Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
David Hood, your disrespectful article should have been left in the trash where you wrote it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 51

David Hood, your disrespectful article should have been left in the trash where you wrote it

Nov 25, 2018, 9:20 PM

What provoked you to write such a BS article criticizing the best coaching staff in the HISTORY of Clemson ?? Some halfpint fans who jumped on the wagon 3 or 4 years ago ??

David, get a grip please and think before you post. Do you actually agree with that “fringe” fan who believes Clemson winning 56-35 “felt” like a loss ??? If you do, please feel free to leave along with those same fans as a beat writer. 12-0, 5 in a row over rival SC, ACC Champs 4 years running. Nothing changed, just a poor performance from a typical stellar defense. It happens sometimes, it’s a game played each week with different opponents that can catch fire and make plays. We won by 3 TD’s, Ross drop and phantom PI call on Rodgers and it’s actually a 70-35 game. But no mention of that, or the 744 offensive yards ???????

In closing, if you want Dabo gone keep writing this CRAP ?? and you might get what you are looking for. I on the other hand need you to SHUT UP with this hot garbage take from “fans you saw on the field after the game”. Those “ fans “ are not TRUE fans and this stupid article never should have been put online. Disappointing is not strong enough, you surely know better but lacked needed discipline to just drop such a tainted article. Get right with Clemdon football, or get lost. Nobody will miss you if you keep this BS up pal, nobody!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, we all need to get right with Clemdon football***

Nov 25, 2018, 9:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Agreed, we all need to get right with Clemdon football***

Nov 25, 2018, 9:27 PM

I guess my pissed off attitude didn’t help matters.

Maybe next week David can write a nice article on how great Pitt is if we don’t beat them 63-0 ???????

Re: David Hood, your disrespectful article should have been left in the trash where you wrote it

Nov 25, 2018, 9:28 PM

Agreed, should have never been posted. I stopped reading it.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never even opened the article because the headline seemed

Nov 25, 2018, 9:36 PM

like such crap. Glad I didn't.

Pathetic. I was actually more offended by

Nov 25, 2018, 9:31 PM

the use of "scorched Earth" and "doubled down" in the 2nd article. What a disgrace.

Re: David Hood, your disrespectful article should have been left in the trash where you wrote it

Nov 25, 2018, 9:31 PM

Hmm. I don't feel the same as you about it . Journalism is one of those love them or hate them professions , and I would hedge a bet that before your reading those few sentences caused this uproar from the keyboard that you were either a fan of David Hood or minimally indifferent .
Remember , sticks and stones .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 25, 2018, 9:37 PM

Exactly. Look at every show on FS1 and ESPN all day. It's about being blunt for those guys. They are wrong at times too, but it's about strong opinions or perspective usually.

My reaction is not the concern Tigerdug23, it is HC Dabo Swinney

Nov 25, 2018, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: David Hood, your disrespectful article should have been left in the trash where you wrote it ]

It has obviously riled him up and David Hood is to thank for a useless distraction!! David Hood is a Clemdon guy I thought but now I’m not so certain. This was a hot garbage article top to bottom IMO, from a pro-Clemson journalist.

Rivalry game, you get the best shot and last night Bentley took it to the Tigers. He played great, and Clemson defense played horrible. However, the big picture is Clemson won 56-35. Being disappointed in defensive effort is fine and understandable. But none of this BS “ feels like a loss” narrative. Give me a break and go away with that hot take.

Journalism has a responsibility and should be held accountable. David Hood needs to take a LONG look in his mirror and figure out who and what he is. Nothing wrong with criticism, nothing at all, but this is not criticism.... it’s wreckless and thoughtless criticism of a program, a Head Coach, a coaching staff, that is redefining where Clemson stands in the College Football landscape each year ????

I'm also not certain if David Hood is a Clemdon guy***

Nov 25, 2018, 9:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: I'm also not certain if David Hood is a Clemdon guy***

Nov 25, 2018, 10:33 PM

mush mouth may have been a clemdon guy.

Nov 25, 2018, 10:40 PM [ in reply to I'm also not certain if David Hood is a Clemdon guy*** ]

smfh at some of you. hood is most definitely a clemson guy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 11:00 PM

About the biggest Clemson guy there is, so to speak.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

If you're the HC of an elite program making $7 mil a year

Nov 25, 2018, 9:54 PM [ in reply to My reaction is not the concern Tigerdug23, it is HC Dabo Swinney ]

Re: My reaction is not the concern Tigerdug23, it is HC Dabo Swinney

Nov 25, 2018, 9:56 PM [ in reply to My reaction is not the concern Tigerdug23, it is HC Dabo Swinney ]

Good god man. This is awfully dramatic.

Re: David Hood, your disrespectful article should have been left in the trash where you wrote it***

Nov 25, 2018, 9:33 PM

??We all know you are a snowflake, no need to prove it***

Nov 25, 2018, 9:51 PM

Nov 25, 2018, 9:41 PM

If you check David's FB page, he seems to be enjoying it all. I don't think it's great for recruiting that ESPN has picked up the story.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Give'em your orange colored glasses****

Nov 25, 2018, 9:41 PM

Dont own any, not saying we should be excited with defense... just that this article is useless

Nov 25, 2018, 9:59 PM

Do you not think the coaches are mad about what they saw ? Do you think that they are happy to see Bentley throw it all over the place for TD’s ?

They will go to work and get it right and hope they do just that. Why press the obvious fact we laid an egg on defense. ONE GAME, a rivalry game throwing out all the stops to get a win is expected. How about journalist and fair weather fans keeping perspective.

Why do we need such a dumb article. If any of those fans that “felt like a loss” want to go away, please do so quickly. What a bunch of BS, enough of this stupidity.

Re: Dont own any, not saying we should be excited with defense... just that this article is useless

Nov 25, 2018, 10:41 PM

Why does an article stating something that is so obvious bother you so much? Would you rather him live in a dream world where everything is always peachy like the regulars on this board?

And just to let you know you are the definition of a "fringe" fan...the vast majority of us had the exact reaction that Hood described in his article.

if we play bama

Nov 25, 2018, 11:23 PM

the same ones bashing hood are going to be dumbfounded when our line cant block them and tua makes it rain on our secondary

Orange Lasik then*

Nov 26, 2018, 1:06 AM [ in reply to Dont own any, not saying we should be excited with defense... just that this article is useless ]

Nov 25, 2018, 9:47 PM

Can I get a witness???
I could not agree more with a post!!

Reread the article.

Nov 25, 2018, 10:13 PM

David was reporting what he heard, which is similar to things I heard in the aftermath of the game. A day later , those opinions seem stupid (which they are).
Besides, I think my ribs may have made David sick....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reread the article.

Nov 25, 2018, 11:17 PM

A day later , those opinions seem stupid (which they are).

Which is exactly why he should not have written an article about it and put it online for the world to see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This may have been what Dabo was looking for.

Nov 25, 2018, 11:20 PM

Scaring fans into attacking any negative press/comments.

Gotta say, for someone who really supports Dabo's quotes and the way he handles controversy, I do not like his latest interview.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic