Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Six Former Tigers to Attend NFL Combine
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,211

Feb 15, 2010, 2:44 PM

Six seniors from the 2009 Clemson football team will attend the NFL Combine in Indianapolis, IN Feb. 27 to March 2. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Six Former Tigers to Attend NFL Combine - no Austin??

Feb 15, 2010, 2:55 PM

Anyone know why? I though he was fairly highly regarded for the NFL. What happened?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or Palmer?

Feb 15, 2010, 4:36 PM

I really want to know what the knock is on Michael Palmer. He seemed to do everything pretty well here the last 4 years. Would like to see the scouting take on him.
And yes, Austin was a projected early-rounder before last season. Kiper even had him as the #1 center in the draft. Don't know what happened there, either.

My thoughts exactly. Why no Austin or Palmer?

Feb 15, 2010, 6:16 PM

OK. Palmer I can kinda understand since (depsite his value to Clemson) isn't necessarilly a protypical NFL guy. But I also thought Austin was ranked highly and I expected him to get drafted in the middle rounds. I hope they all end up in the NFL.

Re: My thoughts exactly. Why no Austin or Palmer?

Feb 15, 2010, 8:04 PM

Palmer isn't prototypical based on what the new NFL trend for TEs is. Plus look at his stats, and tell me you see something jawdropping. He didn't even catch 15 balls till this season. You're going to need numbers to jump off the board and be a high pick, but let's be honest. Did anyone seriously think that he would get picked before the 6th or 7th round? Look where Davis got picked and look at his track record. All this said, if some team that still runs a real offense, not this spread crap, picks him up late or after the draft, they'll discover they got a steal. He's one of those guys that doesn't do anything amazing, but does everything well.

Re: My thoughts exactly. Why no Austin or Palmer?

Feb 15, 2010, 8:10 PM

As for Austin, I have no idea. Seems like he's been highly regarded as one of the ACCs top lineman every year he's played. He was rated as the top center in the draft before 2009, but it's not like he sucked it up at guard and fell off the map. Somebody will pick him up unless injuries have completely scared teams away.

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,211
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic