Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Southern Conference.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

The Southern Conference.

May 21, 2013, 9:35 PM

I guess they have the balls to stand up to the NAACP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Southern Conference.

May 21, 2013, 9:53 PM

what did they do? I guess I'm ignorant on this one

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their conference tournament is in Greenville.***

May 21, 2013, 10:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Southern Conference.- So does the ACC

May 21, 2013, 10:39 PM

it is just being used as an excuse to keep events out of SC that could benefit the state and Clemson. Very transparent by Swoff. another reason to dislike him

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NAACP's boycott is an excuse that John Swofford

May 21, 2013, 10:47 PM

uses to get ACC tournments in North Carolina for his beloved tarholes.

It was "unfair" when the ACC baseball tournment was held in Greenville -- too close to Clemson.

So Mr. Swofford says, "Hey, let's make it fair for all and play it in unc's backyard."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Myrtle Beach

May 22, 2013, 7:04 AM

It was set to go to Myrtle Beach, which would be perfect, not too near any school, plenty of great hotels, restaurants, shops, golf, beach, etc, but Swoffy bent to the ridiculous boycott.

Yet, you hear nothing about the Socon who have their tourney in Greenville and sometimes Charleston.

Re: Myrtle Beach

May 22, 2013, 7:17 AM

It is coming to the new ballpark in Charlotte. I am hearing 2015.

Yes the one they are biulding for a team fomerly located in

May 22, 2013, 1:09 PM

South Carolina.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

What's crazy is

May 22, 2013, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Myrtle Beach ]

the local chapter of the NAACP had approved the tournament in MB, but the national organization (located in Greenville I think) overruled them.

Recently, there was a good thread on TNet, regarding

May 22, 2013, 7:45 AM

this issue with the overwhelming majority of responders protesting the ACC's stance. While the action by the NAACP is understandable, facts point toward a lack of general agreement within the organization about the boycott.

What we do have to realize is the elimination of post-season play within South Carolina deprives our state of positive publicity as well as income derived from such activity, transferring it elsewhere, most notably to North Carolina. The ACC has made a statement supporting the NAACP's action. Yet, the boycott is sporadic and not evenly enforced.

The punishment of our state and, particularly, of Clemson has long passed its positive effect. Therefore, I believe the Clemson BOT and administration assisted by our Governor and Attorney General (if necessary) should issue a strongly-worded statement to the ACC denouncing the ongoing action, demand its immediate termination and threatening legal action (should such be applicable.)

To me as a 50-year follower and supporter of Clemson and a lifelong resident of South Carolina, the ACC's action is a continuation of the same effete elitism by Tobacco Road and its minions that I have witnessed. It will continue until Clemson begins strongly asserting its positions within the conference.

Lawsuit

May 22, 2013, 8:07 AM

The SC Hospitality Association who represent hotels and restaurants should sue the NAACP for discrimination and restraint of trade in this state.

I personally believe the "Flag" should be in a history museum, but that is only IMHO.

I qualified my statement, simply because I don't have a

May 22, 2013, 8:16 AM

JD and don't know what, if any, legal action could be pursued. The main problem to me involves a principle of fairness and equity by the ACC, given the fragmentation of the boycott. Either you have 100 percent participation and enforcement...or you should have none. The latter should itself prompt the NAACP to halt the action, thereby giving the ACC an out. Short of that, I maintain that the ACC took a stand of support, and now should move on the side of fairness and equity by changing its ruling...period.

LOL..."fairness and equity by the ACC"...lol

May 22, 2013, 8:58 AM

The next time that happens will be the first time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

How would the NAACP legally be liable for that?

May 22, 2013, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Lawsuit ]

What have they done that is discrimination under the US Constitution, since I assume your lawsuit would be in federal court? Restraint of trade would be an interesting argument, it would be tough as normally it's an anti-trust claim, but I guess it's possible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^already putting that law degree to work

May 22, 2013, 8:39 AM

Way to go
 photo 1292223254212-dumpfm-mario-Obamaclap_zps3b737754.gif

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I can't wait to sue tnet for defamation***

May 22, 2013, 8:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Don't forget "libel" and "invasion of privacy".***

May 22, 2013, 8:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

And my personal favorite, Intentional Infliction of

May 22, 2013, 8:55 AM

Emotional Distress. This of course is caused by the barrage of insulting tmails sent to me on a weekly basis.

Discrimination

May 22, 2013, 10:38 AM

South Carolina people, businesses, and more are being discriminated against by the NAACP issuing a boycott. It is not a particular venue, hotel etc. fault that the "Flag" flies.

Those particularly impacted should sue the State and the NAACP.

Somewhat iffy, definitely scary. I wondering if I should be

May 22, 2013, 7:01 PM [ in reply to ^^^already putting that law degree to work ]

shaking in my shoes....

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic