is East Carolina, which NCSU wants no part of--partially because ECU beats them with enough frequency to make it embarrassing.

The constant relegation to second-best nags at them at a deep psychological level.

Oct 29, 2019, 2:19 PM [ in reply to NC State is the uof5c of the ACC... ]

Funny never had a problem with UGA fans. SCAR and NCSU by far the worst I have encountered.

Oct 29, 2019, 3:37 PM

Live in south Georgia for any length of time and you'll have a new appreciation for the hate I have for UGA.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sadly we have the worst

Oct 29, 2019, 1:32 PM

I think they're probably #1 in being delusional, but they probably aren't #1 in being trashy IMO. They do have their share of trashy fans, but I've heard multiple fanbases complain about going to Georgia, being cursed at before, during, and after the game, and then finding windows busted out of their cars or something similar.

I also remember reading many of our fans saying they'd never go back to Maryland after having batteries and other items thrown at them in the stands. I know the South Carolina fans have been known recently to throw things on the field, but I haven't heard any stories of throwing things at other fans for simply minding their own business.

I also can't forget the video at Penn State years ago of an Ohio State couple(man and woman) walking through a tailgate area. The Penn State fans started chanting "F Ohio" over and over(except of course they were saying the entire word and not just the letter F) and they surrounded the couple. At least one Penn State fan ran up and threw an entire cup of beer directly in the face of the male fan while the rest of the crowd cheered. I know that is one example, but I can't unsee that, and have to figure that a culture there breeded the idea that something like that was acceptable behavior.

Maryland was bad, but they are a Big 10 problem now

Oct 29, 2019, 1:37 PM

Bye terps

Maryland was bad...

Oct 29, 2019, 1:48 PM

but IMO that was largely the result of a bunch of Redskin and Raven fans jumping on the Maryland bandwagon when they were a much better program.

I've been to College Park several times over the years and only had a couple of bad experiences. One was the battery throwing incident and the other was a an undisciplined kid with a bunch mouthy drunk adults who were trying to start a fight.

Re: Maryland was bad...

Oct 29, 2019, 4:06 PM

So you didn't have the urinating on tires experiences?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 29, 2019, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Sadly we have the worst ]

FOhio is a word? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

uga***

Oct 29, 2019, 1:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: uga***

Oct 29, 2019, 1:44 PM

Miami would be bad.

Re: uga-worst I ever experienced but it was years ago

Oct 29, 2019, 1:55 PM [ in reply to uga*** ]

and it was the trestle crew o. I should say f lowlifes. since they didnt actually buy tickets they may not count or be able to count

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll go with NC State.***

Oct 29, 2019, 1:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

University of North Dakota

Oct 29, 2019, 2:08 PM

I’m not kidding. Arrogant about their hockey program that nobody cares about. Refuses to let go of their Sioux nickname that has been dead for a decade.

Oct 29, 2019, 2:16 PM

Having only been to Atlanta, Raleigh, Chestnut Hill, Tallahassee and Miami, I don’t have a large sample selection to evaluate from; however the fans I encountered at these stadiums/tailgates were friendly and cordial.

I have, however, never wanted to attend a game at Williams-Brice based on second hand accounts of vandalism, etc., not to mention seeing the crap in/from their stands as shown on TV.

I also believe a small percentage of bad actors can negatively influence perceptions of the larger population, and that this misperception can be applied in all walks of life. Therefore, I try not to judge too harshly.

Just my $.02.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Oct 29, 2019, 2:24 PM

I have a feeling some who encounter problems at some of these places are probably acting and asking for it. LOL.

Oct 29, 2019, 2:36 PM

Years ago when we were playing Georgia in Athens several Tiger fans in our area were becoming obnoxious.
I finally told them, "you must be Georgia fans dressed in orange, Tiger fans don't act like that". I received no balk talk and they toned down their remarks and actions.

But for "home town fans", Georgia and South Carolina were the worst and I made a point never to go back.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You talk about trashy rivals and y'all want to add WVU? They

Oct 29, 2019, 2:41 PM

are just drunker coots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You talk about trashy rivals and y'all want to add WVU? They

Oct 29, 2019, 3:47 PM

Yes, WVU is trashy (they burn sofas, don't they?) and, until we exact revenge for that Orange Bowl beat down, they are a rival in my mind.

Oct 29, 2019, 3:45 PM

OSU with UofSC, UGA, and Maryland nipping at their heels.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 29, 2019, 4:03 PM

From my experiences the coots are the worst and I really do not have a 2nd place team. Based on what I have read it would likely be Maryland but I never went to a game there. Been to Florida State, Miami, Va Tech, Ga Tech, Louisville, BC, Wake, NC State, Virginia, and UGA over the years and never really had a problem on any trip. Had some comments thrown our way at UGA but nothing too bad.

Now, I have been to UGA as a Clemson fan where as I mentioned I did not have a bad experience. On the other hand, I went to UGA with some of my extended family that are coots and that was a whole different ballgame. I wore a black sweatshirt and Under Armor hat because no way was I putting on any coot crap, but no way was I brave enough to wear my Clemson colors to that game. I would have been a bright light in a dark world that night.

The UGA fans and coots were jawing at each other all over the place. Seems like it started on both sides and never stopped. Started during the tailgating and carried over into the stands. Then the coots won the game so water bottles were getting thrown at the coot fans as they left the stadium yelling, and the beer started raining down outside the stadium.

Terrible experience and one I have never participated in since. I was trying to be a good brother/cousin and thought I was going to die.

I tend to believe the visiting team fans get treated in the manner they treat the same fans when they visit their stadium. From my experience Clemson fans tend to be fairly respectful of the home fans where we visit, and I have seen the hospitality returned in the stadiums we have visited over the years with the exception of Willie B. where my wife absolutely refuses to go back to even though the last time we went there was the 63-17 demolition. She had some of the rudest crudest things yelled at her from the disgusting tailgate areas. I realize that there are some bad Clemson fans out there that cause problems, but it seems like it is in the DNA of every coot fan.

Oct 29, 2019, 4:12 PM

You've had better experiences than many. I've experienced all on my list in person, plus all of the ACC except Louisville, Syracuse, Pitt, and BC.

--Henry David Thoreau

There is no second. They're so bad that the next teams

Oct 29, 2019, 4:13 PM

comes in at 23.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic