Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Defense looked tired
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 725

Defense looked tired

Oct 15, 2016, 5:40 PM

Played well for only 17 pts. scored on them but i felt State had a good game plan. NC State offense had time consuming drives. Boulware coverage skills can be a liability at times. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My only concern was tackling today. Not our usual selves

Oct 15, 2016, 5:42 PM

in that department. That's just a lack of focus.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: My only concern was tackling today. Not our usual selves

Oct 15, 2016, 5:54 PM

Defense only gave up 10 points. Pick 6 wasn't on them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My only concern was tackling today. Not our usual selves

Oct 15, 2016, 6:10 PM

They didn't look great. Gave up 397 yards of total O, which is bad by their standards, and they got their butts kicked at the line of scrimmage on a number of occasions.

There were a number of cases where you'd see them get off blocks slow or not at all, and a bunch of times we had a State player in the grasp - often behind the line - and then not get the guy on the ground.

Bad focus. Bad effort. And truthfully our lack of depth at linebacker is showing itself again. Saw it last year out of Boulware and Company and I think it's that they're smallish LB's who play too many snaps and they tend to wear down over the course of the year, but they had their worst-tackling day of the year.

Open date's at a good time for us, I think. If we can get through FSU I don't see a lot of teams down the stretch that can hurt us...Pitt's the only kinda-worry; it's hard to see Wake, Syracuse, or the Gamecocks hanging with us. Our schedule was front-loaded and that's good.

This team's very good at a lot of things, but we need some more LB's. We definitely need to upgrade at RB because the backups completely did not get it done today and showed nothing in the process - again. It's time to bite the bullet and see what Feaster can do and live with some young-guy pains down the stretch...again, if we survive FSU, the rest of the schedule is conducive to that. But we aren't going to win the Nattie with just one quality running back, or with just two short smallish 230-pound LB's taking every defensive snap.

We got yet another red-flag warning; time to heed it and find some answers down the stretch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 725
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic