Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My son is a Citadel Knob so it pains me to say this ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

My son is a Citadel Knob so it pains me to say this ...

Nov 20, 2013, 2:48 PM

but Clemson's defense needs to put a bagel on the Citadel's offense. Tajh and company can try new things and gimmick plays if they want, but the defense needs to play aggressive and build their momentum and confidence for the SCU game. Start strong, finish strong.

On a side note, I hope they let Tajh throw three TD passes before they pull him. Ensure he gets a minimum of 100 for his career.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My son is a Citadel Knob so it pains me to say this ...

Nov 20, 2013, 2:52 PM

It will be interesting to see if we can. Usually even if playing well we give up a late score. Last week it was even primarily starters who did that.

I know the coaches say they are stressing finishing the games but so far it doesnt seem to be having an impact

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want to see Chad Kelly run for over 100 yards and for Chad

Nov 20, 2013, 2:52 PM

Morris to say after the game that Kelly will play against the gamecocks if only to give them another thing to prepare for. He doesn't have to actually play against them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I want to see Chad Kelly run for over 100 yards and for Chad

Nov 20, 2013, 3:34 PM

I would not be surprised at all if there were a few packages for him. I thought we'd see some wrinkles with Kelly in the FSU game but it go out of hand before we could really try any of that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want to see Daniel Rodriguez score his first TD as a Tiger***

Nov 20, 2013, 2:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I want to see Daniel Rodriguez score his first TD as a Tiger***

Nov 20, 2013, 3:28 PM

That would help put a ! on this season

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I want to see Daniel Rodriguez score his first TD as a Tiger***

Nov 20, 2013, 7:06 PM

After that Dunce move---Off Sides on the Punt team against GT last Thursday---I could care Less If he scored against The Citadel or not...

Frankly it will be a tragedy of epic proportions

Nov 20, 2013, 7:30 PM [ in reply to I want to see Daniel Rodriguez score his first TD as a Tiger*** ]

if this doesn't happen.

Especially against USuC***

Nov 20, 2013, 9:17 PM [ in reply to I want to see Daniel Rodriguez score his first TD as a Tiger*** ]

Nov 20, 2013, 3:26 PM

icebucket, I graduated Citadel c/o 2011. As a former knob, and even all the way through my senior year I hated attending Citadel home games. Trust me, your son probably feels the exact same way. Especially seeing as every time the Citadel scores knobs are required to do pushups. Also, they have to stand the entire game. On a side note, it wasn't just that our football team sucked (minus former cadet football players Andre Roberts and Cortez Allen who now play in the NFL for the Cardinals and Steelers respectively), what made me hate it was that the Corps of Cadets were required to attend every home game. It was never an option. For 4 years I watched us run that atrocious triple option offensive, and get pummeled by pretty much everyone.

Come this weekend I will most definitely NOT be pulling for my alma mater. That doesn't mean I'm not proud of where I went to college. I am. The discipline I gained and the hard life lessons I learned in 4 years at that institution made me a better man. But at the end of the day, I was raised a Clemson Tiger. I hope we destroy the Bulldogs.

Higgins didn't bring the option in until 2010, your senior

Nov 20, 2013, 3:37 PM

year. but yes pummeled by everyone

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Re: Higgins didn't bring the option in until 2010, your senior

Nov 20, 2013, 3:39 PM

dont respond to that idiot

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Nov 20, 2013, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: My son is a Citadel Knob so it pains me to say this ... ]

Boo Hooooooooo!

Surprised you stuck it out and graduated, what with the brutality of having to stand during football games! When did they start making the Corps attend all football games? Oh wait- it has ALWAYS been that way. You're probably also upset that you had to (Oh GOD) wear a uniform.

What a douchey reason to come on an opposing message board and bash your own school. You should turn in your ring you ######.

In your next life, GO TO CLEMSON.

Wow .... I hope you don't wear your Ring .. what a bunch

Nov 20, 2013, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: My son is a Citadel Knob so it pains me to say this ... ]

of BS. You whining about having to go to the games when you were a cadet? That's about the most pussie thing I've ever heard from a Grad. There were a LOT of things worse at The Citadel than having to go to a football game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow .... I hope you don't wear your Ring .. what a bunch

Nov 21, 2013, 7:31 AM

Put on wool, put on patent leather shoes, be forced to stand for the whole game during Charleston heat and see if you can enjoy that. Look who the pussie is now.

Nov 20, 2013, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: My son is a Citadel Knob so it pains me to say this ... ]

You crying little b*tch. Are you kidding me? Are you effing kidding me? You should take your ring off and send it back to 171 Moultrie Street yesterday.

Nov 20, 2013, 5:57 PM

I went to the Citadel/VMI game this past Saturday and really enjoyed it. The Citadel has now won 7 in a row against their rival. It was 70-75 degrees and the cadets were in their salt & peppers. Yikes! He never complained. He knew it was going to be tough before he went in. One week prior to his matriculation I made him watch 'Men of Honor' and told him he needed to adopt Carl Brashear's attitude of NEVER QUIT! I also stole this line from Tom Hanks in 'A League of Their Own' ... "It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great." Anyway, don't be too hard on Iceman, maybe he didn't mean it as badly as it sounded.

On a lighter, more humorous note: My youngest son (16) and I went to the Clemson/UGA game together. The next Saturday we went to the Citadel/Wofford game. He and I both laughed because after watching Clemson and UGA, it looked liked the Citadel game was being played in slow motion.

Nov 20, 2013, 8:12 PM

Iceman-

Were you buddies with Skip Reville? You are living proof that El CId still lets a few douchebags wear a ring a get a diploma. What a tough system you had by "having" to attend a college football game and do pushups. How they hell did you make it 4 years?? I guess you also forgot that the boring option football beat USC, Arkansas, Army and AF within a 3 year period. Yes, our players are smaller and slower then Clemson. No on here will argue that. FCS and FBS are two different games entirely. I will put our guys character, work ethic and academic performance up against any team. All of our players go to class and have real life majors and not majors designed to keep any player in school. The reality of a lot of ex FBS players is that if they don't make the NFL they end up flipping burgers at your local fast food joint. Hopefully we will take the $375,000 from the game after we get smoked and invest it in doing a better job of recruiting prospective students like yourself who have no business having a diploma and ring from The Citadel!! Enjoy the victory and cheering for a school where you never attended a single class and do our school a favor and never step foot on campus again! Go Dogs!

Nov 22, 2013, 5:26 PM

"midlands123", I think I owe you an apology. My words offended you and I did not intend for them to hurt as many people (especially fellow alumni) as they have. Please accept my deepest apologies. I was out of line, and I did not represent my beloved alma mater the right way at all. Please, if you don't mind, don't bash me publicly anymore. I have already received countless letters of hatemail, private messages, and threats. It would mean alot to me if you would forgive me,know that I understand I was wrong, and allow me to move forward. Thank you.

Nov 23, 2013, 3:50 PM

Why apologize to these idiots? You didn't say anything derogatory against anyone or even the school for that matter. All you did was say that you didn't like having to go to every football game.

IceMan001, although I am a 1969 Clemson alumnus, over

Nov 20, 2013, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: My son is a Citadel Knob so it pains me to say this ... ]

the years I've known many, fine Citadel graduates, including a close Army buddy and fellow Officer with whom I served for four years. Also, a nephew is a Citadel alumnus.

I have always regarded the Citadel highly and have been proud that its home is South Carolina. Its history and traditions are time-honored and respected across this land. And every...and I mean every Citadel alumnus I have ever known has been fiercely loyal and devoted to the school.

There were, of course, some things I didn't particularly like about Clemson; however, the overall experience of attending the school outweighed any negativity, and to this day I am loathe to speak against my Alma Mater.

You are entitled to your opinions, but you may want to rethink your experience at the Citadel, for the sum of the parts created your overall experience. Additionally, you may, also, want to consider an old saw: Tis better, sometimes, that a man keep his own counsel.

And I say these things in the spirit of friendship....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IceMan001, although I am a 1969 Clemson alumnus, over

Nov 22, 2013, 4:13 PM

hartins, perhaps you are right here. I spoke with a fellow Citadel alumnus a few minutes ago through email, and he shared similar thoughts to what you have told me. I admit that I may have been a bit misguided and wrongfully judgmental with my remarks. If I have offended you, please forgive me. A man needs to recognize when he was wrong, and own up to it.

Nov 20, 2013, 8:53 PM [ in reply to Re: My son is a Citadel Knob so it pains me to say this ... ]

iceman, I mean icepu$$y - you are a disgrace to all graduates of The Citadel. Turn in your ring and walk away in shame. Or better yet, just show up at our tailgate Saturday wearing your Clemson regalia and we'll gladly remove it for you.

Nov 21, 2013, 12:00 AM [ in reply to Re: My son is a Citadel Knob so it pains me to say this ... ]

You need to turn in your ring. I will meet you on the field after the game by the goal posts near the hill. Don't worry, I will be able to recognize you.

You Citadel guys are really tough on this guy...

Nov 22, 2013, 2:27 AM

I mean Clemson vs The Citadel? That's an easy choice. There's Something in These Hills...

Re: You Citadel guys are really tough on this guy...

Nov 22, 2013, 10:26 AM

Look at it this way … what if he grew up a Carolina fan but chose Clemson to go to school; then, he continues to be a Carolina fan. Would you dog that guy for continuing as a Carolina fan and a Clemson Alum? I would …

Wow you really brought out the Citadel bravado

Nov 20, 2013, 8:29 PM

from some of the posters here. They are certainly a proud bunch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Nov 20, 2013, 9:44 PM

having had several men in my family go to the Citadel, all I can say is WOW to iceman.

Got my masters degree at the Citadel twelve years after

Nov 20, 2013, 10:41 PM

graduating from Clemson. The Citadel was all of the following:

Great Place
Great School
Great Campus (small)
Great Staff
Great Students (grad school and cadets)
Great Location

Having said that, if I see The Citadel upset Clemson Saturday, I will be very sad.

Re: Got my masters degree at the Citadel twelve years after

Nov 20, 2013, 11:19 PM

You and Iceman have nothing to worry about~!

Both are great schools and are two of the most tradition rich campuses in the South! Clemson has 20K students and better athletes. The CItadel has 2000 students and all the athletes are "student athletes" just like it was in the old days.

Clemson fans also need to thank the Dogs for the last time we won in Death Valley in 1931. Very soon after the Tigers lost to El Cid the admin realized it needed additional funding for the athletic dept and IPTAY was born!!

Re: Got my masters degree at the Citadel twelve years after

Nov 21, 2013, 2:43 PM

midlands123 - I think all Bulldog fans would applaud your decision to pull for Clemson this weekend. As it relates to the young Citadel grad who is all in for Clemson over The Citadel, he should get his chin in and roll his shoulders back. I have attended 101 of the last 111 Citadel football games home and away. This old Dog is all Bulldog. After watching Clemson play in person last Thursday night, I simply hope our kids can play respectable football. The speed I witnessed by the Clemson Tigers, not to mention the fastest man on the planet (Sammy), is pretty ridiculous. Looking forward to a great day at a great place, Death Valley!

Re: My son is a Citadel Knob so it pains me to say this ...***

Nov 22, 2013, 1:07 AM

@hufdaddy

Nov 22, 2013, 1:10 AM

I hope you are just making a bad attempt at being funny.

If wearing dress grays and standing during a football game is your idea if dificult, then it must be true what my fellow alumni say about today's Corps.

Tajh will far exceed 100 whether he plays this week or not***

Nov 22, 2013, 7:34 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The butt-hurt is strong with these bulldogs...

Nov 22, 2013, 10:58 AM

"give back the ring" over cheering for a different team at a football game? Give me a break.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic