Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My predictions for the 2012 regular season (LONG post):
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

My predictions for the 2012 regular season (LONG post):

Jul 3, 2012, 8:50 PM

9/1/12: versus Auburn: 28-20 win; yep, it'll probably be closer than this (it IS the Georgia Dome after all). But in terms of offense, there's no comparison here. Auburn doesn't have a dominant QB, so I'm not looking to WR Emory Blake to have a monster game. RB Onterio McCalebb can pick up some of the slack following the departure of Michael Dyer, but overall, Auburn's defense concerns me much more than their offense. Even without Sammy (whether a half or the whole game), this is a game our receiving corps wins against a secondary that is without a single elite name. And I can see Andre having a very good game.

9/8/12: versus Ball State: 42-3 win; it's Ball State. End of discussion.

9/15/12: versus Furman: 38-0 win; again, level of competition...

9/22/12: versus Florida State: 17-10 win; it's at Doak Campbell, where we don't have a great record over the last 20 years. But answer me this: is anybody here really concerned about having to play against EJ Manuel? Even when he was healthy last year, he proceeded to underwhelm. And though he didn't have many yards last year, potentially losing James Wilder Jr. for the match hurts FSU's running game (even more, if that's possible). Their defense could potentially be great, but only if Brandon Jenkins give a LOT more effort than he did last season. We definitely need to watch out for Lamarcus Joyner in the return game, as well. But in the end, given our much improved defense and FSU's offensive woes, we win a fairly close one.

9/29/12: versus Boston College: 31-21 win; BC's large group of returning starters is the only reason I'm giving them so much credit here. But I don't expect their QB play to be much better this season, especially with such an average group of receivers. And their defense doesn't figure to get much better now that Luke Kuechly is gone.

10/6/12: versus Georgia Tech: 34-24 win; contrary to what the numbers might suggest, GT's 3-4 defense is not that effective. (Virginia Tech and Miami seemed to do fine against it.) Tevin Washington stinks as a QB, and his one great target, Stephen Hill (what a waste it was for him to play in the triple option btw), is gone. They'll get their rushing yards, but our revamped linebacker play will play a big role in helping us get the "W." Our rushing game will be pretty good, as well. We moved the ball on the ground fairly well last year, but turnovers at terrible spots on the field doomed us.

10/13/12: versus Open Date: win; I don't know by how much, but I've got a great feeling about this one!

10/20/12: versus Virginia Tech: 20-13 win; yeah, VT's defense should be great (hence us only scoring 20 points), but with thin RB depth and a new offensive line, I can't see the Hokies managing an offensive onslaught (especially given their inexplicable dedication to overly traditional offense). Logan Thomas has tremendous size and only got better as last season progressed, but there's only so much he'll be able to do without much help on the ground.

10/25/12: versus Wake Forest: 49-17 win; WF's running game will not help them this time around. And the departure of Chris Givens leaves Tanner Price without an elite target at WR.

11/3/12: versus Duek: 63-0 win; nice to see you again, Dookies. But it ain't gonna be a happy reunion...

11/10/12: versus Maryland: 38-7; Maryland won't fair against a very good defense. And the damage done to their roster by departures and transfers will hurt them throughout the entire season.

11/17/12: versus NC State: 35-20 win; I give NC State some credit because Glennon is actually a pretty decent QB. But this is yet another team that should suffer because of its lack of a decent ground game. CB David Amerson is a beast, but he can't shut down our ENTIRE receiving corps. It's in Clemson. We want revenge after being embarrassed last year.

11/24/12: versus South Carolina: 31-7 win; any Gamecock fan who thinks Connor Shaw is an elite QB knows nothing about the position. The coots have a largely unimpressive offensive line. They'll have to make due with a mostly inexperienced secondary, which Sammy, DeAndre, and Martavis (by this time a major player at WR) will own. Their front four on D will do an admirable job, but unless Lattimore can play every position, they won't be able to do enough on offense (despite their fanbase's claim that Shaq Roland > Sammy Watkins). The coots go down, Spurrier finds something to wine about after, coot fans claim we won only because they let us, and, as it goes almost every year, the little ole ACC school gets more media attention than the SEC "powerhouse."

So... yeah, I'm predicting us to go 12-0 on our way to 14-0. Let the "You're crazy"'s begin! ;)

GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Re: My predictions for the 2012 regular season (LONG post):

Jul 3, 2012, 8:55 PM

I like your enthusiasm.

That's all I'll say. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Jul 4, 2012, 8:22 AM

I really think it will be a fun season. I am not really sure you can have a linebacker play 800 plays and have less than 40 stops. That really seems impossible to me. Judging our defense based on the spring game, this should be a fun defense to watch. I have been watching Clemson football a long time and we were actually going for the football trying to cause fumbles in that game and I have rarely seen this in my lifetime. So the defense will be a new install and a high performance unit. We should actually be able to stop some teams this year and see some linebacker play. Lol. We have the talent at the position and this year we actually use em. I think we will be a great team this year because we will win games defensively and not just with our offense. 14-0 is my prediction but we could pull a Clemson. I don't think that will happen though this year

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just win!

Jul 8, 2012, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Re: My predictions for the 2012 regular season (LONG post): ]

Actually...

14-0 should the goal every yr...right.

someone post the cliff notes***

Jul 3, 2012, 9:05 PM

He thinks we'll win em all.***

Jul 4, 2012, 9:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Fun to read, hope you're right***

Jul 3, 2012, 9:14 PM

Jul 3, 2012, 9:17 PM

I see us with 2 losses at the end of the regular season.
I think we will play a close game against Auburn but we should win that game.
The next 2 games are a given win.
I think our first loss comes at FSU. Their front 4 and our questions on the O-line have me concerned about this game.
I think with Brent Venables ability to stop the option, we should be able to take care of GT.
After what we saw last season against VT, I think we handle them in Death Valley this season.
With a game with such high emotions, followed by a quick turnaround game at Wake, I think our second and final loss comes to Wake Forest. Clemson never plays well on Thursday night game on the road.
From then on, I believe we should run the table.

Obviously, I would love to see us go 12-0, but I think 10-2 is more realistic and would be a great season.

Jul 3, 2012, 9:22 PM

If our run game cant be steady its possible to be 12-0 we have to run the ball with some success to beat the coots to slow the Pass rush down and ncst will be a fight idk why just will be and vt will be out for blood but we should win all 3 because of us makeing all that noise ;)

Jul 3, 2012, 9:47 PM

Your not crazy ,your 'friggin' insane".
I will give you the first three,but we will lose in Tallahassee.
Boston College is away,and the never wrong Walt Deputla sees this as a possible loss.
The two Tech games are at home and are winnable,but for all of your talk about Wake Forest's running game,and no elite WR,you seem to have forgotten we barely beat them in the valley this past season,and this game is a Thursday niter at Wake.
Duke,Maryland,and State are all winnable,but how many times has one of those winnable games bit us in the you know where.
And then that leaves the coots.We definitly will win that game,but not by the 24 point margin you predict.
I am optomistic that we cvan go 10-2 in the regular season,allthough my gut feeling is 9-3,and a victory in a good bowl game.
We will not ,however win the division ,or play in the ACC Championship this season.

Jul 3, 2012, 10:15 PM

leftie! You're making a surprising amount of sense this evening.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I'm not ready to concede FSU the win

Jul 3, 2012, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: My predictions for the 2012 regular season (LONG post): ]

They have more talent on D and we have more talent on O. it's the same situation as it was last year. However, they also thought their DL would be unstoppable and they weren't. If worse comes then Morris needs to go max protect. it's simpler and easier to defend but they'll still have to figure out how to stop Sammy, Nuk, Bryant, and who ever else is out there and I don't think they have the secondary to do it.

Jul 4, 2012, 2:06 AM [ in reply to Re: My predictions for the 2012 regular season (LONG post): ]

hes not insane... he is what you call a 'true Clemson fan'... youre not acting like one... saying 'we will lose to FSU'... we wont lose to them... 'if' we lose any im guessing GT... that is one team in every sport that is a pain to us... this year will be a good one... but next year will be even better...

Jul 6, 2012, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: My predictions for the 2012 regular season (LONG post): ]

I say IF we are 10-2 we play for the ACC Championship game!!!!!!!! Want to bet

Jul 4, 2012, 5:42 AM

Plenty of good football and beer.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

LOL...^^^delusional pumper^^^^***

Jul 4, 2012, 6:51 AM

from your mouth to PFB's ears...may it be so.***

Jul 4, 2012, 7:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No reason to think otherwise until proven so ...

Jul 4, 2012, 8:22 AM

Each game is within our power to take. I see no value in going into the season assuming a loss to anyone on this schedule.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. We have the talent and ability to beat anyone***

Jul 6, 2012, 1:58 AM

Any particular reason why...

Jul 6, 2012, 2:33 AM

you are giving Furman and Ball St. more credit than Duke? Duke has not exactly done well recently but they have been much improved the past couple years...Also I think @FSU is very scary. I hope we can pull that one out, and Tajh will hopefully be able to deal with the pressure already having some impressive road wins under his belt, but I am not optimistic about it. I think the first team to score wins the game. I WILL feel much better about it with them playing EJ Manuel rather than Trickett because EJ Manuel is garbage.

You will not beat Carolina. That is all****

Jul 6, 2012, 2:34 AM

We don't play Carolina.***

Jul 6, 2012, 5:40 AM

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

USC isn't on the schedule either.***

Jul 8, 2012, 1:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes we will

Jul 8, 2012, 3:56 PM [ in reply to You will not beat Carolina. That is all**** ]

mark it down

I have us 10-2 with losses to FSU and Wake. Also Shaw

Jul 6, 2012, 5:29 AM

was an elite QB against us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have us 10-2 with losses to FSU and Wake. Also Shaw

Jul 8, 2012, 5:51 AM

We will take care of shaw this year!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have us 10-2 with losses to FSU and Wake. Also Shaw

Jul 8, 2012, 1:16 PM [ in reply to I have us 10-2 with losses to FSU and Wake. Also Shaw ]

I don't see WF being able to score very many against us, only returning three starters on O. And even with seven back on D they're not stopping "The Chad's" offense. With the game being a Thursday road game it maybe close, but look for us to pull out a rare W for a prime time Thursday game.

Wake? (no way)

Jul 8, 2012, 5:22 PM [ in reply to I have us 10-2 with losses to FSU and Wake. Also Shaw ]

lol

We'll go 11-1, losing only to FSU.***

Jul 8, 2012, 6:46 AM

Hahaha

Jul 8, 2012, 12:15 PM

31-7.

Re: Hahaha

Jul 8, 2012, 3:57 PM

we will beat yall mark it down coot trash

Re: Hahaha

Jul 8, 2012, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Hahaha ]

thats what i think too. but i'm not sure usuc will score 7. the streak will end at 3. don't forget during this streak, y'all have only won once in the valley, and usuc won't win 2 in a row at clemson.

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

Theoretically, you may be right on each of these games

Jul 8, 2012, 3:28 PM

Looking at them individually I can buy into every one of those explanations. The problem is that we have no idea when and where the injury bug will hit (and it will hit). The long season will wear mentally on these kids and there will be a ###(?) game - maybe BC or GT (again). If we start out 8-0 there will be additional pressure; remember - these are kids. I hope you're right but I see two or three losses.

I'm Thinking 11-1 or 10-2

Jul 8, 2012, 3:56 PM

But could go thru w/o a loss

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Undefeated season aside

Jul 8, 2012, 4:22 PM

how does BC score 21 on us? Unless Tajh throws 2 pick 6s, I don't see them doing much offensively against anyone.

Step away from the bong

Jul 8, 2012, 5:11 PM

That stuff is baaad.

Jul 8, 2012, 5:15 PM

9-3 or maybe 10-2

Very Good Logic and FSU....

Jul 8, 2012, 5:21 PM

is sooooooooooo overrated. Granted, they have (so they say) a good defense, but so they say, no offense. A great offense (Clemson) WILL score points a great D, but a team without an offense.... is a team without an offense. Thus, the the FSU score will be something like

Clemson 17
FSU 3

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very Good Logic and FSU....

Jul 8, 2012, 5:25 PM

I'll be surprised if they only score 3 points.

Re: Very Good Logic and FSU....

Jul 9, 2012, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Very Good Logic and FSU.... ]

How great does an offense really need to be to score on a defense that gave up 70 points in a bowl game? I mean I understand that you have a new DC, and he'll be great probably, but seriously, its not like there is a free agency in college which allows you to pick up new talent. Clemson maybe better on defense, but they are going to be elite by any means. Although if Lateek Townsend can play as big as his mouth is, yall would have an elite outside linebacker on your hands. But im sure he's great on special teams.

That's exactly how I have it

Jul 8, 2012, 5:39 PM

Only not that many close games.

I think we start to steam roll people and become a truly elite team this year.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2012, 9:19 PM

Ill have some of what he's having.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic