Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My picks this weekend, including possible upsets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

My picks this weekend, including possible upsets

Oct 11, 2013, 11:02 AM

I actually have four upsets picked. I think it will be that kind of Saturday.

Mizzou @ UGA - I do think this is a dangerous game for UGA, but that's all they've heard all week. Injuries and all, Dawgs by 10 - UGA

OU vs. Texas - This is a trap game for OU if there ever was one. That being said, this OU team is better than people realize. - OU

UCA @ Ark. - I think Ark wins at home. That has nothing to do with me being a Clemson fan. I just think this is a dangerous game for UCS, and the off field stuff hasn't helped. - Arkansas

BC @ Clemson - Tigers roll early and it's over at halftime - Clemson

UF @ LSU - I'm going with the upset here. UF pulls it off in Baton Rouge. Remember, it's not a night game. - Florida

Oregon @ Washington - I really, really want to pull the trigger here, and I will. Washington stuns the nation 48-42 - Washington

TAMU @ Ole Miss - Ole Miss wins a huge game. Sorry Johnny. - Ole Miss

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

You had me up until UF over LSU

Oct 11, 2013, 11:04 AM

... and Washington over Oregon... And Ole Miss over TAMU...

I just think it sets up that way this weekend....

Oct 11, 2013, 11:08 AM

I don't think any of those (except maybe UW) is going out on a big limb. TAMU's D will struggle against Ole Miss, so it could be a shootout.

UCS will struggle with Arky's run game.

UF has athletes, and they are playing for respect.

I get what you're saying with UW/OR, but it's in Washington, and they were close last week. I don't think it's an outrageous pick.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I'm more balking at the UF/LSU pick

Oct 11, 2013, 11:11 AM

LSU found some offense this year. Defense hasn't been great, but I think they're more talented than UGA defensively. I definitely don't consider UF on the same level as UGA offensively, either. And it's a home game for LSU, so you can give their defense a little edge (and perhaps cause UF to stutter a bit on offense from the environment).

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Ole Miss win, but I think TAMU wins a shooting match.

I don't know enough about UW/OR to make much of a call, but gut feeling is Oregon wears UW out on the ground in the 3rd or 4th quarter. Wouldn't be shocked to see it go either way, though.

I agree with that... I think the UF/LSU game is going to be

Oct 11, 2013, 11:13 AM

a 17-13 type game

Wow...R U drinking the same cheap wine I'm drinking?! Haaa.

Oct 11, 2013, 11:14 AM [ in reply to I just think it sets up that way this weekend.... ]

No way Jose on all those picks, but I use to go out on limb back in '65 like that when I was a sports writer for The TIGER student paper..and of course got a lot of hype, but came in last every week..but so much fun & laughter too.

Go#3TiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they're all on the road, except the UF pick***

Oct 11, 2013, 11:15 AM

So you're saying we lose to BC? And UGA to Misery?

Oct 11, 2013, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Wow...R U drinking the same cheap wine I'm drinking?! Haaa. ]

May want to put the wine down...

UF wins. Straight up***

Oct 11, 2013, 4:03 PM [ in reply to You had me up until UF over LSU ]

I agree in part

Mizzou @ UGA - UGa is really banged-up but the game is in Athens. Dawgs win.

OU vs. Texas - OU wins BIG. In fact, this game may be so one-sided that Texas adminstrators meet during the third quarter and decide to fire Mack Brown immediately afterward.

$CU @ Ark. - Arky still has a good bit of rebuilding to do and I think $CU eeks out another narrow win but gets upset by Tennessee in Knoxville next weekend.

BC @ Clemson - Clemson

UF @ LSU - Florida doesn't have the offense to beat LSU IMO and the game is in Red Stick.

Oregon @ Washington - As much as I's like to see Washington pull the upset, no one has figured-out how to stop the Oregon offense so far this season and Washington will be no different. Oregon wins by at least three TD's.

TAMU @ Ole Miss - Ole Miss loses its third game in a row enroute to a 7 - 5 season and another trip to some meaningless late December bowl game probably in Birmingham, Memphis or Nashville.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

They're already calling the Texas game "Mack's last stand"***

Oct 11, 2013, 11:16 AM

I'm telling you... HUGE trap game for OU

Oct 11, 2013, 11:17 AM

If OU is ready, they will roll Texas. If not, it could be interesting.

I'm not sure a win over OU is enough to save him....

Oct 11, 2013, 11:27 AM [ in reply to They're already calling the Texas game "Mack's last stand"*** ]

at this point particularly considering that he is staring straight down the barrel at, at least, four more losses this season (TCU, OSU, Texas Tech and Baylor).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, he's toast***

Oct 11, 2013, 11:43 AM

Short of winning out.....

Oct 11, 2013, 11:47 AM

I can't envision a scenario where they would keep him and even then it would still be a long shot.

Definitely think USCe loses to Arky***

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It'd take a really strong game from Arky, but

Oct 11, 2013, 11:17 AM

it wouldn't surprise me. Coots have looked like they're sputtering out the last few weeks.

Agree with that...just feel USC is due for a loss***

Oct 11, 2013, 11:33 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll get upset in Knoxville next weekend***

Oct 11, 2013, 11:35 AM

U$uC is roadkill. Losing to Ark, UT and Missouri***

Oct 11, 2013, 5:04 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My picks this weekend, including possible upsets

Oct 11, 2013, 11:25 AM

About SUC's game - Clown boy will be back & it will be an uphill battle for Arky.

Clowney needs to make sure he doesn't get injured at an away game. Might be a 7 figure drop in pay day .... just sayin

Oct 11, 2013, 11:27 AM

My whole deal is Pac 12 I just dont care unless it impacts Clemson's ranking and bowl. Those teams dont interest me

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ole Miss gets rolled .. as do Horns***

Oct 11, 2013, 11:28 AM

I can see your reasons for your picks. I do not think

Oct 11, 2013, 11:33 AM

Clemson will roll early. HOPE i'm dead wrong. I think BC is better than advertised and will put up a good fight. Their running back scares me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's good but not as good as Gurley and Marshall were.

Oct 11, 2013, 11:37 AM

and BC's defense is terrible (worse and the Wake and Syracuse).

Defense is bad, but not sure as bad as Wake/Syracuse

Oct 11, 2013, 11:44 AM

Those guys were pathetic. Slow, scrawny, and pathetic. BC at least likes its huge white dude standard.

BC is currently last in rushing defense in the ACC....

Oct 11, 2013, 11:54 AM

13th in total defense, 7th in pass defense (Wake Forest is 6th) and 9th in scoring defense.

Mostly because of USC and Nova, then add FSU

Oct 11, 2013, 3:31 PM

Wake has only played us.

Nova and USC like to run. FSU only got 159 yards. I'd expect we'd probably come in at a little less than that, with a lot more passing.

Oct 11, 2013, 11:53 AM

York also predicts Clemson to B12 next week. He has sources.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic