Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My take on Monday night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

My take on Monday night

Jan 2, 2019, 10:06 PM

Last years game the defense held Bama to 24 points. I really think this years defense rivals last years with a chip on their shoulder and revenge on the brain. We just couldn’t score, we had a one dimensional QB that was a zero threat under pressure passing. Most of us knew this before the game and couldn’t accept it. I think TL gets it done and even with a dirty hit and they knock him out I believe CB is twice the QB that KB2 ever could be.
Tigers 38 Bama 27

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My take on Monday night

Jan 2, 2019, 10:07 PM

Wrong. Defense held them to 17. Offense gave up a pick six.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 10:08 PM

True, even more so

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: My take on Monday night ]

There was another 'pick' that got it close to a score, also. Bama did not roam the full field with the defense last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 10:08 PM

Not saying Clemson can’t win the game but Bama’s offense is an entirely different animal this season

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 10:09 PM

It’s why I gave them 27 this year

Jan 2, 2019, 11:54 PM [ in reply to Re: My take on Monday night ]

I think UGA showed the blueprint for beating Tua. You put pressure on him and get in lots of hits. Tua loses confidence and rushes throws. Our defense has the players to put him in a world of pain.

Jan 3, 2019, 12:41 AM

Deanster® said:

I think UGA showed the blueprint for beating Tua. You put pressure on him and get in lots of hits. Tua loses confidence and rushes throws. Our defense has the players to put him in a world of pain.

In all fairness he was a bit lame at that point between the knee and ankle. Clemons D is FAR better than OUs, but a healthy Tua threw for 10/10 against all blitzes Saturday night. That includes each TD thrown.

Message was edited by: Tattooguy21®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 1:06 AM

Ok cool.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 3, 2019, 1:13 AM

Ok cool.

Ok cool.

You forgot, "hook'em horns." ??

Jan 2, 2019, 10:09 PM

Stopping a Hurts offense is not equal to a Tua offense. Same significance in going from KB to TL.

Jan 2, 2019, 10:12 PM

Did Tua start the LSU and Miss St games?

Jan 2, 2019, 10:24 PM

I love our chances, but Tua was very much hurt against LSU and Miss St. He seems to have healed.

Jan 2, 2019, 10:27 PM

I was under the impression he got hurt in the 4th Quarter of the SECCG. I think this defense can hold them to 27. I hope I’m not wrong

Jan 2, 2019, 11:47 PM

He hurt his knee during the season and clearly wasn’t as mobile and couldn’t push off that leg very well. He then hurt his ankle during the SECCG. I

Jan 2, 2019, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Re: My take on Monday night ]

Tua’s Knee was a huge storyline throughout the latter half of the season. Every week, he and Saban had to assure the media that the knee was ok to go that week. People even assumed he would sit out the Citadel game and Saban got really pissed by that notion, as though Citadek didn’t matter. I thought this was commonly known, but I guess I just watched a lot of college football this season.

Jan 2, 2019, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Re: My take on Monday night ]

I may get blasted , but I think we can hold them below 20 points .
Will we ? Not sure , but if our defense is clicking they can certainly limit Bama's opportunities .

#aintskeert

DB23

Jan 3, 2019, 12:12 AM

If you are right I will be glad to be wrong

I think 30-35 but I'd love to see your prediction come true

Jan 3, 2019, 1:09 AM [ in reply to Re: My take on Monday night ]

They scored 30-40 on us with Hurst

I hope we can shut their run game down and the right guard doesn't get to play because I don't think Dex will.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 12:39 AM [ in reply to Re: My take on Monday night ]

I was under the impression he got hurt in the 4th Quarter of the SECCG. I think this defense can hold them to 27. I hope I’m not wrong

His knee was injured sometime in October. I know it was at least by the 2nd Saturday against Arkansas because there was an article the following weekend how it was re-aggravated vs Tennessee. He busted his ankle in the first series of the SEC CG and it completely handicapped his run/spin moves. A replay shows him trying to step off once and that leg just becoming rubber.

Jan 2, 2019, 10:11 PM

Clemson by 17 points but it will feel like 30. We'll empty the bench. Our defense will frustrate their offense so badly Hurts will be swapped in and out so the Saban can beech at the two QBs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately their offense is a LOT better this year.

Jan 2, 2019, 10:12 PM

Luckily our is TOO.

Jan 3, 2019, 12:33 AM

I think we most definitely have to hold them under 30 to win. I don’t believe we can beat them in a shootout . I’m going with 27-17 Tigers
If Bama gets rolling scores in the 40s which they won’t , we get blown out.

Jan 3, 2019, 1:06 AM

Nope won’t happen but Trevor can hang in for a shout-out if he has to do it, but he won’t need to because our defense has been ready for this game since last year!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jan 3, 2019, 8:07 AM

My take on Monday night is; score just one more point and nothing else matters.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic