Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My initial reaction to our bowl opponent is one of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

My initial reaction to our bowl opponent is one of

Dec 8, 2014, 12:24 AM

disappointment. While I respect Oklahoma for their history, I just don't think that they are a good football team this year. Its going to be like playing Wake Forest: beat them and that's what was supposed to happen; lose to them and you look pathetic.

Please feel free to tell me how I'm wrong.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My initial reaction to our bowl opponent is one of

Dec 8, 2014, 12:50 AM

Although it's not a hot year for them, they lost 3 close games. And the other loss was to the #1 scoring Offense, Baylor. Don't write them off. They lost to TCU, Baylor, KState, and Oklahoma State (in which was good at certain times this year).

Not a hot year for Oklahoma... but don't write them off. Their rushing attack is nasty. Thank goodness for our D-Line. It'll be a low scoring game if Watson is out (which I think he probably will do the surgery early).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My initial reaction to our bowl opponent is one of

Dec 8, 2014, 12:51 AM

Put this in perspective, if we beat Oklahoma, our last three bowl games will be wins against lsu, Ohio state, and Oklahoma. Pretty #### good programs right there.

Exactly...

Dec 8, 2014, 5:10 AM

I'll take those last bowl 3 wins if we can beat OK.

And to add sentiment to what Skiddy said, OK is good but lost real close ones @ TCU and home to KST and were blown out by Baylor. The OKST loss was a bad loss especially considering the 2 TD lead w 5 to play, but this is still a very good team. USuCk made pre-season rankings look like a joke, but OK was preseason top 5 and high expectations this year. Keep in mind too, 3 of their 4 losses were at home, so they seem to play well on the road which is essentially what a bowl game is. Don't think for a second we are just going to waltz all over them. They have an awesome freshman phenom type RB that broke the single game rushing record earlier (think Gurley type size at 5'11, 240), a decent QB who is adored by Katy Perry (she's hot), and an explosive do it all type WR in Sheppard (think Artavis type explosiveness)....

With Watson at helm (if he plays), we should be able to move the ball and score points, but our D better be ready because OK is 9th in the country rush yards per game and the 2nd best rushing attack we've faced behind GT. In total yards per game, they are # 20th in the country averaging 481 a game. Defense wise they rank #54 in total defense giving up 387 yards and 24.8 points. Should be a good game, and I definitely don't think they should be taken lightly.

OK.

Dec 8, 2014, 6:34 AM

If we win we gain momentum heading toward next season. We may start out ranked high enough to get in the top ten to start the season. That's believing that the committee's poll will be a reference point for the early polls.

If not we are designated to be on Raycom and ESPiN3 to begin the year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like the prior posters I'm not about to write-off Oklahoma.***

Dec 8, 2014, 6:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bowl game wins only HELP out with recruiting

Dec 8, 2014, 7:04 AM

Let's go...beat OU !

Oklahoma is a good football team....

Dec 8, 2014, 7:24 AM

And an excellent program.
If they don't give up a 92 yard punt return Saturday in the last minute, then they would be ranked right beside us,

They will run us out of Orlando if we take them lightly,

Not sure why folks have to talk down about a quality opponent. This will be viewed as a good win if we can get it.

I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.***

Dec 8, 2014, 7:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I think OU is a fantastic opponent

Dec 8, 2014, 7:34 AM

They don't have a stellar record this year but are still a very dangerous team, and the matchup of our two schools is bound to generate quite a bit of interest. It sucks that we got bumped down to the second-tier bowls, but having a high-quality opponent goes a long way towards making up for it.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic