Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thinking is Bama has best receivers (Juedy maybe being best in Nation) but Dabo said..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Thinking is Bama has best receivers (Juedy maybe being best in Nation) but Dabo said..

May 28, 2019, 11:14 AM

he thought Ross might have been the best overall receiver at end of season.

What do you see or think about which team really has the "bigger number" of super receivers on their team?

I think Clemson surely is in Top 5, if not way better.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Top 5? There is NOT a better group of receivers in the

May 28, 2019, 11:16 AM

country. There just isn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Point, but it would mean a heck of a lot more...

May 28, 2019, 11:50 AM

if you actually knew anything about American Gridiron...

coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know we've got Tee Higgins, Justyn Ross, Amari Rodgers

May 28, 2019, 11:57 AM

Frank Ladson, Joseph Ngata, Diondre Overton, Cornell Powell, et alia.

Name a better group, I'll wait...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Ok, so you've been peeking over @davidhood's shoulder...

May 28, 2019, 12:05 PM

again, but that doesn't mean you know the nuances of this great game.

No, you're destined for and best served with bad basketball among the rest of the Fighting Brownlees.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't get me started on the Brownlees. I'm

May 28, 2019, 12:35 PM

in a dark place with Clemson basketball.

Re: Ok, so you've been peeking over @davidhood's shoulder...

May 28, 2019, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Ok, so you've been peeking over @davidhood's shoulder... ]

Are you dumb all the time or just when talking Clemson sports

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, people that are dumb all the time are angry...

May 28, 2019, 3:55 PM

like you.

I'll type slower in the future so you can keep up.

Are you suggesting that fencesitter is being a hypocrite?***

May 28, 2019, 4:37 PM

Since you asked, yes, but I'm not sure fencesitter is acute

May 28, 2019, 4:45 PM

enough to know better, so can we really hold his involuntary, knee jerk response against him?

I guess that depends on whether fencesitter

May 28, 2019, 4:56 PM

wears velcro shoes or if he ties his own laces. That's usually a good initial test for acuity.

Hopefully velcro; if a lace came untied he'd be preoccuppied...

May 28, 2019, 5:07 PM

and likely forget to look both ways before crossing the street. Nothing good could come of that.

Re: I guess that depends on whether fencesitter

May 28, 2019, 10:29 PM [ in reply to I guess that depends on whether fencesitter ]

You guys are throwing a great clemson fan under the bus ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, discussing the greater good after fencesitter's...

May 28, 2019, 10:55 PM

heinous, wanton attack. I thought it clear the genuine concern towards a fellow Tiger.

Re: I know we've got Tee Higgins, Justyn Ross, Amari Rodgers

May 28, 2019, 12:10 PM [ in reply to I know we've got Tee Higgins, Justyn Ross, Amari Rodgers ]

Frank Ladson, Joseph Ngata,.... neither of these two have played a down of football outside of scrimmages, but I guess you know something we do not. Right now Tee Higgins and Justin Ross are our known commodities. Overton would start for wake Forrest and Virginia, and many other white meat programs.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2019, 12:16 PM

White Meat programs? Racists much?

Coach Howard routinely called UVA White Meat

May 28, 2019, 2:00 PM

It was not a racist comment. White meat is less tough than dark meat. It just is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

are you retarded?***

May 28, 2019, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I know we've got Tee Higgins, Justyn Ross, Amari Rodgers ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2019, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I know we've got Tee Higgins, Justyn Ross, Amari Rodgers ]

May 28, 2019, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I know we've got Tee Higgins, Justyn Ross, Amari Rodgers ]

May 28, 2019, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: I know we've got Tee Higgins, Justyn Ross, Amari Rodgers ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

May 28, 2019, 12:32 PM

are you calling Frank Howard a Racist, I think you just did.

You don't think Amari Rodgers is a known commodity?

May 28, 2019, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I know we've got Tee Higgins, Justyn Ross, Amari Rodgers ]

Also, are there any 2 receivers on another team better than Higgins and Ross?

Re: You don't think Amari Rodgers is a known commodity?

May 29, 2019, 5:08 AM

nope

I just don't see it

May 28, 2019, 11:27 AM

Until someone can stop Higgins or Ross in a 1 on 1 situation, Clemson is #1.

The only reason Clemson does not have a clear #3 right now is Renfrow was to reliable to be beat out by the talent behind him and Rodgers went down with an injury.

We are currently cross training a 5* WR at DB because we have so much depth.

Jeudy and Waddle are great but the nation saw who had the most dominant receivers in the NCG.

null

My thoughts

May 28, 2019, 11:42 AM

I think the best explanation I have seen comparing our WRs to Bama's is that all of Bama's WRs are the same guy.

Sure their guys are super talented but if you have DBs that match-up well against 6' 190 pound WRs then you have their whole group covered.

Sure we have superstars that can do it all at the top of our WR group but we also have options to win specific match-ups.

We have the jumpball guy in Overton who can exploit a match-up with a small corner.

We have Rodgers who can catch it quick and run like a RB with the ball (I know he is hurt right now).

We have Powell and maybe Kendrick who are utility type WRs in the mold of the Bama guys who bring a different element to try to win a match-up.

Both groups have super talented individuals who are pretty close in comparison but when it comes to putting 4 or 5 guys on the field at the same time that are hard to cover, we have the most options to try to beat a real defense.

Re: My thoughts

May 28, 2019, 11:57 AM

Clemson has #1 receiving corp in large part b/c we have The Quarterback.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^this^^^^^^^***

May 28, 2019, 7:29 PM

Not sure bout this thought

May 28, 2019, 11:52 AM

Gotta think that even little Nicky himself would trade his'en for our'en after the NC game.

Don't sit on TJ Chase

May 28, 2019, 12:07 PM

I think the window has opened for him to shine at the slot. Even Dabo himself mentioned Chase a couple times around Spring game. I think between Chase and Powell, we are going to be fine at that position. Powell was getting pretty jacked up so I think he will break some of those tackles that would get Renfrow.

Don't sit on TJ Chase

May 28, 2019, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Not sure bout this thought ]

I think the window has opened for him to shine at the slot. Even Dabo himself mentioned Chase a couple times around Spring game. I think between Chase and Powell, we are going to be fine at that position. Powell was getting pretty jacked up so I think he will break some of those tackles that would get Renfrow.

Clemson #1, 'Bama #2

May 28, 2019, 12:10 PM

...everybody else is #3.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson #1, 'Bama #2

May 28, 2019, 4:41 PM

I prefer...

Everybody else is tied for last :)

Re: Clemson #1, 'Bama #2

May 28, 2019, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Clemson #1, 'Bama #2 ]

If you're not #1, you're a #2...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One would have to be a complete idiot to think Alabama has

May 28, 2019, 12:23 PM

a better WR corps than Clemson. These media people are more about creating drama and internet hits than being accurate.

That's nothing...

May 28, 2019, 12:25 PM

Last season bama had the greatest college football team to ever play the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Ranking is fiction. Maybe there are other groups as good,

May 28, 2019, 2:01 PM

but there is no group better than ours.

Re: Bama may have best receiving corps (Juedy maybe being best in Nation) but Dabo said

May 28, 2019, 2:05 PM

We are the best, to Hell with the
rest because the N/C game proved it.
Great Grabs by Ross and Higgins!

Can you imagine what Bama's WRs will do to SCAR DBs???

May 28, 2019, 2:12 PM

you think Virginia tore that secondary up, just wait till Week 3

Best Is The Standard

Is this a trick question, Bill?

May 28, 2019, 2:13 PM

It sure looks like a trick question.

Re: Bama may have best receiving corps (Juedy maybe being best in Nation) but Dabo said

May 28, 2019, 2:20 PM

Unfortunately, Bama does not have any good QB's that can get the ball to Juedy, so there's no real way to tell how good their receivers are. CLEMSON has the 2 BEST QB's in the nation, so it's not really fair to compare Bama's receivers to our guys. It's just not fair I tell ya'. Maybe Tua can up his game and try not to have too many INT's this year. Our D caught more of Tua's passes than some of their receivers.

?? Doesn't have a good QB? Tua struggled against

May 28, 2019, 2:49 PM

Clemson because our defense was better than anything he'd ever seen, in practice or otherwise. But, let's not get carried away. He absolutely lit up other teams throwing the ball last year. Minus the NCG he threw for roughly 70 compl %, 41 TDs, 4 INTs, and 3650 yds...in limited duty because games got out of hand. He had 355 attempts. By comparison, Haskins had 533 and Kyler Murray had 377. Trevor Lawrence, who also split time w/ KB the first 4 games and essentially didn't play at all in the Syracuse game, had 397.

Re: ?? Doesn't have a good QB? Tua struggled against

May 28, 2019, 6:27 PM

Nice info on PA Stat-

The notion that Chase is better than Tua is just ridiculous

May 28, 2019, 6:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Bama may have best receiving corps (Juedy maybe being best in Nation) but Dabo said ]

He's never even started a game.

Oh Good Lord***

May 28, 2019, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Bama may have best receiving corps (Juedy maybe being best in Nation) but Dabo said ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Clemson and Bama are 1-2 and far better than

May 28, 2019, 3:33 PM

everyone else in the country at WR. I think it's very close but I like our guys because Higgins and Ross are both better than anyone they have at making contested catches.

I wouldn't trade WRU's receivers for Bama's

May 28, 2019, 4:32 PM

It's true that Jeudy is up there with the best. But, Justyn Ross...

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: I wouldn't trade WRU's receivers for Bama's

May 28, 2019, 4:38 PM

anyone that would trade our players for their players should not be allowed to ever post again. did you miss that last game. plus who wants people that decided to go elsewhere.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I agreed with you deroberts***

May 30, 2019, 1:14 PM

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Thinking is Bama has best receivers (Juedy maybe being best in Nation) but Dabo said..

May 28, 2019, 10:21 PM

I'll add, our receivers can and will block downfield.

Re: Thinking is Bama has best receivers (Juedy maybe being best in Nation) but Dabo said..

May 28, 2019, 11:02 PM

Tru dat. Sorry Tua.

This group certainly can. I think that's another advantage

May 29, 2019, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Thinking is Bama has best receivers (Juedy maybe being best in Nation) but Dabo said.. ]

of having WRs that run 6-4 210+. We noticeably struggled in that area in 2017 with Cain and McCloud outside.

Re: This group certainly can. I think that's another advantage

May 29, 2019, 1:22 PM

True, but I think a lot of it had to do with the delivery of the pigskin. There were more than a few games I wanted to see Hunter Johnson get a few series in. As for receiving corps, I like not only our starters but our depth across the board over anyone else. Im sure not knocking Jeudy, kid can play and will be a Sunday guy no doubt. But imo a lot of those big plays that made Jeudy and Tua look so good were against sub-par competition imo. Sorry, but Ol Miss, Arky, UT, Citadel and Louisville didnt exactly challenge them. Not saying their schedule is weak, but it's not the SEC West of 5 years ago.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2019, 8:09 PM

My response to Alabama and anyone else who challenges Clemson for the title of WRU is for them to look at who the 2016 and 2018 National Champions are! CLEMSON TIGERS!

Especially last year when Clemson’s WR’s put on a show while giving poor old tired, unfocused, injury riddled after that grueling, most difficult regular season schedule 2018. Did I miss any of Bama’s excuses for getting the butts handed to them last year???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gave up the spirits for LSQ... Dude, you gotta be trippin'.***

May 30, 2019, 10:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic