Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My favorite thing about CJ Spiller
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,462

My favorite thing about CJ Spiller

Aug 16, 2020, 9:47 AM

I think what made him so special watching his highlights (thanks tnet!) it didn’t matter if he was at the 50 or the 5 his acceleration never slowed down. He could be 30 yards in front of the closest defender and he never looked back he just kept the jets burning full force. I loved that about him. Nowadays just about every running back slows down when they know(or think) they are far enough away and trots across the goal line. Spiller accelerated all the way to the line no matter what.

My favorite player. If there’s one criticism I have with Coach Swinney is being manipulated by a certain 5star running back who ended up being a coot and taking No 28 out of retirement to land a recruit

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My favorite thing about CJ Spiller

Aug 16, 2020, 10:16 AM

Spiller is still my Clemson GOAT. Imagine what he could do on these teams we have now...

No need to trash Feaster. I disagree with his decision but by all accounts he’s a good kid.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2020, 10:24 AM

True he’s a Clemson man through and through. Just didn’t like the whole unretired jersey number deal. It wasn’t the same as how it went down with DW4 and Steve Fuller.

Aug 16, 2020, 10:34 AM

I don’t recall all the details, but I thought CJ also gave permission.

Aug 16, 2020, 12:20 PM

Of course CJ gave him permission. CJ would give anything to Clemson or anyone else. That’s the kind of selfless person he is.

Aug 17, 2020, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: My favorite thing about CJ Spiller ]

Feaster a Clemson man through and through??? I don't see it.

Aug 17, 2020, 12:34 PM

CUfan99® said:

Feaster a Clemson man through and through??? I don't see it.

-Graduated from Clemson

-Won 2 Nattys, 3 ACC championships

-Made a business decision and STILL WAS EMBRACED by his former teammates at Clemson

Personally, I wasn't a big fan of him deciding to go to a rival but he made his decision for whatever reason.

Doesn't matter if it worked out for him in OUR eyes or that he would've MAYBE been drafted if he stayed, yada-yada. Y'all that got ill will towards the dude need to grow up.

Clemson graduates have decided to go to Carolina for grad school too and that doesn't make them less of a Clemson graduate - simply a business decision.

When Feaster committed we ALL had high expectations based on the buzz surrounding the kid and him getting to wear Spiller's jersey. Sometimes things don't work out.

Wish him well and just remember the #28 that had some of the best Clemson highlight plays ever - Mr CJ Spiller

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2020, 1:12 PM

You didn't convince me.

Aug 16, 2020, 10:37 AM

When at Clemson I got a kick out of how his little daughter didnt understand why people wanted his autograph. By all accounts CJ seems to be a really good guy. Glad he's a Tiger and in the area.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In future, a good "rule" to use with recruits and numbers

Aug 16, 2020, 11:44 AM

would be this:

Your freshman year, you get a number we assign. IF you can beat the stats of the previous star who wore that number (his freshman year) AND get his blessing, you can have the number starting your sophomore year. That would make it like most things in life should be, performance based.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,462
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic