Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The ACC Network is a horrible idea for the ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

The ACC Network is a horrible idea for the ACC

Aug 12, 2019, 5:31 PM

And sadly for Clemson. Firstly, it isn’t widely offered among providers at the Beach of South Carolina so one can only surmise it is non existent in areas such as Kansas and California. How’s that for expanding your market? Then take our first game, one that would and should be widely watched being prime time opening Thursday. Had this been on ESPN 3 even we would have had national exposure but unless I’m wrong you need to have a subscription to the network to watch on the app or your TV. I know why ESPN is doing this, the question I have is for the genius minds we have running the ACC, do they even have a clue?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sports bars will love being the local site

Aug 12, 2019, 5:34 PM

On August 29! Take those lemons and hit the Mike's Hard Lemonade...or another beverage...and enjoy!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ACC Network is a horrible idea for the ACC

Aug 12, 2019, 5:37 PM

It's great for the ACC and Clemson unless you don't like money. Everyone will be carrying the network soon enough.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in the end all these games will be payper view

Aug 12, 2019, 6:02 PM

Similar to the way the MLB.tv operates. If you want it you'll pay for it. And they'll eventually get us with a la carte packages or single team packages to rake in the money b/c everything is going web based. They want you to attend the games so they'll end up making staying at home and going similar in price. So you'll end up paying for a base tv package and then an ACC package. Or you'll have to buy the college football package which will be hefty. So be happy with the games we have on tv by just paying your service bill. ITs going to get worse i'm sure.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this initial football season may be a bit difficult.....

Aug 12, 2019, 6:33 PM

but wait until basketball season. just put a UNC-Duke game on ACCN. And a few Syracuse, UVA, Louisville basketball games. You'll see a way bigger national outcry. Plus all the Notre Dame fans.

Everybody will be pressured to have it by basketball season. Just be patient.

Yeah we'll probably get some ribbing from coots and SEC

Aug 12, 2019, 6:46 PM

homers about the slower adoption but in the long run this will deliver well. Too much market and too deep throughout the league's sports not to capture the nut.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this initial football season may be a bit difficult.....

Aug 12, 2019, 6:46 PM [ in reply to this initial football season may be a bit difficult..... ]

Op has a point. The ACC network will be a lost leader for espn. No one will want to pay for it . I wouldn’t pay for it and I have an interest. The failure of this network will leave the ACC with an even worse apathetic perception.

I’m a Tiger true and true but I’m not sold on the Conference network thing. I prefer to concentrate on lil ole Clemson.

true-everybody is a bit like you with their favorite team...

Aug 12, 2019, 6:53 PM

So how many Duke basketball fans are there nationwide? UNC? What about Syracuse? And Notre Dame?

These are huge national brands with fanbases from end to end. Many of these fans can probably get through a terrible football season without ACCN, but you KNOW they will have to have it by Dec 1 when hoops fires up. They put Duke Midnight Madness on, and a million Dukies all over the country will be compelled to watch.

You make some valid points, but

Aug 12, 2019, 9:18 PM [ in reply to this initial football season may be a bit difficult..... ]

lol at Duke-Carolina being shown on the ACCN. Unless you mean reruns?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

do you remember how ESPN got cable carriers

Aug 12, 2019, 9:31 PM

to carry their brand new network ESPN2 back in the mid-90's?? I do.

They broadcast UNC-Duke on it.

Look it up.

ESPN2 was a prime network 20 yrs ago

Aug 13, 2019, 9:12 AM

You ever see bama-lsu or bama-auburn or bama-uga on the SEC network?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 12, 2019, 6:47 PM

Fail to plan, and plan to fail.

I'm ready and waiting for the starting gun.

For many years while in business, I learned that the ones that can adapt to change the easiest succeeded the most. If you're a CLEMSON man, I suggest you grab those bootstraps and pull yourself up, and haul some ###.

While I agree with you, it doesn’t apply here. This

Aug 12, 2019, 6:53 PM

Is not ground breaking. It’s keeping up while staying behind.

Aug 12, 2019, 6:48 PM

What is the beach of South Carolina?

Aug 12, 2019, 9:10 PM

That would be the area otherwise known as the Grand Strand, Long Bay etc. Isle of Palms, Kiawah and Hilton Head are barrier islands so South Carolina truly only has one beach head.

Message was edited by: InletTiger15

Aug 12, 2019, 10:08 PM

HTC has announced ACCN will be available so the Myrtle Beach/Conway and Georgetown is covered.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This post was a horrible idea

Aug 12, 2019, 7:08 PM

The network is going to make Clemson and the league a lot more money, as well as bringing attention to Olympic sports, and some cool series including one about Clemson football.

It will be getting picked up by more carriers, this is just how the negotiations work. At this point, your conference is a joke if you don’t have a network.

Aug 12, 2019, 7:11 PM

I’ll let Swofford know

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My goodness. We are the 15-0 defending national champs.

Aug 12, 2019, 7:31 PM

Our Spring Game was an hours-long Clemson commercial. We are recruiting blue chip student-athletes out of California. Game Day will be at Clemson for the first half of their broadcast.

I’m all for maximum exposure but maybe, just maybe people know who Clemson is. Let’s see if we can give back just a little by enticing providers to carry the ACC network. And can we at least wait a few months before we declare it a failure? It’s not even launched yet.

Do we really think it benefits Clemson to be in the only conference without a Network?

Just out of curiosity, is there some source that can say how many homes have access to each conference’s network?

null

yes and right now just a few hours away we will

Aug 12, 2019, 7:34 PM

be listening to our first game on the radio since so many networks are not picking up the ACCN

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think just about everybody can sign up for the

Aug 12, 2019, 7:38 PM

free trial of youtube tv and see the ga tech game
we'll see where it goes from there

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How old are you Neal?***

Aug 13, 2019, 9:15 AM [ in reply to yes and right now just a few hours away we will ]

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: yes and right now just a few hours away we will

Aug 13, 2019, 10:15 AM [ in reply to yes and right now just a few hours away we will ]

A few hours away? There's literally 16 days until the game. And as people have pointed out, you can easily sign up for a free trial of Hulu Live TV/Youtube TV/Playstation Vue and watch the game.

GO TIGERS

Re: My goodness. We are the 15-0 defending national champs.

Aug 12, 2019, 9:14 PM [ in reply to My goodness. We are the 15-0 defending national champs. ]

This isn’t a matter of knowing who Clemson is. Who outside of South Carolina will subscribe to an entire ACC network to watch Clemson play 12 games? The rest of the ACC is a garbage fire and we all know it. This doesn’t do us any favors. The National viewership on the A & M game will be huge, outside of that I’m not convinced and if you don’t think 5 star players are coming here to be seen on TV then I can’t help you see it. Some obscure network that isn’t even available locally is a very bad sign.

No1, some1

Aug 13, 2019, 9:20 AM

It isn't about clemson.. some will sign up to watch FSU or VT football games..or Duke women lacross.

The majority of Clemson games will be on tv. You can always PAY for the ACC network . Nothing is stopping you.

Re: My goodness. We are the 15-0 defending national champs.

Aug 13, 2019, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: My goodness. We are the 15-0 defending national champs. ]

It's the ACC Network, not the Clemson Network. Clemson isn't going to be exclusively shown on the ACC Network.

Aug 12, 2019, 7:36 PM

Replays will be shown on other ESPN channels. Don't panic until there is something to panic about.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Aug 12, 2019, 7:38 PM

Maybe it'll be provided nationwide? I know Charter Spectrum has the Big 10 Network in this area even though there are no conference schools nearby.

there is no "Perception of the ACC"

Aug 12, 2019, 7:41 PM

beyond this forum. For the most-part, nobody really cares about the success or prosperity of the ACC network in relation to the SEC Network. People just fabricate this drama and then worry about it needlessly.

Nationally, nobody cares about the GT @ Clemson game.

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I figured that any fan of any Power5 team

Aug 12, 2019, 11:09 PM

who thinks their school has a chance for the Playoff would be interested in hopes of Clemson taking a loss - no matter how remote that chance is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there is no "Perception of the ACC"

Aug 13, 2019, 10:17 AM [ in reply to there is no "Perception of the ACC" ]

Well college football fans definitely care, in that it's the opening game of week 1 featuring the defending champions. If it was buried in the middle of the season nobody would care, but as far as Thursday night openers go, it's a pretty good one.

GO TIGERS

It will still be on ESPN3***

Aug 13, 2019, 7:26 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But only accessible if you have access to the ACCN

Aug 13, 2019, 9:17 AM

I remember trying to use ESPN3 to watch a game broadcast on ESPN U.

It said i don't have ESPNU through my subscriber so I couldn't watch the game on espn3.

Aug 13, 2019, 9:05 AM

They have a clue. Do you have a clue?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2019, 10:03 AM

Firstly, it isn’t widely offered among providers at the Beach of South Carolina so one can only surmise it is non existent in areas such as Kansas and California. How’s that for expanding your market?

I'm in Denver and I will have the ACC Network. I think you're vastly underestimating the popularity of streaming TV services. The ACC Network is starting off slow, but it'll catch on in time.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic