Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My thoughts on Kelly Bryant going forward....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,651

My thoughts on Kelly Bryant going forward....

Sep 25, 2018, 7:30 PM

The future for Kelly Bryant could go 1 of 3 ways.

1) Kelly Bryant plays situational ball. We could possibly let Trevor Lawrence get the team down the field and when we get into the red zone, maybe we bring in KB to either throw or run in the same series. Not out of the question? Who knows. This could be a plus because that gives the opposing teams defensive coordinators something else to think long and hard about. Will he throw it or run it? Will he just play decoy and hand the ball off? He's already displayed that he is more than adequate enough to be dangerous given a short field.

2) Kelly Bryant plays a slash position. Again, will he line up at QB. Will he go out and line up at WR and catch a screen pass and play the match up game. He's shown the ability to be elusive in space and quick enough to outrun and out muscle smaller defenders. I think this could be a definite possibility if Dabo and KB have made the decision to try and develop him at another position at the next level. To me, It's just another way of helping a young man try to realize his dreams that has been loyal to the program.

3) Kelly Bryant never plays another down for Clemson and red shirt. Maybe he's decided that he wants to go to another program where he has a shot to play full time as that teams's QB. Does Arkansas sound like a possibility next year?

But all in all, I could be way off. I do believe though that we should get a good indication of which of these 3 scenarios comes to fruition on Saturday.

Y'all let me know what you think. Am i crazy? Remember know, If it's one thing i have learned in my time that Dabo has been our coach it's that he's crafty and rarely shows all his cards at once. He plays chess while others play checkers. Just think about it...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My thoughts on Kelly Bryant going forward....

Sep 25, 2018, 7:38 PM

I’m sure Dabo left him with many options and it’s up to Kelly to decide how he would proceed. That maybe the reason he gave him a day off to think about his future.

No matter how they use him, he can and will help us win!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Sep 25, 2018, 7:43 PM

A "Slash Position" will get Him
To the Pros.
He never was Pro. QB
material!

Sep 25, 2018, 7:44 PM

1- Nope, KB is not going to pass you in to the end zone with a compacted field . Our RB can carry the ball in well enough.
2- Nope, way too much talent at WR to have some 1/2 butted attempt to pacify him. His best shot at the NFL was to move positions in January, now it is just too late at the College level at Clemson.
3-Please stop with the He could start at a majority of P5 teams, it just is not true at all. He is just too limited in the passing game. Even Chad needs a QB to toss the ball downfield to makle his offense work.

Sep 25, 2018, 8:02 PM

Missing the point. A QB that can run into the end zone adds another potential ball carrier the D has to account for. It is in no way the same as a RB taking the ball.

Sep 25, 2018, 8:06 PM

No I did not, see where I said the RB we have can carry it in , especially since the o-line knows who is gonna get the ball and where the hole needs to be? That is what you saw with GT, the o-line knew where to make a hole and darned if the RB did not gain big yards. Our O-line is good but were hamstrung by the QB keeping it so much that the push was not there. You want long wind up KB throwing the ball in a compact field in the red zone? Not me, I want a quick release and velocity.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,651
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic