Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My son and I are sitting on the hill for 1st time sat.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 988

My son and I are sitting on the hill for 1st time sat.

Oct 1, 2012, 10:11 PM

How early would i need to get there to get a spot by the ropes where they run down?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get there an hour early.***

Oct 1, 2012, 10:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

What he said......And if you want to see tiger walk ......

Oct 1, 2012, 10:14 PM

leading into the west endzone get there 2 hours early. It will be in the parking lot in front of the stadium

Thanks. we get there at least that early anyway.

Oct 1, 2012, 10:17 PM

R we in danger of getting puked on ya think? I've heard some tales.

Re: Thanks. we get there at least that early anyway.

Oct 2, 2012, 12:20 AM

In the last 9 years I've been on the hill I've yet to see anyone puke there. Of course, we stand toward the band side, so it might be worse near the center. If so, you might be able to make your way to your right after they run down the hill. Occasionally you will have some people on the hill that get way too drunk and act like jerks, cussing, dipping and spitting on the hill, pushing people, throwing empty mini bottles, etc.

It can get pretty crowded for big games, so GT may get a little packed on the hill. If you're there an hour early you shouldn't have much trouble finding a spot (not sure about one next to the rope), but you'll be packed in like sardines closer to game time.

I'm not sure how strict you are with your son and language, but, aside from the drunks other people have mentioned, Tech's band plays a song very, very often and the entire hill and student section yells "YOU SUCK!" after it.

The hill, though, is a pretty amazing experience. As someone else mentioned, you may want to bring some cardboard (or buy a pizza during the game) for your son to slide down the hill on after the game. As soon as the game ends, win or lose, the hill gets overtaken by kids sliding down it on cardboard boxes. Please make sure your kid knows not to slide repeatedly into the few people that stay on the hill for the alma mater and to take pictures of the field after the game. There's also the rock at the top of the hill to take pictures by after the game. I hope you and your son enjoy the game!

Bring cardboard slide :-D *****

Oct 1, 2012, 10:19 PM

How old is your son? Be prepared to move around a little

Oct 1, 2012, 10:24 PM

I sat with my daughter for the Furman game and we had to move a couple of times because of the profanity being yelled. Remember that this is mostly students so be prepared for some spirited language directed at the Bumble Bees. Daughter loved the hill and it brought back a lot of memories from back in the day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's 11. He's pretty thick-skinned. He knows whats ok to say

Oct 1, 2012, 10:28 PM

and whats not ok to say. I'm like u, I don't want him to hear it constantly. But hey, It's the guys goin to the game.

daughter is 13...had a few guys dropping the F bomb every

Oct 1, 2012, 10:31 PM

other word...but hey they're young, and were in good spirits...real easy to just move a few feet when you're on the hill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're going to have drunk students around you in their

Oct 1, 2012, 10:55 PM

territory. They'll be nice as can be, but bad language is just part of the passion of youth. I haven't completely gotten rid of my language watching on TV. Luckily, the FSU game was after the little one's bedtime.

Re: My son and I are sitting on the hill for 1st time sat.

Oct 1, 2012, 10:30 PM

If you want the spot next to the ropes on the flat part of the hill, I would get there when the gates open 90 minutes before kickoff.

Can you put on bright yellow colors?

Oct 1, 2012, 11:19 PM

I want to see you on TV dude.. Put an american flag too on top of it...Cool?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Can you put on bright yellow colors?

Oct 1, 2012, 11:22 PM

I want to see you on TV dude.. Put an american flag too on top of it...Cool?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Replies: 12
| visibility 988
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic