Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My friend was just ripped off on tickets to the game...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

My friend was just ripped off on tickets to the game...

Sep 29, 2016, 8:19 PM

My friend (seriously!) was just delivered his FedEx package of tickets from Score Big that he bought MONTHS AGO...to find out when he opened it that his tickets were never paid for by Score Big to the original supplier, and he has NO TICKETS. They FEDEXed this to him TODAY!!! he is livid, and beyond disappointed, flying from Maryland tomorrow.

1. Don't ever order from that site!
2. Does anyone have a pair of tickets still for sale? If so please tmail me. Thanks!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Ugh, that sucks.***

Sep 29, 2016, 8:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: My friend was just ripped off on tickets to the game...

Sep 29, 2016, 8:26 PM

StubHub, e delivery. Only way to buy Clemson tickets if you don't know the seller.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

In all honesty the best deals will be at the game Saturday

Sep 29, 2016, 8:28 PM

There will be people with hard tickets just walk around at tailgates and ask around. I know every game there are people ready to hand them out. Don't expect 50 yard line lower deck for $50 but he will get in the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i agree, bring 60 if u need to sweeten the deal

Sep 29, 2016, 9:45 PM

Nobody will be walking around wanting 100 bucks except for scalpers. Closer to kickoff tickets go way down

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In all honesty the best deals will be at the game Saturday

Sep 29, 2016, 10:12 PM [ in reply to In all honesty the best deals will be at the game Saturday ]

I have had this question for a while.

Since that you can sell tickets online using the barcode, when it's sold, a new barcode will be generated and thus void the original one in the process. So, how can one know that a hard ticket has never been sold online and is still valid?

To me, the answer is you'll never know, unless of course you walk with the seller together to the gate.

That said, do I still buy hard tickets? Yes, I do. I don't think most people are out to scam other people. You just need a good eye to spot the bad seeds.

I had similar thoughts after thinking about how I was going

Sep 29, 2016, 11:11 PM

to handle this.

There are still ways to spot scammers.

Sep 30, 2016, 12:20 AM

I bought hard tickets to Orange Bowls and Natty. I actually bought two pairs (I only need one pair) for the Orange Bowl. Sold the first pair after getting really good seats ($100 each for Club Seats--arguably the best seats I've ever had).

If you run across someone who wants to scam you, it's actually not that difficult to spot. Just don't let your feeling, greed or whatever that makes you want the tickets overshadow good reasonings.

Other than that, I haven't seen a sure way of a system that buyers can verify tickets online and make sure they're legit.

well, what was in the package?***

Sep 29, 2016, 9:00 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: well, what was in the package?***

Sep 29, 2016, 9:03 PM

I am Suzi's friend. It was a generic letter saying that ScoreBig did not pay "them" and that my tickets are invalidated.

I have the hard tickets in hand as they would be from a season ticket holder. I had no idea they could be invalidated. :(

Sorry to hear dude. Hope you find a couple tickets and

Sep 29, 2016, 9:06 PM

end up having a blast anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: well, what was in the package?***

Sep 29, 2016, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Re: well, what was in the package?*** ]

Sell those tickets at the game and buy some other ones

That is not even funny***

Sep 29, 2016, 9:35 PM

Re: That is not even funny***

Sep 29, 2016, 9:36 PM

Hopefully him hahahaha

You would fit right in at the jounge

Sep 30, 2016, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: well, what was in the package?*** ]

Tmail me for details

That sucks

Sep 29, 2016, 9:06 PM

There's a place on this site where people post tickets for sale. I guess a lot of people don't realize that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That sucks

Sep 29, 2016, 9:46 PM

Ya, I posted on here but a few months ago, people hadn't received their tickets yet and there wasn't any activity.

Not good. Link with more info

Sep 29, 2016, 9:11 PM

http://ampthemag.com/the-real/scorebig-crisis-hands-brokers/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not good. Link with more info

Sep 29, 2016, 9:19 PM

I'm so disappointed. I've been looking forward to this for a long time. We can only make it to one game a year.

We have plane tickets purchased. It's an odd feeling going to the game without knowing I can secure tickets.

Everyone is reselling them for so much more than we paid for our tickets. *sigh*

Sep 29, 2016, 9:22 PM

Focus on what you can do now, since you're in a time crunch.

Then LIGHT UP Score Big to the tune of legal threats to compensate you for your travel and time. I mean that, MAKE.THEM.PAY. Bunch of horse**** is what that is.

Sep 29, 2016, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Not good. Link with more info ]

If the fake tickets don't work, keep them. Once you get in the game with other tickets you have bought, go to the fake ticket seats. Whoever is in them, beat their a$$.

Sep 30, 2016, 9:42 AM

It's not those people's fault from the way I understand it. It's like if I sold my season tickets on Stubhub, but stubhub never paid me what I was owed. I would do the same thing and reprint them if possible. That said, because stubhub is linked to the Clemson ticket office, once I sell on Stubhub, those tickets no longer show up on my account to reprint.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe the article is incorrect.

Sep 29, 2016, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Not good. Link with more info ]

There are several types of bankruptcy. In the event that a company is liquidated, the debts are paid first leaving investors, depending on the type, to their share.

Can hard tickets be invalidated??

Sep 29, 2016, 9:23 PM

I have the tickets I purchased from ScoreBig.com. Can they actually be canceled??? I have no idea how season ticket holders sell tickets.

Re: Can hard tickets be invalidated??

Sep 29, 2016, 9:26 PM

You can re-issue tickets as a season ticket holder, so unfortunately yes.

Pro Tip: if you're buying from a site you've never purchased from before, unless you are POSITIVE its a accredited company, Google: "### Company Reviews"

I hope you're able to take some legal recourse.

Re: Can hard tickets be invalidated??

Sep 29, 2016, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Can hard tickets be invalidated?? ]

Yes, they can be invalidated. If you're coming in early enough tomorrow, go by the ticket office and they can scan them and tell you if they will still work.

null

The safest way to buy tickets,

Sep 30, 2016, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Can hard tickets be invalidated?? ]

Is of course from IPTAY. If you can't do that, buy from season ticket holders who can transfer the tickets to you online via the IPTAY website, then you pick up at Will Call. The original ticket barcodes are invalidated, and your newly issued tickets are good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Sep 29, 2016, 9:24 PM

I would look for him. I would find him, and I would kill him. Justifiable homicide, and a good jury will let me off for that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2016, 9:28 PM

Also this, but if you have the actual tickets, you may be able to go by the IPTAY office and see if they can help you:

1) Get into the game
2) Pursue the season ticket holder, assuming they're the primary scammer

You talking about the season ticket holder or the broker?

Sep 29, 2016, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Re: My friend was just ripped off on tickets to the game... ]

It's the scumbag broker who never paid the
season ticket holder for the tickets. You
could get another ticket, go find those seats
and let them have it but it's not really their
fault. Plus they may have sold them to someone
else.

Still wondering why the broker just shipped
worthless tickets that were bought months ago
and not a refund.

Re: You talking about the season ticket holder or the broker?

Sep 29, 2016, 10:05 PM

I got the tickets several weeks ago. I came home to a FedEx notice on my door that required my signature for delivery. I was curious what would require my signature and since we were going to be away, I went down to the FedEx office to pick up my letter. That's when I saw the generic letter.

The letter I got from someone...

Sep 29, 2016, 10:47 PM

Wow.. not even signed. Really, who wrote that letter?***

Sep 30, 2016, 1:22 AM

null

Wow.. not even signed. Really, who wrote that letter?***

Sep 30, 2016, 1:22 AM [ in reply to The letter I got from someone... ]

null

I assume season ticket holders.

Sep 30, 2016, 1:35 AM

They had no obligation to send it but, did so as a courtesy to others or self preservation if they plan on attending future games.

Sep 30, 2016, 7:18 AM

Is this your friend also on reddit? I was wondering if it is the same person or if someone else got ripped off in similar fashion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/555zlh/clemson_vs_louisville_tickets_sold_by_scorebigcom/

null

Ya, that's me on Reddit.***

Sep 30, 2016, 10:15 AM

Just got a commitment from a buyer for my two tickets

Sep 30, 2016, 7:54 AM

yesterday. If it doesn't go through I'll tmail you.

Either I suck at reading comprehension

Sep 30, 2016, 8:12 AM

or you aren't great at assplaining.

You said NO Tickets but he got a FedEx package of tickets...

I has the confuse.

Scorebig is the villain, not the season ticket holder

Sep 30, 2016, 8:29 AM

Scorebig stiffed people to the tune of several million dollars. They were taking money then not paying the owners of the tickets. The season ticket owner never got paid. His option was to suck up the loss or invalidate the tickets. If he could contact the buyer he could have him do a chargeback with his CC company then pay him directly but Scorebig won't release that info. Sucks for both the buyer and seller.

Re: Scorebig is the villain, not the season ticket holder

Sep 30, 2016, 9:32 AM

Season ticket holder also agreed to sell through this fraudulent company. IMO they should have split the difference in the loss.

I received hard tickets in the mail. However, I've learned

Sep 30, 2016, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Either I suck at reading comprehension ]

that hard tickets are not reliable. At any point in time, the seller could change them to electronic tickets and sell them that way.

I misunderstood him when we chatted on the phone.

Sep 30, 2016, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Either I suck at reading comprehension ]

He did get tickets a few weeks ago. Yesterday, he got the FedEx letter saying tickets were no longer valid.

:(

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic