Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My thoughts after the first 2 games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,408

My thoughts after the first 2 games

Dec 1, 2020, 10:46 AM

Man this team is going to be a lot of fun to watch. The main difference that we have this year as compared to any other Brad Brownell team is functional depth. We have 9 people on the team that can go off on any given night. I know it's early, but I am even more optimistic than I was at the beginning of the season. LMAO at the idiots that wanted Brownell fired before he had the chance to coach his most talented team ever. (probably the most talented team of the last 25 years)

Honor - He has been a pleasant surprise. he's lightning quick, and a natural scorer. He is also a great on the ball defender. Sets with him and Dawes in at the same time are going to be really fun to watch. What a great pick up he was

Baehre - I knew he had talent, but what I didn't realize is how quickly he can get down the court and how good he is handling the ball. He is a very solid option coming off of the bench. I can see a lot of sets w/ him and Amir on the court at the same time.

Hall - Has he missed a mid range jumper yet? He is big and strong and has a good inside presence. He also has great touch with his shooting. He seems unphased even when guarded. He hit a mid range jumper with the 7-4 guy in his face in the last game

Big Man Depth - How nice is it that Amir can get into foul trouble and it's not an automatic loss? Long gone are the days where if our starting center got into foul trouble, we were going to lose. Our back ups aren't Sidy Djitte (I liked him as a senior), Katelin Baciu, or Ibrahim Djambo. We have 3 big men that can come off the bench and provide good minutes. This is huge.

3 Point Shooting - Our 3 point shooting should be greatly improved this year. Literally everyone on our team that plays significant minutes can hit a 3.

Combination of youth and experience - We have the ultimate leader on our team w/ Amir Simms. We also have Trapp, Newman, and Hunter Tyson that can provide solid leadership. Also, with us being inexperienced, the minutes our freshman got last year will prove to be very valuable. I feel like we have the perfect mix of veterans and newcomers.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My thoughts after the first 2 games

Dec 1, 2020, 12:31 PM

Hemengway is also a quality player and 3 shooter. In the early games, BB has experimented with a lot of different lineups thus far and I think he is trying to see who is best in certain situations. I don’t have any stats but I believe the foul shooting is very good too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 12:36 PM

Brad today also mentioned how playing a lot of quality depth vs. a certain amount of players to get in a rhythm is a give in take, but think this group will be a lot better by playing so many guys. Watch here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8hMoKIuA9go

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 12:36 PM

We are still going to have 5 minute scoring droughts.

If the pressure doesn't work, and there's a good chance it won't work against the talented teams with any depth, we may get blown out.

I think we'll be competitive and finish higher than expected in the ACC standings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 12:56 PM

We still have had droughts, but it’s easy to see how much better our offense is this year than last year.

Also, it’s early in the season so I think scoring issues are to be expected. I really don’t think scoring will be much of an issue this year.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,408
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic