Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NASCAR attendance has fallen way off. It shows each week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

NASCAR attendance has fallen way off. It shows each week

Sep 8, 2019, 3:29 PM

and this week at Indianapolis is awful! Is and always will be a southern sport.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NASCAR attendance has fallen way off. It shows each week

Sep 8, 2019, 3:34 PM

Do they still have nascar races?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hahaha...LMAO***

Sep 8, 2019, 3:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 3:38 PM

What is the problem with NASCAR - Myfav ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Sep 8, 2019, 3:41 PM

Losing its popularity.

Yep. That expansion of tracks and ticket prices was going to

Sep 8, 2019, 3:45 PM

be hard to maintain. It’s a pretty expensive weekend hobby.

Not too much different from Clemson football nowadays...lol.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: NASCAR attendance has fallen way off. It shows each week ]

Yeah it is myfav. Imo they did great joining up with country music but I feel they went over the top and got political and peeps got turned off. The old south doesn't identify with the new drivers and techno stuff. Jmho.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because the powers that be have ruined it. ***

Sep 8, 2019, 3:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Sep 8, 2019, 3:44 PM

Thankfully Darlington is not like that

They really gave Darlington new life

Sep 8, 2019, 3:56 PM

Re: They really gave Darlington new life

Sep 8, 2019, 3:59 PM

Jr. was no different. He wasn’t a driver who had a ton of personality like his dad and the drivers he raced against.

Sep 8, 2019, 4:11 PM

Sep 8, 2019, 4:20 PM

I like Jr. He handled the fame from his last name well. You look at a guy like Kyle Petty who nobody could stand and it makes you appreciate Jr. even more. He just never was more than average driver.

Sep 8, 2019, 4:43 PM

Was there last Sunda. Pretty much sold out. Would love

Sep 8, 2019, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: NASCAR attendance has fallen way off. It shows each week ]

to see them bring Rockingham back.

Sep 8, 2019, 3:49 PM

If it ain't broke you don't fix it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 3:52 PM

I always enjoy NASCAR until football season rolls around. Couldn’t care less about it now.

Attendance in most sports is way off

Sep 8, 2019, 4:01 PM

Baseball at a low, and look at the nfl games today. Home openers in front of 1/4 empty stadiums. Home experience much better and cheaper

What's nascar?***

Sep 8, 2019, 4:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate that bug on your screen!!!!

Sep 8, 2019, 4:23 PM

;)

Re: I hate that bug on YOUR screen!!!!***

Sep 8, 2019, 4:55 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 4:24 PM

Honestly I think the sport has just advanced too much. The drivers are too good so they avoid wrecks and the cars are perfect.

If they would use the restrictor plate more it would make for better racing. Most tracks the leader just leaves the field. If it was like Daytona and Talladega every week people would love it.

The "Car of Tomorrow" ruined NASCAR

Sep 8, 2019, 4:38 PM

My Dad and I have been going to Darlington for 20+ years and I noticed a marked decline in the excitement after they standardized the cars. Now all it takes is for a guy to get out front and they almost certainly will not be caught. Green flag lead changes are rare, especially towards the back half of the race. I don't really follow the sport at other tracks, but that's just my impression from many years of watching this one race. Still a fun event though.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bring back the great drivers

Sep 8, 2019, 4:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 4:58 PM

If I wanted to watch rednecks run around in circles, drink beer while wearing cutoff shorts and screw drunk women in the parking lot I would pay $6 for a ticket to a Usuck game and have at it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stoopid format

Sep 8, 2019, 5:04 PM

Stage races suck

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 5:05 PM

Let rednecks race Camaro ZL1s, Hellcats and Mustangs at the traditional Southern tracks.
Fixed.

So simple.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemmer.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 5:06 PM

True stock? Then that would be interesting

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 5:11 PM

Loved Talledega in the late 80s when I saw Davey Allison win it. They've lost some huge names tragically

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 7:43 PM

I went to a lot of races. Davey Allison was my driver. When he died, so did Nascar to me

Sep 8, 2019, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Re: NASCAR attendance has fallen way off. It shows each week ]

I went to a lot of races. Davey Allison was my driver. When he died, so did Nascar to me

Sep 8, 2019, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: NASCAR attendance has fallen way off. It shows each week ]

Davey and Allen Kulwiki were my dad's during that time.

Sep 8, 2019, 5:44 PM

I wouldn't use Indy as a gauge for that, they have a seating capacity of 235,000+ not including the infield, that track is never anywhere near full except for the Indy 500.

Other races this year have been very well attended, better than in recent years in my opinion. Darlington was full last week, but that only holds ~45,000 so you can see where the perception can differ.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, when you alienate your fan base it generally doesn't

Sep 8, 2019, 5:55 PM

go too well.

Ask the NFL.

They lost me for 2 reasons

Sep 8, 2019, 7:22 PM

1. Car of tomorrow. Was supposed to be stock car racing. Should resemble something you can buy at a dealer;it’s not.

2. Moving races to national racetracks, lost the their soul. All drivers are corporate douches now.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They ruined NASCAR when......

Sep 8, 2019, 7:30 PM

they:
- started using the current generic car instead of the real looking Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc. cars.
- moved some races out of the South instead of having multiple races at each Southern race track like in the past.
- having Yankee and other drivers instead of good old boy Southern drivers like in the old days.

NASCAR lost its connection with its main fan base because of these things.

Sep 8, 2019, 8:02 PM

Yeah it sucks now.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic