Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My take on the fumble call
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

My take on the fumble call

Sep 8, 2018, 11:09 PM

It all came down to the call on the field. If it were called fumble out of bounds, I dont think they would have overturned it to out of end zone.

It all comes down to replay rules and having to have definite proof. There was no shot (at least none they showed) that showed you that it definitely was out of bounds or definitely out of end zone. Therefore replay can not overturn the call.

They kept talking about how they think it was out of bounds and it looked like it might be. But that's my point, replay has to have more than that to overturn.

The pylon cam was the best look, and to me it looked to go right over the pylon, but it still didn't show you exactly where the ball was when it crossed over the line.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My take on the fumble call

Sep 8, 2018, 11:14 PM

You are correct.

Sep 8, 2018, 11:15 PM

Freeze frame pylon cam and ball stays just left of centerline of screen. Left from that view is endzone. Maybe rule is if it goes directly over pylon is that same as breaking goal line barrier? Either way, give credit to Jimbo. T A&M gonna be someone to recon with.

Bet they play like crap next week***

Sep 8, 2018, 11:31 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2018, 11:15 PM

A&M ended up scoring anyway . . so in the totality of the game, it's moot. But from the camera on the pylon . .the ball seemed to go right over it. if that is true, the call is correct.

no

Sep 8, 2018, 11:21 PM

if TAMU had scored there, 2 points or no, they likely would've had another shot and at least a FG. That was crucial. Our 4th quarter D was letting TAMU score in 12 seconds

Our play calling and aggressiveness would have changed...

Sep 8, 2018, 11:29 PM

To score before time ran out.

So it woulda been a different scenario. And aTm’s FG unit wasn’t automatic tonight.

~JKB

Sep 8, 2018, 11:16 PM

Ref was right on top of it too

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2018, 11:35 PM

That ball was clearly a fumble on the 1ish yard line it landed so far out of bounds not even close to the end line or sideline. I also agree that by the call on the field was a touchback made it hard to over turn. If it was called a fumble at the 1, I think they would have left it as that as well. But I’m a Tiger so hahahaha it’s a touchback!!! Go Tigers!! Hey fellas let’s get a little more creative then 3 straight QB powers on the crucial 1st down needed. I get ball protection but ####!

The pilon cam showed it was the right call***

Sep 8, 2018, 11:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2018, 11:37 PM

Yes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2018, 11:40 PM

If the ball goes directly over the pylon in possession of an offensive player, it is always called a TD.

So it makes sense that a ball fumbled directly over the pylon and out of bounds should be called the same way. And it was.

Good call.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2018, 11:40 PM

And for anyone that says ACC refs helped Clemson, the replay officials were SEC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Sep 8, 2018, 11:48 PM

That ball went out of bounds, but there was no clear view of that happening on replays, and officials aren't allowed to use a combination of 3 different views and logic to overturn a play. I agree with not overturning the call on the field, but the call on the field was awful. If you're faced with a questionable call that could decide the game, you should always make the call that extends the game, and let replay sort it out if necessary. Luckily for A&M, they still got another shot because our lifeless offense couldn't pick up a single first down to win the game. Lot of work to do after tonight.

Sep 9, 2018, 12:01 AM

It all evens out. Mond's record passing was certainly helped by the blind refs not seeing holding by several of aTm's linemen.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic