Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: Top 5 ACC teams after spring practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,923

TNET: WATCH: Top 5 ACC teams after spring practice

Apr 30, 2018, 6:14 PM

WATCH: Top 5 ACC teams after spring practice

Obviously, Clemson is one of the top five teams in the ACC after spring practice. However, there are the four other teams to watch out for that might have a dec Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NC State?

May 1, 2018, 8:20 AM

Per Bill Connolly they are 112th out of 130 FBS teams in returning production.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/1/31/16950222/2018-ncaa-football-returning-starters-experience

That's not surprising considering they lost their top 2 play makers (Samuels and Hines), their best offensive lineman (a really good tackle that left early for the NFL), and 8 starters off their defense (including their entire DL and 6 of the front 7).

That team returns Ryan Finley and basically nothing else. It's not like they recruit well enough to just reload with new talent either. Their recruiting rankings the last 4 years (per Rivals) were 34-53-43-35. And i wouldn't exactly call Dave Doeren a coaching genius.

I'd put my money on Fuente and VT way before Doeren and NC State next year.

Re: NC State?

May 1, 2018, 8:31 AM

Thanks for the info. Was thinking the same thing. Almost want to say that for Florida State too. I watched the NFL draft and there were like 4 or 5 guys off the florida st. defense who got drafted so while they have better depth it isn't that good and they are replacing the only good thing they had last year.

Guess it is pretty slim pickings for other ACC teams too since there isn't a ton of talent on the Coastal side it seems.

Bring 'em on.

May 1, 2018, 8:31 AM

All of 'em.

Re: TNET: WATCH: Top 5 ACC teams after spring practice

May 1, 2018, 8:48 AM

The wolf puppies have had the same qb since the year 2000 (Finley), by all reason they should have had multiple titles. Oh wait they were cheated out of their best chance! Remember the lap top accusations by the dork Doeren.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC Atlantic #1, #3, #4, and #5

May 1, 2018, 9:50 AM

but I don't really think that ranking is all that accurate (except the #1 slot).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,923
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic