Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My report from Clemson (long)..............
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

My report from Clemson (long)..............

Sep 26, 2014, 2:19 PM

The wife and I decided to drive up to Clemson tuesday night from central Florida. Our place needed some repairs, we wanted to see our local friends and it has been a while since we've been up here.
Driving around town there were a few things that jumped right out at me. The completion of the housing project by the Ridge certainly changes the skyline of the town. The locals are not very happy about it from what I'm told. But they better get used to it because another one is planned for college ave. just north of the downtown area. The old bookstore is being converted into a restaurant\ bar with upstairs outdoor seating. Although it is a way from completion, it looks like it will be a nice addition to the downtown area. And, I'm happy to say that it will be called 'The Study Hall', in honor of an iconic Clemson bar that was located on the same site for years. You old timers know of what I speak. I used to bartend there. For those of you that go out to Walmart, there is a new ABC package store in that shopping center.
I was able to speak with a few of the players since I've been here. I saw Jay Guillermo and although he looked a little gimpy, he told me he was feeling better and hoped he would be good to go Saturday. Vic Beasley said that they've put the FSU game behind them and the D was anxious to get out there Saturday and have another strong performance. He's a really nice kid. Very respectful. Something that has always impressed me with our players through the years. About 4:30 today, the wife and I are going down to the stadium with a few other people and wish the team good luck as they get on the buses. We've always made that a tradition when we're in town going back to the days when they boarded the buses in front of the President's home. Dabo always goes out of his way to thank the fans that come out. Then, down to my buddy's bar and '"maybe" an eventual walk to Riggs field to check out the game tonight with UNC. Watched the Lady Tigers last night.
The talk around town, of course, has been the tragic death of the Clemson student the other night. I've noticed the # of investgators out at the scene and, of course, the press. Our prayers go out to the family and hope that the causation will be resolved.
Its always fun to have a few with my local friends and talk CU football. Needless to say, the conversation has been lively this week in light of the game last Saturday night. They always have some local knowledge and tidbits that I find interesting. Allegedly, the defense was not very happy with the offense in the 2nd half of the UGA game and were communicating this effectively, but the coaches stepped in and the problem was quickly resolved.
Well, I know this was rather long and I apologize. Today is really overcast and a little cool for a Floridian but tomorrow promises to be a perfect day for Tiger football. There is no better place to spend a few days and its always hard to leave. But we try to make the most of our time here. So, its time to go have a late lunch at TTT.
Here's to a big win tomorrow and my best from God's country. GO TIGERS,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always enjoy your reports. Enjoy your visit.***

Sep 26, 2014, 2:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

glad to have you back in town and to know that you had a

Sep 26, 2014, 2:24 PM

safe trip. It is going to be a beautiful Saturday for some Clemson Tiger football. We hope y'all have a great time and a safe trip back home. GO TIGERS!

Re: glad to have you back in town and to know that you had a

Sep 26, 2014, 4:27 PM

Your post is a very nice read, I feel like I am sitting right beside you guys and enjoying a couple of adult beverages. We always say there's something "in these hills" and your post resounds with that quality. We, sons and daughters of Clemson are family and I am glad you posted your observations. Thanks!

Hey visiting Fla Tiger...C L E M in Cadence Count!

Sep 26, 2014, 5:53 PM

You know how it goes....do iT!

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My report from Clemson (long)..............

Sep 26, 2014, 2:30 PM

Thanks for the report. Great to learn about a new Study Hall. We plan to come up next week. Can't wait to come home. Go Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My report from Clemson (long)..............

Sep 26, 2014, 3:58 PM

Looks like you graduated in 72, same as my dad. I've heard stories of the Study Hall and how him and his buddy worked the first pizza delivery place in Clemson.

nice!***

Sep 26, 2014, 4:01 PM

so you knew pooh bear

Sep 26, 2014, 8:48 PM

and a bunch of my buddies

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Hope the pizza at the new Study Hall is half as good as the old Study Halll

Sep 26, 2014, 9:11 PM

Best pizza anywhere.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic