Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Frye boots. Anybody got a pair?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 462

Frye boots. Anybody got a pair?

Feb 26, 2016, 10:01 PM

Just wondering if they're worth the money? The ones I'm looking at list for $398 but I found them on sale somewhere else. Hoping they'll last and are recraftable for the money they want.

Any info on Allen Edmonds boots?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My wife does.

Feb 26, 2016, 10:05 PM

I bough them last year for her birthday.

I've seen her wear them about 5 or 6 times. She said they are too hard to put on and take off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My wife does.

Feb 26, 2016, 10:07 PM

I've been wearing boots almost daily for close to 30 years. Nothing is more of a pain than lacing jump boots every day. Did she say how they feel? Doubt I'll put these on more than twice a week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

her's are non lace-ups.

Feb 26, 2016, 10:41 PM

As i remember they are about 4"-6" below the knee, have a zip up back and have a couple snap straps at the bottom.

They are just like her best friends boots, because I figured if she liked them (she said she did), she'd like these. With women, its always a competition.

I have a couple pair, love Frye shoes/boots

Feb 26, 2016, 10:42 PM

I'm a boot guy, and have/had many pairs of various brands. Frye is one of my favorites.

I have a pair of James distressed wingtips:

VERY rugged - and supple. Man, they feel good on my feet. Wear them to work a bunch in the wintertime.

Also have a pair of Rogan Alpines:

Haven't worn these that much because they are my "snow/ice" boots and that don't happen much in SC. Also very comfortable (I like the distressed look, can you tell?)

I also have a pair of Frye Sully boat shoes, which are probably the best-built boat shoes I've ever worn. I get most of my shoes/boots from Zappos/6pm.com. Wait for sales and you can get them 60-70% off. Frye is one of their feature brands.

Re: I have a couple pair, love Frye shoes/boots

Feb 26, 2016, 11:32 PM

Love the wingtips, something about the classic style. I'm getting the Phillip Lug Wingtip Chukka. Found them on sale for about $167. Also looking at a boot from Allen Edmonds if I can find it on sale somewhere. I don't mind paying full price for well crafted, long lasting boots if I'll wear them all the time but I can't see it with weekend boots.

I sat through the ND and GT games with a pair of low cut import Danner's and my feet stayed completely dry. Had a 2 pairs of recraftable Danner's in the military that saved my ### from frozen, wet feet on more than one occasion but paid a pretty penny for both. When they burned in the fire one pair was about 10 years old, the other closer to 20 and neither needed to be recrafted. Now they just need to be replaced.

Sometimes you confuse the #### outta me***

Feb 26, 2016, 11:47 PM [ in reply to I have a couple pair, love Frye shoes/boots ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

comfortable quality shoes are one of the secrets

Feb 27, 2016, 11:04 AM

to a happy and contented life. Take care of them dogs.

Also, a good pair of sunglasses.

Replies: 7
| visibility 462
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic