Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can't start the day better than...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Can't start the day better than...

Jun 1, 2020, 6:31 AM

turning on the TV and seeing DW4 to HR13 for the CFP championship.

Go Tigers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ufRhehbeXg

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Can't start the day better than...

Jun 1, 2020, 7:35 AM

That's a winning combo to start off your week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't start the day better than...

Jun 1, 2020, 8:49 AM

Perfect timing...how often will that specific play be the first thing you see in the morning? Hope it's a good sign for the rest of the day.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

This is one rerun that I can watch over and over and over***

Jun 1, 2020, 8:32 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That just NEVER gets old. NEVER!***

Jun 1, 2020, 8:34 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That just NEVER gets old. NEVER!***

Jun 1, 2020, 8:43 AM

Amen to that!

--Henry David Thoreau

My, revised, analysis.

Jun 1, 2020, 10:13 AM

I watched that play, the TD at the end of the game, a couple of weeks ago. I watched it several times. I noticed something that jumped out at me as being extrememly obvious which I had never seen before.

Analysis:

Bama fans claim it was offensive pass interference because the outside Clemson receiver blocked on the play rather than running his route. If that were the case, it would be offensive PI. (Side note: ND ran the same play agaisnt FSU the next year, completed the TD pass which would have won the game, but was called for offensive PI. ND fans went ballistic, many citing the Clemson tD against Bama.)

As I watched the play, it was clear the Clemson WR (not Renfroe) was on the ground at the feet of the ND defender. The ND defender appeared to be trying to get around the the guy. So, if you took a still shot at that point it certainly "looks" like the Clemson receiver was blocking. (He was on the ground; he wasn't running a route for sure.)

But, on one replay angle, taken from a high angle camera near the goal line, I saw something I had never noticed before. At the snap of the ball the defender on the Clemson receiver reached out with both hands, grabbed the Clemson receiver and took him to the ground. He literally tackled the receiver before he could even begin to run a route or set a pick or do anything else.

So, yes, there was a penalty on the play. Defensive holding. You can check a receiver; you can shove him. But, you can't reach over his shoulder pads with both hands, grab him in the back and shove him to the ground at your feet.

Most of y'all had figured this out long ago. I just thought the Clemson receiver had slipped when he made his cut. It never looked to me like he was blocking or setting a pick. But, it wasn't till a couple of weeks ago, I saw what put him on the ground. He was tackled.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My, revised, analysis.

Jun 1, 2020, 10:18 AM

Just watched this clip again. It doesn't have the angle I saw, but it is consistent with what I said above.

1. If you watch the original play, just before the receiver goes off camera, you can see the Bama defender with his arm on the reveivers back across the shoulder pads.

2. Then if you watch the first replay, you can see the defender bringing the receiver to the ground. Receiver was never even close to setting a pick on the guy covering Renfrow. And, the receiver was not diving at the defenders legs to block him. He was thrown to the ground at his feet.

Re: My, revised, analysis.

Jun 1, 2020, 10:27 AM

Put the replay on full screen on whatever device you are using. Freeze it at the 10 second mark.

1. Look at the arms of the Bama defender wrapping up Clemson receiver.

2. Go ahead and run it and watch the Bama receiver who was covering Renfrow. Very poor technique. He stumbled as he cut to his outside. He tried to run behind the other defender.

3. Side note. Something we will never know. What if the Bama defender had tried to undercut and go under the outside receiver? He almost certainly would have tripped over the other Clemson receiver. Would the refs have thrown the flag then? Thank goodness, we will never know.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic